Quantcast Seven Dwarves Mine Train Soft Opening??? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    As for how long it's taking.... not knowing a thing about what it takes or what their problems may be, and not having any genuinely, well educated knowledge of anything else to compare it to... I'll avoid offering my uneducated opinion here.
    Let's put it this way, here they just built a new bridge across the Mississippi River in less than two years. I would think a bridge is a bigger job than a roller coaster.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible that this has nothing to do with "how long it takes" as opposed to "when will opening it be best for increasing attendance?"
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    That information is incorrect. They are not to the human testing phase yet. Some of the Imagineers have ridden through parts to test it out, but not random CMs.
    Dang it..... I was afraid that was the case.
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Let's put it this way, here they just built a new bridge across the Mississippi River in less than two years. I would think a bridge is a bigger job than a roller coaster.
    I get what you're saying, but how do we know that's a fair comparison? I mean, genuinely, I don't know. Maybe they've built that kind of bridge in other places 20 times before? Maybe Disney is doing something different with the mine ride? I don't know. I want it open soon too. I just don't have any genuine knowledge to back up a statement that it should be done by now. Hope that makes sense!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm very surprised to see/hear people bad-mouthing Little Mermaid. Sometimes I really feel like Disney, for as much as they admittedly get wrong, can't win.

Some of the exact same people I've seen lamenting the fact that Disney seemed to have abandoned the classic dark ride then turn around and complain when they build what I think is one of the best they've ever done?

My family and I really, really enjoy Little Mermaid and goodness knows it's my twins' favorite. I think it's incredibly well done, fun, and 100% in line with what I expect from a classic Disney dark ride.

I'm not one to defend Disney, but sheesh ... give credit where credit is due.
    I agree with you 100%. IMHO The Little Mermaid is something that Disney did right. Part of what I love about Disney is the classic dark rides. I love that we can ride it as a complete family. My DD loves the ride and my DSs agree (even though they pretend not too).
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Still no news on when the Mine Train will open, but the construction walls on Belle's side of the ride are down today. You can find pictures on Twitter.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Saw picks today of imagineers riding the trains! Hope that means they are close to the soft openings for any folks that will be visiting soon.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the park down the street is all that great. They have more 3d,4d rides than anything. It was nice to experience it once but have no desire to return. I think the Dwarf ride will be a lot of fun to ride and to me really doesn't matter how long they take- they want to get it done right and safely and I trust them to do it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I get what you're saying, but how do we know that's a fair comparison? I mean, genuinely, I don't know. Maybe they've built that kind of bridge in other places 20 times before? Maybe Disney is doing something different with the mine ride? I don't know. I want it open soon too. I just don't have any genuine knowledge to back up a statement that it should be done by now. Hope that makes sense!
    It all comes down to the amount of resources they want to allocate to the project. The U.S. Government & NASA put a man on the moon in just 9 years. Highways and bridges can be built relatively quickly if enough money and manpower are applied to the project. Disney could have built the SDMT attraction in just 3 months if they wanted to devote the resources ($$$) to get it done that fast. They simply have chosen not to, most likely for budget reasons. They take their time and can spread the cost over months and years.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

When I was last in DW in November of 2012, we were blessed and got to be a part of the new Fantasyland "soft opening" and did all of the new attractions. I thought the whole addition was a good one to the park, and the signage up at that time said the Mine Coaster would be coming late Fall 2013. OK....I bet it will be exactly a year behind schedule. A YEAR!!! That is crazy to me. CRAZY.
    I do hope it's a fun attraction, worth the wait and better than The Great Goofini!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there for the press event Wed-Friday - ride on's are to take place Thursday... I'll be shooting video if they allow and posting plenty of pictures to Twitter and FB.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I will be there for the press event Wed-Friday - ride on's are to take place Thursday... I'll be shooting video if they allow and posting plenty of pictures to Twitter and FB.
    Can't wait to hear about it. Does this mean next week it will be open to the public?
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyDisneyworld View Post
    Can't wait to hear about it. Does this mean next week it will be open to the public?
    Nope...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    So jealous! I can't wait to hear about it
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

John and I talked to one of the press liaisons last night and the official story seems to be an opening in late May or early June.

No word on soft openings at all. We've been here all week and it hasn't been open once. They haven't even done Cast previews yet and they are, in fact, still doing the test runs with the weighted dummies.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is this is the Fantasyland Crown Jewel. It is going to be a "D" ticket ride in an area that always had the basic "C" ticket rides.

They are going to test, do a tollgate or phase meeting, test again, do another meeting until all the bugs are out of it.

There is no way they are going to miss something or have an issue with this after opening.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw a video today of the ride; a POV ride through the whole thing. If you don't want spoilers don't read this...................

I was kind of "meh" about it. I thought there would be more indoor dark ride stuff, similar to Splash Mountain. But it looks like just a quick jaunt through the mine with the jewels in the walls and the dwarfs... And the rest is Rollercoaster (save for one drive by of the dwarf cottage with Snow White inside). And, I saw two different ride-thrus and each time through the mine it looked as though the audio wasn't working properly! At one point there was no background music in the mine, so it seemed really quiet with just the dwarfs talking.... And the next ride thru Doc was moving but he had no voice! Strange they would let that happen during a press event! (If you want to watch the video look on YouTube for the Attractions Magazine video. I haven't seen John's Intercot video yet).

I wonder if the delay in opening to the public has to do with problems like that?

Overall it looks cute and the animatronics are neat, but for years and years of construction I was expecting a little more dark-ride and a little less Barnstormer Rollercoaster.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree, Carolyn. Meh.

Post Thanks / Like

Melanie or Buttercup, can one of you PM me the link? Or is it Google searchable?
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Go to YouTube. Search for the mine train. Look for the video by Attractions Magazine.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: