Quantcast how long before Maelstrom becomes 'Frozen' - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't help thinking about Maelstrom while we were watching Frozen too! We do enjoy the ride, but some kind of update would be fun. And, if done well, I think some Frozen elements would be great!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I couldn't help thinking about Maelstrom while we were watching Frozen too! We do enjoy the ride, but some kind of update would be fun. And, if done well, I think some Frozen elements would be great!

......sorry ...just can't get behind more cartoons invading some of the Epcot pavilions. If the Maelstrom needs an update ...then let them use the newer generation of the animatronics to change things like the trolls, the vikings, the BEAR ...but keep the schlock out of there.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

No need to be sorry! We'll just agree to disagree. I would enjoy the updates you've mentioned as well.

Post Thanks / Like

YES!!! What a great idea. I mean really, there's always just a handful of people on this ride. Why? Because it's not a very exciting tale. But if you add Frozen into it, kids will be coming from all over to catch it. We'd actually have to use the Fastpass machines that are there - which I've never ever used.

This totally worked in the Mexico pavillion. It turned the worst Epcot attraction into one that my kids won't miss, and even want to ride twice.

Let's hope!!! I'm definitely on your side here.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    YES!!! What a great idea. I mean really, there's always just a handful of people on this ride. Why? Because it's not a very exciting tale. But if you add Frozen into it, kids will be coming from all over to catch it. We'd actually have to use the Fastpass machines that are there - which I've never ever used.

This totally worked in the Mexico pavillion. It turned the worst Epcot attraction into one that my kids won't miss, and even want to ride twice.

Let's hope!!! I'm definitely on your side here.
    Huh? There is never only a handful of people on Maelstrom... There is never anyone on Gran Fiesta Tour so adding the characters there has been a major failure... Maelstrom has anywhere from a 20 to 45 minute wait during any time of the day... Mexico? Walk on...

No characters... No more ruining Epcot... Put them in the MK, not Epcot.. They don't belong...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

We never have a wait for Maelstrom, it's always walk straight on, and we have been on when there are only us and a few other people. But, we typically go off season, so you'd have to factor that in.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually when we go there is about a 20-45 minute on average for Maelstrom. Many times I have seen it over an hour and people were fastpassing it. We have even had to get fastpasses for it because the wait time was so long.

It is a much more popular ride than you think. It is great just like it is and I hope they don't go and screw it up. It is actually one of our favorite rides, especially at Epcot where there are really only a few attractions worth seeing.

Post Thanks / Like

They could just replace the film with some Frozen shorts (the film kind not clothing). They could tie it into the existing attraction.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I agree with the sentiments about the ride itself, but the film needs an overhaul. If not utilizing the Frozen connection, at least update it with current images and technology. Norway would be spectacular in HD.

Beth I agree. I feel the film is a little depressing. It doesn't make me want to visit Norway at all.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Beth I agree. I feel the film is a little depressing. It doesn't make me want to visit Norway at all.
    .....what IS this movie of which you speak?

.....and I guess that a certain country didn't get to see that movie either back in 1940 ...because they 'visited' Norway and stayed for 5 years.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drosenbe View Post
    coming out of Frozen tonight (in 3D..very good movie, but not yet Beauty and the Beast), I immediately thought of Maelstrom being overhauled into a Frozen attraction. A lot of elements are already there..Trolls, water. I could imagine Elsa, instead of the main troll, freezing the air above you, as you start to ride backwards. Olaf instead of the bear! Then a plunge into a restored city!

And then...a 3D short movie based on Frozen

What do you think?

I love love love maelstrom and sure hope they don't change it. It would be cool if they added a frozen ride in addition to maelstrom.

49 days!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Huh? There is never only a handful of people on Maelstrom... There is never anyone on Gran Fiesta Tour so adding the characters there has been a major failure... Maelstrom has anywhere from a 20 to 45 minute wait during any time of the day... Mexico? Walk on...
    What Epcot are you going to? I'll admit that Gran Fiesta never has a long line, but it never did anyway. On my one summer trip, that attraction had a 5 minute wait with the parks jam packed. And every subsequent off-season trip WITH the Caballeros overlay - the same. I'd say it's a slight pick up, but nothing major.

As for Maelstrom, I've never ever ever waited for over 10 minutes on that ride. It seems I once saw the line out the door, so we went to Gran Fiesta, came back to Maelstrom and it was 5 minutes. Plus, Epcot could use a Disney-themed ride that would actually attract more people to the park. Does Epcot really only need to cater to those who want to get plastered on their Disney trip?

