Quantcast Just back from Wilderness Lodge

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just back from Wilderness Lodge

Just back from WL club level.....if anyone has any questions, I shall endeavor to accommodate.
    Merry Christmas to all!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How was it at WL this holiday season? I love that resort during the holidays. Did they go to just white thin bed spreads at the WL? They are doing this at a number of the resorts, as they are washing them with sheets when they strip the beds between guests. Actually, I thought they did this regardless! Apparently, not the case. I understand the menus changed at WL restaurants. Did you go to resort restaurants? Would love to hear about your experience at WL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoDisney View Post
    Did they go to just white thin bed spreads at the WL?
    When we stayed at WL back in Feb. they had already switched to the white duvets with a printed runner at the foot of the bed. I thought the rooms looked much brighter and fresher than the previous decor.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Was concierge worth the extra money? Have stayed at many deluxe resorts but never concierge!

49 days!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=JoDisney;2391531]How was it at WL this holiday season?

[QUOTE=Lindsey310;2391552]Was concierge worth the extra money? Have stayed at many deluxe resorts but never concierge!

IMO the WL is THE resort to kick start the Christmas season. The Christmas tree in the great room is magnificent as always. The entire resort is very festive and really gets you into the spirit of the season. On a couple of evenings we enjoyed a glass of wine beneath the Christmas tree and listened to a group of bell ringers, as well as a female chorus group.....great fun! We stayed in room #7054 which overlooks the Contemporary and the MK. The daytime view overlooks a parking lot for service vehicles and a pond, however, at night the view is transformed by the castle. On several evenings we watched the fireworks over the Kingdom. It was a spectacular view especially during the finale of the Christmas party when the entire horizon lit up! The club level staff was top notch and I would have to say that the offerings at the Old Faithful Club made our stay worth the cost (relatively speaking....it is Disney after all!). We did not take in either Artists Point or the Whispering Canyon so I cannot speak to menu changes (wish we would have had more time to take in both as we have always enjoyed them in the past).
    Also, thank you Denise. I had no idea what "white duvet" was (just when I thought that I was the author of all knowledge!).
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Brian ____________________________
    Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there a few wks ago. not club level though. crowded. Artist Pt was great as usual. the decorations are nice
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I was there a few wks ago. not club level though. crowded. Artist Pt was great as usual. the decorations are nice
    It is interesting to note that that during our stay (12/11-12/16), the concierge told me that the Lodge was operating at full capacity. It never seemed crowded to me, however (nor as loud as I usually remember in the great room).

Post Thanks / Like

Did you hear anything about the main pool closing for refurb sometime soon? Last trip, we were told the main pool and trout pass pool bar would both close for refurb in early 2014 but I have not heard anything online about it actually happening. Heading down in the near future and would love to know! Thanks....

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, haven't heard anything about that. Hopefully you'll be good to go. Hope you have a great time. Give concierge a ring, I'm sure they will be happy to advise.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Just back from WL club level.....if anyone has any questions, I shall endeavor to accommodate.
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Did you have any major issues with the bus transportation to the parks? I understand that sometimes the WL shares buses with Fort Wilderness or Grand Flo.

I have a reservation for the WL for 12/2014.

Post Thanks / Like

During our many stays at the WL, I have never experienced any major issues with the bus transportation. However, it may be a function of the time of year we visit, which has always been early to mid December when the crowds are not too intense. On our way to EPCOT one evening the bus did stop by Fort Wilderness to pick up a few passengers on the way. It probably added an additional 10 minutes to the journey.
    Brian
    A happy and fruitful new year to all!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know you could see the castle from any WL rooms? or that the Comtempory was so close.

[Removed reference to external site]
    Last edited by brownie; 01-04-2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Removed outside link
    Caribbean Beach '91
    Dixie Landings '96
    Coronado Springs '11
    Kidani Village '15

Post Thanks / Like

I have been able to see the contemporary, monorail track and fireworks some from a higher floor. but I prefer a view of the lagoon personally. if u end up on a lower floor on the left side of WL u might only see the smokehouse and trees.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

The last time we stayed at WL was our first time and we were magically upgraded to club level and we were able to see the castle, space mountain, the contemporary, the monorail and even the boats coming back and forth from MK. It was pretty neat to see the fireworks and the castle changing colors every night and to wake up every morning to see the castle was cool too. Hope to get the same room when we return this Fall with our 5yo Grand-Daughter.
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Jul 84: TravelLodge (Kissimee)
    Sep 02: All-Star Sports
    Mar 06: Coronado Springs
    Sep 11: Wilderness Lodge
    Apr 15: Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Sep 20: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwaggie View Post
    The last time we stayed at WL was our first time and we were magically upgraded to club level and we were able to see the castle, space mountain, the contemporary, the monorail and even the boats coming back and forth from MK. It was pretty neat to see the fireworks and the castle changing colors every night and to wake up every morning to see the castle was cool too. Hope to get the same room when we return this Fall with our 5yo Grand-Daughter.
    wow lucky. I liked club level the one time I stayed on it, but cant afford it most times. even wo club level I like it
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

Any info about what the club level offered? We have been to WL before (years ago) but never club level. Thinking about going next Jan (2015) for my 50th. WL is hubby's favorite (and maybe the only way I'll get him back to the world) so thought maybe do the club level since it is a short trip (5 days, 4 people)
    2001--First time for DS and me!
    2004--First time for DD!
    2007--First time at Poly!
    2013--Thanksgiving with Mickey & good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was our first trip, so I can't say if the rooms are better, I would think they are the same size, amenities as regular. They have a concierge that greets you as you come off the elevators, asking how your day was, what can they do for you, etc... Also, when you purchase throughout the parks, normally your packages go to the merchandise store of your resort and you have to go pick up. On club level, they deliver them to your room! The Old Faithful Club has snacks and drinks served daily from 7am-10pm, this was probably the highlight of the trip for us. Quick snack/coffee on the way out, light snack at lunch, light snack at dinner...in a word, awesome.
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Jul 84: TravelLodge (Kissimee)
    Sep 02: All-Star Sports
    Mar 06: Coronado Springs
    Sep 11: Wilderness Lodge
    Apr 15: Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Sep 20: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: