Quantcast Letter to Disney re: FP+ - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Recieved another unsolicited phone call from "my" person at Disney Guest Relations, and an email as well.

They are listening folks. Send them your constructive feedback directly.

best,

...........john

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great letter! Thanks for taking the time to write it. I sincerely hope it falls on ears that will listen. We, too, feel as frustrated as you. We have our next vacation planned, we however will be spending 4 of the 7 days off grounds. We haven't done that in 10 years. I hope they get this worked out soon!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Sent in an email two days ago along the same lines. Just talking about the fact that I have 3 vacations to WDW planned in the next 3 months but two of those I will be staying off site so I can't use FP+ at all until the day of... And the third trip I'm meeting someone down there who will be buying her park ticket at the gate... so I don't want to book my FP+ yet since it won't match up with what's available for her when we arrive. So I have to wait until we get there and she buys her park ticket so that we can both get the same FPs.

Three trips... Can't reserve FP+ for any of them. As a new Annual pass holder I fail to see how this is a benefit or perk for me, a 35+ year customer of Disney.

I wonder, have you guys heard of ANYONE who is happy with the FP+ system? I've only heard complaints. I wonder if anyone is actually thinking "Wow this is great!"

I'll let you know if I get a reply.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I wonder, have you guys heard of ANYONE who is happy with the FP+ system? I've only heard complaints. I wonder if anyone is actually thinking "Wow this is great!"
    There are a few poeple posting on here in scattered threads that they like it.

Like in most things, the people who are satisfied with something don't usually tend to speak up... but those that have an "axe to grind" (or are the 'glass half empty' types) are more vocal.

While I can see the downsides of FP+ (as currently implemented) it was not the main focus of my letter and emails to Disney. It's just one part of the new system changes.

FastPass+ pretty much worked for us... but I can easily see how it would not work for some others. But we got in before the tiered system was put in place too. And we did not use any regular Fastpasses in addition while there either even though we had the Keycards too. And we did not change any FP+s with the inpark phone app either (slow).

We are not ones for things like rockin roller coaster or tower of terror (never been on either... never will). Test track and soarin are on our top ten list though...and we FP+ed them and also hit them via the standby lines (which were NOT always all that long).

best,

.............john

Post Thanks / Like

"I wonder, have you guys heard of ANYONE who is happy with the FP+ system? I've only heard complaints. I wonder if anyone is actually thinking "Wow this is great!"

Umm that would be us! We utilized the whole system this past October and it worked great for us. I do not believe the system we worked under in Oct. will be the final product. Too many problems/complaints. I am a planner so planning FP ahead of time is great. I really hope though that whatever the system ends up being they try and address as many peoples traveling style as possible. We always stay on property but what of those who don't?
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Got a reply from someone at Disney and she thanked me profusely for my feedback. She said that they need to know this stuff from guests, especially those with long histories of visiting the parks so they can roll it out properly. She also wants to chat with me by phone to talk about my thoughts.
    So keep those letters coming people. They're listening.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there are people who like it. They have posted in this thread and others about how they don't mind it. (See my post.) They're just drowned out by the rage.

I think the limit is fair. Did I like the old system more? Sure. Do I hate the new system? No. I'm not going to let it ruin my vacation. I'm still eating Dole Whip, riding all the "Mountains" and watching fireworks. I'm sorry, but it's no big deal for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckUSA View Post
    Yes, there are people who like it. They have posted in this thread and others about how they don't mind it. (See my post.) They're just drowned out by the rage.

I think the limit is fair. Did I like the old system more? Sure. Do I hate the new system? No. I'm not going to let it ruin my vacation. I'm still eating Dole Whip, riding all the "Mountains" and watching fireworks. I'm sorry, but it's no big deal for us.
    We're here now and loving the fastpass+ and magicband set up. It's working soooooo well for us! Having a FANTASTIC holiday!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

The Guest relations person whome I have talked with a couple of times already a good while ago.... just called me "out of the blue" to check on what we were thinking. I missed th cfall but a long very nice message on my machine. Unsolicited. Following up.

Polite, factual, professional physical letters and emails do work folks.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckUSA View Post
    They're just drowned out by the rage.
    Yup.

best,

....................john

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Letters, Calls and Emails

I hope these complaints get heard and changes take place.

Remember when those genuises replaced Exra Magic Hours with the "Character Caravan" (or whatever they called it)? A bus carrying characters visited the resorts while the marketing department told us that's what we really wanted.

Guests complained and EMH was restored.

And I am sure there were many guests (3 or 4 even) who said, "We never stayed for EMH but we adored the Character Caravan."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Remember when those genuises replaced Exra Magic Hours with the "Character Caravan" (or whatever they called it)? A bus carrying characters visited the resorts while the marketing department told us that's what we really wanted.
    "
    Funny! I almost forgot about that!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Am with you, thanks for a well written letter.
    Don't like only 3 FP a day and the planning (which I've done for our little family's yearly vacation for years) is even getting to be a bit too much.

Am hoping I can change FP's in park the day of with my iPhone if I haven't gotten to the assigned time and other times are available.

Also don't't like not begin able to have more than one FP's for the same attraction. I might want a morning 'Soaring and a night 'Soaring FP

Definitely don't like the tier system of what fast passes you can choose, I have to pick between Soaring or Test Track?
    WDW
    7 trips off site
    96- Swan
    98- CB
    00- CB
    01- PO (FQ)
    02- PO (FQ)
    03- Feb 2nd - 7th ASM
    04- Oct 26 - Nov 2 PO RS
    05- Jan 11-13 (engaged)- ASM
    05- Oct 3-8 CBR
    07- Jan 7-12 ASM

11 - 1/2 ~ 8 POR
    12- 1/8- 13 ASMu
    13- 1/27-2/2 ASSp
    14- 1/26- 2/1 ASMo

16 ~ 1/10 - 1/ 15 POFQ
    17 ~ 1/8 - 1/ 13 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Very well written letter.

We're heading down for a long weekend trip in May and I'm almost relieved that we're splitting between WDW and Universal. We're arriving late at night and are doing one of the water parks, so we'll only have 2 days to deal with FP+ headaches. I feel that DD 11 and I had the FP system down to a science and used it to make the most of our time in the parks. This new system seems like we'll be forced to move slower than we're used to.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We are a family of six with our youngest being 21. Our last vacation together with DW and I picking up the tab for everything but airfare. We will be heading to WDW for the Food & Wine Festival October 3 - 11, 2014. One DD and one DS will be joining us for half the visit due to school and work obligations. We have enough unexpired days from our various trips to cover us all. We have access to a time share off site free of charge. We also can stay onsite do the dinning plan,etc. We love to park hop. I like to have our WDW trips somewhat laid out in advance and pride myself of finding new things to see and do, but trying to keep up with the FP+ discussions and the changes has my head spinning and about to explode.

I really don't like the idea of planning my vacation planned to such a degree. I need a just to plan the trip.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    They are honestly listening to feedback and need as many guests as possible to provide feedback.
    This is good news. Maybe I also need to write. I'm doing a Disney vacation in November for sure, but it's up in the air whether I drive down to DL or fly to WDW. DL is so much better than it used to be and we had a great time last month. I do miss Epcot and AK, but all this FP+ makes me very hesitant.

I had a friend go last week and she said she loved FP+; but they are also a family who doesn't rush to every attraction like we do. I get more done in 1 day than they do in 3, but I guess that's what buying into DVC does to people.

I'm frustrated that we only get 3 FPs. That seems low. Whether we order ahead of time or not, it's just three. I hate that idea. How does my son and I hit Expedition Everst 4 times in a day without the FP? I say keep the Magic Bands, but you can keep the +.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

FP+ will deter me from going to WDW. Only allowing 3 maybe 4 FPs per day and having to plan them is not my idea of a vacation. I don't even make dining reservations because it is too much of a hassle and pain.

Like others have said it is a broken system. What I could see working is keeping both. FP+ allows you to get 2 fast passes scheduled before your trip and not count against time restrictions. Then at the parks the day of, you use the system as it has been.

For me I will go to Universal Studios and stay on site. I call their system "Front of Line", but I am not sure what it is called. It is so much easier and hassle free. We literally walk on a rides with no waits at all. We went on The Cat in the Hat passing a guy 5 times in a half hour. His family had not been on and we went 5x in a row. I know this can't be done at Disney, but the new FP+ system is lightyears behind.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=BigRedDad;2392951]Like others have said it is a broken system. What I could see working is keeping both. FP+ allows you to get 2 fast passes scheduled before your trip and not count against time restrictions. Then at the parks the day of, you use the system as it has been. QUOTE]

I agree. Admittedly, I have not been to WDW since the implementation of the new systems (twice this year while it was in planning, but we were not included) but I, like others, do not like to plan every moment of my vacation months ahead. Sorry, that's just not to for me. It seems like to enjoy the top tier attractions with minimal waiting, that's what it takes.

I am just glad I travel during what are traditionally low traffic times of year. The current system of FP almost wasn't necessary to use in September this year.

I don't like the idea of "wearing" my park pass and credit card either, but I could deal with that I suppose.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I'm having a miserable experience planning Fast Passes over at disney.com and came on here to see what was up...

I've been crazy busy and head in the sand about this trip since we booked it, and hadn't read any of the fastpass+ details or looked into it until today...

I'm just not able to wrap my head around the fact that I can't get fastpasses for both Soarin' and Test Track on the same day, or that I can't now plan on riding either of those rides with the friends I'm meeting there because I can't reserve passes for them or that I have to plan my ENTIRE FREAKING DAY out right now even though I haven't even boarded the plane yet... and this is just one day! I haven't clicked on the other days and I hardly have the heart to. But for the kids's sake so we can have at least one quick not-standing-in-a-long-line experience, I guess I will.

I am SO DISAPPOINTED. When we get back, I'll write a letter to Disney.
    Jane Agnes Banks
    I was aka Agnes in VMK

"Course heading, Captain?"
    "Second star to the right... and straight on 'til morning."
    --Chekov and Kirk
    The Undiscovered Country

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    For me I will go to Universal Studios and stay on site. I call their system "Front of Line", but I am not sure what it is called. It is so much easier and hassle free. We literally walk on a rides with no waits at all. We went on The Cat in the Hat passing a guy 5 times in a half hour. His family had not been on and we went 5x in a row. I know this can't be done at Disney, but the new FP+ system is lightyears behind.
    Part of me so dislikes the Universal system because of just that. If you can afford to pay for it, its great. And a handful get that perk. At disney at least everyone is on a fairly even playing field (once you have a ticket). Will you get to do splash 6 times in a day? Maybe not, but you will get to ride, and so will families X, Y and Z.

Quote Originally Posted by janebanks View Post

I am SO DISAPPOINTED. When we get back, I'll write a letter to Disney.
    Give it a shot, you may be surprised. We were apprehensive after dealing with the glitchy website. The app, and the ability to make change during the day of your fast passes, actually makes modifying your fast passes easier then when you'd "miss" a paper fast pass. We also found we didn't lose as much time in the day running around the park to gather fast passes, only to back track to ride.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: