Quantcast FP+ and old tickets

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down FP+ and old tickets

More than a little perturbed here.
    My family and I have taken a number of trips over the years where it was worthwhile to upgrade our tickets to no exp. and we have some tickets that are 2 or 3 days with WP&M options. We plan on using them for our upcoming trip in May. problem is they are too old to link to MDE (2003, 2004, 2005). Called Disney today and they told me yup, no FP+ for you. CM I got was the most disinterested CM I've ever had before. We're staying on property and I find this beyond bad form.

Any ideas?
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just talked to them today about the same issue. First person I talked to said, "nope you have to do it at guest relations." The second person I talked to was more helpful, but got the same reply. So I guess our first day will be spent in line at guest relations. I'm with you
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

I have two non-expiring PH+ tickets and I have seriously considered shipping them to Disney and telling them to replace the tickets with MDE compatible media and then ship them back to me.

Don't know if they will, but I have thought about checking into it.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

It's awful. You paid extra for non- expiration, and now they aren't giving you the benefits.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the CM, I had one that I should've written down her name in tech support???far right rude! and I finally said! look! I'll just call back! and she said good and I really don't care.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I sent customer relations an email. I'll update when I hear back.
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

I also sent an email. I guess my problem is not letting me do fp's...I'm going to the parks and if they're making me do everything else in advance at least let me choose them!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed on the 7th and still no word from Disney customer relations. Have you heard anything d_m_n_n?

Post Thanks / Like

Our non expiring park hopper tickets were a pain to get hooked up to the new FP+. Could not do it before we arrived and they could not do it at POP. Told us to go to guest relations.

Our first night we went to Downtown Disney Guest Relations. It took them a good 45 minutes to get our tickets linked and all the FP times set up. I was trying not to get irritated about how long it was taking.

Much to my surprise, after doing that we had NO issues with the FP+ for our 8 night stay. Everything worked well and I was very impressed.

If you are staying on property there should be no problem getting FP+ with those tickets. They have to convert them to the new ticket system that uses the no- turnstile entrance and then get all the fast passes set up for you.

Good luck getting your tickets updated to the new system. That was the end of our tickets- I have to decide if it is worth another set. I am leaning towards just getting them each trip and not getting our 10 day hopper passes we use over multiple trips.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

The problems with incorporating this into the new MM+ way of doing things must be why they quietly removed non-expiring tickets from all of the public facing systems. Another example of bad customer service in order to implement this new program.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is one of the many things they didn't even give a thought to when coming up with this "hassle free vacation" system.

When we were there in October it was a nightmare just trying to get into the parks with our annual passes....I can't imagine trying to do anything that was more complicated than that.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    O

Good luck getting your tickets updated to the new system. That was the end of our tickets- I have to decide if it is worth another set. I am leaning towards just getting them each trip and not getting our 10 day hopper passes we use over multiple trips.
    Bob Iger and the Disney bean counters thank you and hope that others follow your lead ...
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleCiavo View Post
    I emailed on the 7th and still no word from Disney customer relations. Have you heard anything d_m_n_n?
    Nothing...

Post Thanks / Like

I got my old tickets converted to the new ticket type in November but didn't have to use the new FP plan then. I was able to still get them the old fashioned way. It didn't take very long to do that at Guest Relations. It'll be interesting to see what happens when I go back again.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got my reply...if you want to call it that. I had explained the situation and that I called the help desk twice about it. The email read "call the help desk and they can assist you in this matter." Hellooooooo? Obviously you didn't read closely when I said I already had!!! But supposedly, they're letting the higher ups know the responses of those contacting them...

Quite honestly, I think this is it for us for a long time. I used to LOVE making ADR's and planning our trips, but not this one. My kids are getting older and there are many other sites to be seen in our country Disney will probably be something we do when we have grandkids (hopefully 15 years or so)...

Post Thanks / Like

I still haven't heard a thing. I wrote again on 1/21, copying their response from 1/7 that I would hear back in 10 business days or less. I'm not expecting anything at this point. We'll use up these tickets and be done with it. And since we are staying Sunday-Thursday we'll hope that we can still get FP+ to TSMM, Soarin', and others. Watch out Disney if you snag me for a survey while I'm there.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: