Quantcast 5th Hotel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: 5th Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5th Hotel

Look for a 5th hotel to have ground breaking this year...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Look for a 5th hotel to have ground breaking this year...
    So long as Loews keeps seeing a profit, they'll want to build there. Expect it to be more along the moderate, Cabana Bay variety of hotel with less perks for guests than the original 3 hotels.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like it. I don't want them to be another Disney.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Clearly, that's exactly where they want to be.

Comcast CEO: Universal will compete aggressively with Disney

January 7, 2014|By Jason Garcia, Orlando Sentinel

The top executive at Comcast Corp. signaled Tuesday that the company expects to win theme-park market share away from industry leader Walt Disney Co. and other rival park owners.

"We're doubling down on theme parks," Comcast Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Brian Roberts told analysts during a conference in Las Vegas that was broadcast online. "We think that there is a lot of 'there' there in the theme-park business for many years to come and that we have a low market share — and only one way to go."
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...versal-orlando
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

While all this growth at the theme parks as well as the Time Warner cable talk is great for my stock and option awards, I worry that they'll try to do too much at too fast of a pace. If they don't see quick enough ROI for these theme park improvements, i fear things could go downhill quickly.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

From most of the info I am hearing regarding the 5th hotel, this will be on the scale of the other Lowes properties ($$$) and themed to the environment of a certain boy wizard. If this is true, fanboys will be lining up for this experience.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    While all this growth at the theme parks as well as the Time Warner cable talk is great for my stock and option awards, I worry that they'll try to do too much at too fast of a pace. If they don't see quick enough ROI for these theme park improvements, i fear things could go downhill quickly.
    I do love the explosion of growth at Universal... I do fear too much too soon... But, they seem to have it planned out very well.. Some things appear in flux, but I do have faith they will choose the proper road to go down which will increase ROI...

That is why one of the reason Lorax has been either cancelled or put on hold... Marketing did not feel they could use Lorax and market it properly, enticing people to come... Not with Diagon Alley... They felt Grinch is a much more marketable character, which is why whispers in the wind seem to say no Lorax, but prepare for Mt. Crumpit...

And ROI may be another reason the JP expansion seems to have been scaled back some... However, I do believe they are including Kong in that expansion... What went from a highly themed amber mine coaster, now seems to be just a wood coaster family ride, with light theme and rock work, and an AA dino or two.. Plus a flat ride, maybe another carousel...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    From most of the info I am hearing regarding the 5th hotel, this will be on the scale of the other Lowes properties ($$$) and themed to the environment of a certain boy wizard. If this is true, fanboys will be lining up for this experience.....
    Luxury boutique is what I have heard and read it be... I don't think they would go with a Potter theme if the hotel is luxury... Now, if Christine is right, and they go the moderate/value road, then I could see Potter being a theme...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Luxury boutique is what I have heard and read it be... I don't think they would go with a Potter theme if the hotel is luxury... Now, if Christine is right, and they go the moderate/value road, then I could see Potter being a theme...
    I think it depends on how well Cabana Bay is received (read: profit) as to what type of resort the 5th hotel will be.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I think it depends on how well Cabana Bay is received (read: profit) as to what type of resort the 5th hotel will be.
    I would think they already have the plans set, so they would know what kind of hotel they are putting on which ever plot... Of course, I'm sure they also have more than one plan, so if ground does not break until after the summer, they should have a grasp at that point how Cabana Bay is doing (with all these projections MBAs and analysts do)... And then decide which plan to go with based on those profit projections... And demand...

I'm actually interested more in the theme rather than if the resort will be value, moderate, or luxury... They had a plan for a Royal Egyptian hotel once before... Wonder if they dusted off those plans...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

Everything that appeals to us at Universal is opposite of Disney, mainly talking about size and ease. Too big would equal huge disappointment for my family.

I have no desire to stay at a "moderate" type resort at Universal. We are far too spoiled with the perks of the deluxe resorts. However, if they did a Potter themed resort I am sure it could be at value level and my kiddos would insist on staying there. Actually I can see that being something that will definitely draw guests to stay on site rather than just visit as a day guest. Look at what the potter stuff in the parks has done for universal.

Disneyfreak, do you have any ideas when more info might come available? Such as themed, ground breaking? We don't plan to visit the Orlando area till at least 2015, probably summer. Wondering if I should expect a new resort by then?
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Disneyfreak, do you have any ideas when more info might come available? Such as themed, ground breaking? We don't plan to visit the Orlando area till at least 2015, probably summer. Wondering if I should expect a new resort by then?
    Nope, nothing as far as theme... There was a Royal Egyptian hotel planned at one point (concept art is floating around on the internet)... So, maybe they dusted off those plans... No idea.. I'm not sure how I feel about a Potter themed resort (and who knows if JK would even sign off on such a thing, she isn't always about the money but more about making sure her IP is done right, and if she thinks a Potter hotel is dumb, there won't be a Potter hotel ever)...

Ground breaking supposed to be this year, so they have 12 months LOL... Honestly, no idea when official ground breaking is scheduled for... I am only speculating, but I think we'll see ground breaking by the end of the summer... No idea about an announcement either...

***EDIT IN: Just double checked the Cabana Bay timeline... They started booking reservations February 2013.. Resort begins a phased open this year, March I believe... I also believe Cabana Bay construction started late 2012, if I am correct... So, by this time line, if the 5th resort has ground breaking this year, I wouldn't expect an operational resort until 2016, not 2015...

Post Thanks / Like

Look for the 5th hotel to be next to Cabana Bay in the plot of empty and between Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific...

See, I thought this area would be perfect for their onsite water park... But they apparently have other ideas where their water park should go... Maybe they knock down Wet n Wild and build it there???? But the current rumor is, WnW is going to be leveled and replaced by 2 more hotels and a 2nd CityWalk type of entertainment complex, and linked to the main resort area by wither a peoplemover system or monorail system...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Me, too. But I do wish they would take a page from Disney and add some kind of service from the airport to the resorts.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: