Quantcast Some Rumors to Discuss - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the Wonders of Life Pavilion? Are they ever going to update it? If Imagination closes, that would be two large pavilions just taking up space.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like amazing shows, fireworks, attractions are happening in other parks around the world. Do those parks make Disney that much more$$$$ than WDW?

EPCOT needs so much more in Future World. Maybe they should just build more resort space in that area and just have World Showcase. So disappointed it isn't more than what it could be.

A lot of walking with not much satisfaction and WOW experiences. We enter through World Showcase and don't spend much time in Future World these days.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Fixed it for you...
    subtle, but accurate.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

No Figment would make me very sad. I love this character

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I've heard other rumors about the Imagination pavilion that are more along the lines of bringing back the original ride and Imageworks area.
    The original track with the turntable was "disconnected" as the turntable had become *very* unusable by the time "JiI" debuted 2001 without Figment and without Kodak's involvement. The current length of the track is only about 2/3rds of the original; the current queue takes you right over where the turntable used to be.

And yes on Wishes replacement. It's about 10 years overdue. Hope they bring in some of Disneyland's fireworks show elements.
    "Wishes" is only ten years old itself...LOL...I *loved* "Fantasy in the Sky" so much more than "Wishes"...
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    The original track with the turntable was "disconnected" as the turntable had become *very* unusable by the time "JiI" debuted 2001 without Figment and without Kodak's involvement. The current length of the track is only about 2/3rds of the original; the current queue takes you right over where the turntable used to be.

"Wishes" is only ten years old itself...LOL...I *loved* "Fantasy in the Sky" so much more than "Wishes"...
    I know the JIYI track had been changed but I have heard that the intent is to make the ride more like it originally was. Not exactly, but along those lines.

And yeah, I never liked Wishes. That song grates on my nerves and the first time I saw it, I was over it. It's a rather unimaginative show, after you've seen what Disney is really capable of choreographing.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    No Figment would make me very sad. I love this character
    Ditto. EPCOT needs Figment IMHO!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickclub1955 View Post
    What about the Wonders of Life Pavilion? Are they ever going to update it? If Imagination closes, that would be two large pavilions just taking up space.
    Wonders of Life will remain as is for the foreseeable future...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Wonders of Life will remain as is for the foreseeable future...
    Seasonal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Seasonal?
    It's not even seasonal, and hasn't been for about five years maybe.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

We all know that seasonal is Disney speak for, we need to close this to save some money, but the public outcry will attract too much attention, so lets list it as seasonal, guests will soon forget about it, or think they are just traveling at the wrong time. We'll eventually stop listing it on maps and such and nobody will be any the wiser!

Post Thanks / Like

I know I miss it. Miss seeing the double helix. Body Wars, even the Making of Me. As corny as it was it was still so cute!!

Now you I don't even "see" the building.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I really can't see Disney permanently shuttering Figment. It's too out in the open vs.WOL being somewhat off the beaten path. Plus, with a 3-D attraction in the pavillion, it doesn't make sense to get rid of it. I'll take this for what it is - a rumor.

As for Wishes leaving in about a year, I'll miss it. I've always loved it, the way it opened, the way it ended, and everything inbetween. What a great show. As long as they don't go back to something like it's predecessor (Fantasy in the sky?) which was quite dull, I'll be fine. Maybe they can do something like Disneyland and incorporate Dumbo or a back-and-forth Tink.

And I buy that they'll do a Princess meet and greet near Norway. Frozen is going to be HUGE, and they'll need to capitalize. To be honest, I can't believe it's not already up.

As for Soarin' getting a third theatre, it can't happen soon enough. Either add an extra theatre or get a new E-ticket at Epcot, and since the latter won't happen.... I was at Disneyland last week, and Radiator Springs Racers has turned Soarin' Over CA into a ghost town. I literally waited less than 10 minutes to ride. I can't do that with a fastpass at Epcot. The change there would be good.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    II was at Disneyland last week, and Radiator Springs Racers has turned Soarin' Over CA into a ghost town. I literally waited less than 10 minutes to ride. I can't do that with a fastpass at Epcot. The change there would be good.
    Even before the other ride open, Soarin' was pretty much a walk-in at Disneyland.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

if they are going to move more StarWars into the Studios, then maybe it makes more sense to move the Muppets into the Imagination pavillion and update that. If they want to do an imagination ride upgrade, use the technology in the Mystery Manor, and Toy Story Mania vehicles and you can even bring figment and dreamfinder into it as well... Muppets have always been full of imagination... Or maybe even expand it to the world of Jim Henson and all his imaginary worlds...
    May 2007 All Star Music
    Oct 2003 All Star Music
    May 2000 Old Key West
    June 1996 Dixie Landings
    May 1987 Offsite
    May 1982 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Long-time lurker, first-time poster, here to inject some much-needed logic and reason into this forum.

First of all, here's a REAL correction:

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    TDO = Team Disney Orlando, the management team which DOES NOT ruin the resort...
    TDO is not as powerful as you think, folks.

Also, they are not the ones who write the major checks or choose the major projects.
    That's actually the responsibility of the Walt Disney Company headquarters in Burbnak. TDA and TDO just operate and coordinate the operations of the parks. They do not have the power to spend a billion dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    None of the new "additions" in the last years have impressed me. With all the new technology they should be hitting home runs with each change, but they are not. They just keep using the same tired old ideas. I like the Ariel attraction (it's cute) but it's just an upgraded Nemo ride. Nothing new.
    I completely disagree and feel very sorry for you.

Not only are you completely wrong, but most of the new additions are actually awesome (yes, awesome).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Meet and Greet? BOO I miss the days when characters roamed the park. I understand why they can not anymore but the last thing I want is another carboard cut out meet and greet.
    First of all, there's nothing "cardboard cut-out" about any of the newly-added character meet-and-greet locations that they've added to the parks in the last few years (Princess Fairytale Hall, Town Square Theater, Pete's Silly Sideshow, etc.)--they're all very well done and done tastefully.

Also, characters actually DO roam from time-to-time still. Not as much as in the past, but there's still those occurances.

Besides, one component of MyMagic+/NextGen is going to be more simple, unplanned character meet-and-greets, which means more opprotunities to see rare, random and/or roaming characters, just like in the old days.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to INTERCOT!

Always good to hear new poster's opinions. Please keep posting them.

But I have to call you out on this:
    Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    None of the new "additions" in the last years have impressed me. With all the new technology they should be hitting home runs with each change, but they are not. They just keep using the same tired old ideas. I like the Ariel attraction (it's cute) but it's just an upgraded Nemo ride. Nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Be Nice About Disney View Post
    Not only are you completely wrong, but most of the new additions are actually awesome (yes, awesome).
    An opinion on whether something is awesome or not, cannot be "wrong."
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

And yeah, I never liked Wishes. That song grates on my nerves and the first time I saw it, I was over it. It's a rather unimaginative show, after you've seen what Disney is really capable of choreographing.
    Thank you. I hated that song he first time I heard it. I thought I was the only one.

P.S. I LOVED Fantasy in th Sky.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