They wouldn't have to overdo it. Just add Olaf and a "Let it Go" room. It wouldn't ruin the ride and it wouldn't ruin Epcot. From a father of two daughters, it gives Epcot more appeal for the kids.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

.....10 minute or less waits on Maelstrom are very rare. The average (that we've experienced) ....are in the 20-30 minute range.

....I just have a problem with 'needing' to make everything a cartoon in order to make it interesting. My 2 daughters have loved Epcot from the very first visit in 2004 ...and my youngest (now 17 yrs old) once said it was the "grown-up" park (referring to the World Showcase specifically). They loved the restaurant in Norway (name escapes me at the moment) long before it was a character meal destination.

....sometimes ...the allure of a venue (to a 'child') is that they are experiencing something that is both a bit of fun and educational at the same time ...without singling out either of those and focusing on it. It's sort of like a kid liking spinach ...if they like it ...don't tell them it's good for them too....and just let it be.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

What Epcot are you going to? I'll admit that Gran Fiesta never has a long line, but it never did anyway. On my one summer trip, that attraction had a 5 minute wait with the parks jam packed. And every subsequent off-season trip WITH the Caballeros overlay - the same. I'd say it's a slight pick up, but nothing major.

As for Maelstrom, I've never ever ever waited for over 10 minutes on that ride. It seems I once saw the line out the door, so we went to Gran Fiesta, came back to Maelstrom and it was 5 minutes. Plus, Epcot could use a Disney-themed ride that would actually attract more people to the park. Does Epcot really only need to cater to those who want to get plastered on their Disney trip?

They wouldn't have to overdo it. Just add Olaf and a "Let it Go" room. It wouldn't ruin the ride and it wouldn't ruin Epcot. From a father of two daughters, it gives Epcot more appeal for the kids.
    I'm going to the same Epcot 10 million of guests are going to... This past October, the day I visited Epcot (wasn't a crowded day at all), Maelstrom was at 40 minutes every time I passed by... In fact, as I was trying to decide which three rides to book FP+ for, Maelstrom won out because I never ever walked on Maelstrom, nor did I ever encounter Maelstrom with a 10 minute of less wait time... And this day, good thing I picked Maelstrom... When I arrived at Norway, Maelstrom was at 40 minutes... I walked through the FP line, rode the boat through a brief history of Norway (which is what the countries are supposed to be all about, not to promote Disney fantasy characters), and even sat for the movie, and as I exited the gift shop, Maelstrom was still 40 minutes with the stand by line out the door...

Tossing a ride based on an animated movie into a country the movie takes place in is NOT what World Showcase was or is supposed to be about... Having character meet and greets in WS is bad enough, though tolerable... An attraction based on an animated movie about princesses no less should never ever be put into World Showcase... That is what Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland is for...

Guess maybe they should remove Wonders of China and just play Mulan all day long...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Guess maybe they should remove Wonders of China and just play Mulan all day long...
    And if they did that, me and the family would go catch that show for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

And if they did that, me and the family would go catch that show for the first time.

No. Oh goodness, that is definitely not what WS is for me. I'd hate that. I have no issue with the characters greeting in the countries they represent, but I appreciate an authentic representation of the countries in the attractions.

I for one like the Norway film. It's weird, because it's a throw back to the early years of Epcot for me (even though I realize it was one of the latest pavilions to open). I love how during the film it goes from silent to very loud so quickly. Hope that makes sense. LOL But it is kind of unrealistic how everyone is 'Scandinavian blonde.'

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

What?? It does?? I have Netflix and never knew that! Love the films of the countries. I love the beauty of it.

I also LOVED Frozen. One of the best Disney movies I've personally seen in ages.
    I would go for a bit of Frozen Maelstorm. Maybe a picturesque Ice Castle in the Polar bear scene. Keep the old elements but add some new touches
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    What?? It does?? I have Netflix and never knew that! Love the films of the countries. I love the beauty of it.
    Netflix streams many of the animated Disney movies: Mulan, Lilo and Stitch, Pocahontas... Just do a search...

Post Thanks / Like

they already have froxen tie ins in the church. now meet and greets. id say update the Norway movie. and a movie country with tie ins to all the movies. call it the country of Disney.
    or a country of retired rides and characters
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7