Quantcast Preferred...matter of opinion

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Preferred...matter of opinion

Checked in yesterday...I requested Ranchos and upper floor. But was assigned Casitas on the 3rd ( there was a 4th floor- did not know til we arrived to the room).I was told at registration I was getting an upgrade to a preferred room at no choice. Gee that is awfully nice! However we didn't get to our room til 9 and I see it has an adjoining door and a floor above us. I call the front desk and the woman was a little polite but not so much. She kept asking why I would want to downgrade...well I could hear the rooms next door conversation like nothing, they kept messing with the door, and it sounded like a football team was practicing above me. I politely told them all this and expressed I was grateful for the upgrade I'd prefer to have my original request. Room management called back within 5 minutes and gladly changed my room...

Soooo folks preferred is always a matter of opinion and what is preferred by Disney might not be preferred by all. Next time I will ask more questions at check in to double check on all the specs of a room area. Sure Casitas is close to El Centro but I prefer the quiet of the Ranchos and don't mind the walk to El Centro.
    Summer '90 Disneyland as a kid with my parents and grandmother

August '08 POR with DH and DS

January '14 CSR with just DH

November '14 CBR with DH, DS, DN (dear niece)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think preferred to Disney is it is close to the main building so you don't have far to walk. It is okay after a long day in the parks and you are dead tired, but if a football team is practicing above you and you can hear conversations and what not in the next room, that really is not preferred.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickclub1955 View Post
    I think preferred to Disney is it is close to the main building so you don't have far to walk. It is okay after a long day in the parks and you are dead tired, but if a football team is practicing above you and you can hear conversations and what not in the next room, that really is not preferred.
    Exactly but Disney should've went with my requests rather than trying to give me an upgrade. I guess I'm high maintanenced or maybe not...lol
    Summer '90 Disneyland as a kid with my parents and grandmother

August '08 POR with DH and DS

January '14 CSR with just DH

November '14 CBR with DH, DS, DN (dear niece)

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago, my wife and I received a surprise Crescent Lake-view upgrade at the Boardwalk and it was the most spectacular room we've had since staying on property.

However, when we stay at Port Orleans Riverside, I prefer to stay "DEEP" in the Bayou. I love the twisting, winding walk to the Riverside Mill, especially in the early morning hours. I don't think I'd be happy if we were "upgraded" to the Mansions or something.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

The first time we stayed at a value (ASMU) we were "upgraded", to a room right in front of the pool. It was all kinds of awful. I would rather walk and have some peace and quiet.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    The first time we stayed at a value (ASMU) we were "upgraded", to a room right in front of the pool. It was all kinds of awful. I would rather walk and have some peace and quiet.
    I agree about poolside rooms being less than wonderful unless you like non-stop noise. We prefer the backside of the values, facing away from the pools. It's not a big deal to walk a little more to get wet.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: