Quantcast Star Wars Weekends 2014, Hamill to Make First Ever Appearance

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Wars Weekends 2014, Hamill to Make First Ever Appearance

From Disney Parks BLog:

The Rebel Alliance Adds Another Weekend to Star Wars Weekends 2014 in Response to a Decree Issued by the Evil Sith, Emperor Palpatine

As the Rebel Alliance continues its fight for freedom and democracy in the Star Wars galaxy, the phantom puppetmaster himself, Darth Sidious (aka Emperor Palpatine), has issued a new galactic decree about Star Wars Weekends 2014 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

While some of his blue-hued holographic transmission was garbled, the Emperor has ordered his Galactic Empire to create a demonstration of force and power that can be seen high above Disney’s Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekends 2014. This has caused much talk in the galaxy that a gala fireworks show featuring Star Wars music will be presented each evening this year.

When consulted, several protocol droids further translated the Emperor’s message. These translations reinforced the conclusions that there will be a new evening experience for Star Wars Weekends guests on Hollywood Blvd. in the Walt Disney World Resort theme park.

However, that’s not the end of this story.

When the Rebel Alliance secretly learned of the Emperor’s plans from a hidden message decoded from an astromech droid, they decided to extend the galactic gala one more weekend in 2014.

In order to convince more guests to join the Rebellion, a 5th weekend is now being added to Star Wars Weekends 2014.

The new event dates are every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 16-June 15, 2014. The theme for this year’s event is, appropriately, “Join the Rebellion.”

Weekend I: May 16 – 18, 2014
    Weekend II: May 23 – 25, 2014
    Weekend III: May 30 – June 1, 2014
    Weekend IV: June 6 – 8, 2014
    Weekend V: June 13 – 15, 2014

In addition to offering a first-look at this year’s event logo, we’re pleased to announce James Arnold Taylor will return to Star Wars Weekends 2014 as the event’s official celebrity host. Taylor, a Star Wars Weekends fan favorite, is the voice of hundreds of animated characters, including Obi-Wan Kenobi on “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.”
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So, to decipher the Star Wars speak, another weekend was added (now there are 5) and there will be nightly fireworks during the event.

Post Thanks / Like

They added a week to the Food and Wine festival as well. I'll post that here in News (I just noticed we don't have it).
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Disney put on their blog about a "nighttime entertainment" today for Star Wars Weekend but no mention of the Hyperspace Hoopla. I called my friend who has played Oopla each year and she confirmed that Hyperspace Hoopla will not be continuing this year. They were told yesterday.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

From Disney Parks Blog:

Mark Hamill, aka Luke Skywalker,
    to Make Historic First Appearance
    at Star Wars Weekends

His most famous film character has destroyed the Death Star, received the Medal of Bravery following The Battle of Yavin and resisted a turn to the dark side, so what is he going to do next?
    He’s going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

No wait, wrong answer. He’s going to Disney World!

For the first time in event history, Mark Hamill, the actor who brought Luke Skywalker to the silver screen in the Star Wars saga, will appear at Star Wars Weekends. Hamill will be one of the celebrity guests for Weekend IV, June 6-8, 2014. Fans can see him in the daily “Legends of the Force” Star Wars-themed motorcade and in a featured talk show.

Hamill’s appearances will most likely be a very popular gathering place for members of the Empire and the Rebellion, so be sure to arrive early.

More details about the event have been placed into the memory systems of an R2-unit and we’ll soon reveal them, but we wanted to share this Force-filled news with you today.

Stay updated with the latest event news here, StarWars.com and the event’s official website, DisneyTheForce.com. You also can join the conversation online with the official event hashtag, #DisneyTheForce.
    Add a Comment
    Share:

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this on the DP Blog. BIG NEWS!

Post Thanks / Like

Way cool. Wonder if I can convince my family to change the dates of our Yellowstone trip so we can go to Star Wars Weekend and wait all day in line to meet Mark Hamill. Seriously, I would!!! I love the Star Wars!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

OMG.... we've talked for years of going... now trying to figure out a way to drive down for a long wknd....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm not forced to cancel my trip due to my job loss situation I will be there that weekend!
    Stormi

2003 All star Sports
    2006 Pop Century

June 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2011 Pop Century
    Aug 2012 All Star Music
    June 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there that weekend and my son has already informed me that he doesn't care how long we need to wait, he's seeing Mark Hamill! This from a boy that won't wait over 20 minutes for anything!
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

Over the many years that we have attended Star Wars Weekends, I never thought I would see this day! Once, Carrie Fisher was slated to attend but ended up canceling. Looking forward to seeing what other traditional Star Wars "Stars" will now be appearing with the acquisition of the Star Wars properties during the event.

I sure will be curious to see how they will be handling the autograph lines in advance for this one. For those of you who are looking to get the real Luke's autograph, you will want to keep your ears open. Disney has gone away from traditional lines with the actors and I am certain you will need to do something other than show up at the park and stand in line for an autograph. Not sure if it is going to be wristband and FP prior to park opening or something else though . . .

I think it is a bummer that they're discontinuing Hyperspace Hoopla - it was always a good time at the end of the day!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

My good friend Jennifer (who played Oopla in the Hyperspace Hoopla) was rather sad they discontinued it, too. She, and others at DHS, are telling me the Mark Hamil lines will be like with previous celebrities. There will be a special line just for celebrity autograph fastpasses and once those are gone, they're gone. No more meeting. So, no lining up and waiting. You will have to have a FP to get to meet him.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Are they on a first come first served basis? We've done Star Wars Weekends before, but never did the celebrity thing. I imagine we'll need to get to the park before opening and then head there first thing. Any idea if there will be fastpass+ advance opportunities for something like this?
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if he will be doing autographs. His autograph is pretty much his job now. If you go to a convention that he is at it will cost you around $125 per signature. So I don't think he will be signing. But if he does it will be extremely limited. So don't get your hopes up. But it would be great if he did. Make sure your are there in line before midnight if he is signing.
    Jason
    Returning guest since 1982
    1980s Poly x 5
    1990s Caribean Beach, Port NO, Coranado, AS Sports, Y & B Club x 10
    2000s POP AS SPORT, Music, Movies, CARIBEAN BEACH x 11
    Last Trip Nov 09
    NEXT TRIP Sept 11
    501st member since May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I'm seeing some reports that character dining has been added to Star Wars Weekends - a breakfast at Sci-Fi with the traditional SW characters and dinner at Hollywood & Vine with Disney characters dressed in SW costumes.

Apparently these can be booked starting today (March 26th) by calling 407-939-5277.

Post Thanks / Like

Any word on the other actors that will be attending Star Wars weekends?
    Stormi

2003 All star Sports
    2006 Pop Century

June 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2011 Pop Century
    Aug 2012 All Star Music
    June 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

The lineup has been announced! From Disney Parks Blog:

Today, we’re pleased to announce the full talent lineup for this year’s event. Celebrities scheduled to attend include Star Wars actors and actresses from the past (from the Star Wars film saga), present (from the popular animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and even the future (from the eagerly anticipated Disney XD animated series Star Wars Rebels).

As we previously announced, acclaimed voice actor James Arnold Taylor is the official celebrity host of this year’s event. We’re pleased to announce today that Ashley Eckstein, voice of Ahsoka Tano in The Clone Wars, a former Walt Disney World Resort parade performer and now a successful fangirl fashion designer, will be the host of a special “Behind The Force” show each weekend. This year, “Behind The Force” will showcase some of the main cast members from Star Wars Rebels.

Also of note: Weekend V will feature the most Star Wars celebrities to appear at one time in the event’s history.

Here’s the lineup (*subject to change):

Weekend I: May 16-18
    Ahmed Best: Jar Jar Binks (Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith; Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
    Peter Mayhew: Chewbacca (Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith; Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope; Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi; Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
    Vanessa Marshall: Hera Syndulla (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend II: May 23-25
    Warwick Davis: Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi); Wald (Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
    Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett (Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi); Capt. Jeremoch Colton (Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith)
    Tiya Sircar: Sabine Wren (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend III: May 30-June 1
    Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
    John Ratzenberger: Major Bren Derlin (Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back)
    Taylor Gray: Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend IV: June 6-8
    Mark Hamill: Luke Skywalker (Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope; Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi); Darth Bane (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
    Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
    Billy Dee Williams: Lando Calrissian (Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi)
    Taylor Gray: Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend V: June 13-15
    Dee Bradley Baker: Captain Rex/the Clones, Bossk and several additional characters (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
    Cat Taber: Padmé Amidala and several additional characters (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
    Tom Kane: Yoda, the series’ narrator and several additional characters (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
    Matt Lanter: Anakin Skywalker and several additional characters (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
    Steve Blum: Zeb Orrelios (Star Wars Rebels)

Post Thanks / Like

I also saw elsewhere that Mark Hamill will not be signing any autographs. He will only be participating in the Motorcade and a talk show, so no one on one with Luke Skywalker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    My good friend Jennifer (who played Oopla in the Hyperspace Hoopla) was rather sad they discontinued it, too. She, and others at DHS, are telling me the Mark Hamil lines will be like with previous celebrities. There will be a special line just for celebrity autograph fastpasses and once those are gone, they're gone. No more meeting. So, no lining up and waiting. You will have to have a FP to get to meet him.
    This is OT, but I work with her at MK. She is awesome!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    This is OT, but I work with her at MK. She is awesome!
    Indeed she is. The whole family is.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: