Quantcast What "Shops" do you frequent when you are at WDW? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    We love the Art of Disny at Epcot/DTD/DHS.

We also never miss Disney Days of Christmas at DTD.
    Same for us. The Animation studio (DHS) and the Gallery (DTD) are bad places for our credit cards as is The Christmas store. Mousegears (Epcot) is always a favourite too.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am always after Dooney and Bourke or Harveys purses and wallets, so I love Uptown Jewellers at the MK and Summer Sands in the GF (I think that's what it's called). We tend to look at all the shops and make a list. Then a day or two before we leave we go to World of Disney in Downtown Disney and buy it all. We book our trip with CAA (the Canadian version of AAA) so we get the AAA Diamond card for 10% off any purchase over $75. It helps!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

As i'm reading these posts, i'm like, "Yep. Yep. Yeah, we do that one too. Yep. Yep. Oh yeah, love that one. Yep."

I'm going to try to break them down by park, and post only our favorites. And, sad to say that even after coming to WDW at least once a year for the last 12 years or so, I still don't know the names of some of the shops.

MK - The jewelry store on the right side of main street as you head in to the park. It also carries Jim Shore figurines, but it's not the Art of Disney store. Also, the Emporium. But only on the way out.

Epcot - Art of Disney, MouseGear, Japan (Mitsukoshi) and Mexico pavilion shops.

DHS - Sunset Club Couture, Tatooine Traders.

AK - Disney Outfitters

DTD - World of Disney (obviously!), Team Mickey, LEGO store, Once Upon a Christmas

And, of course, every single resort we've ever stayed at, and many we haven't...such as the Polynesian. But we love the POR shop, and the Contemporary's was pretty sweet as well.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

We love shopping at Disney, Oh my where to start:

DTD:

We always begin our trip in DTD and shop at World of Disney and the Christmas store which is huge. I find that the World of Disney has the best selection and prices for those generic souveniers like key chains, mugs etc....and the Christmas store we always pick up our ornaments there.

DHS:

Really love the big open shop near the Backlot tour, it sometimes has the larger size t-shirts-also the store near the muppets show has some stuff you won't find anywhere else.

AK-there are some shops that have walking sticks and other African themed merchandise you won't get in other parks.

MK-Love the Emporium

Epcot-Probably my favorite place to shop is World Showcase-you find neat country specific items-one of my favorites is the tea shop in the UK and can't forget to pick up wine in the different countries, France, Italy, Germany etc...

As others have said Mousegears in FW Epcot has a huge selection of DW apparel, that's where I found my favorite t-shirt last trip.

And don't forget the resorts, the Deluxe's tend to have resort unique items...we scored a really cute apron for my aunt last trip at the Wilderness Lodge...

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We are not big shoppers. We usually only buy a frame and a magnet for the fridge. DH loves to take pictures and those are our favorite souvenirs I make a photo book when we get home. This year I bought the photo pass since I think the ride photos might be fun to have.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

My mom and I frequent MouseGear, World of Disney, TrenD, and the Muppet shop.

Post Thanks / Like

We love to check out all the pin shops in each park and DD. And I think Big Top Souvenirs in MK is fun.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

We often end up in the same scenario as the OP. We pass by the shops earlier in the day so that we can hit the rides and do other things, and say we'll browse on the way out. But we inevitably stay until we're all too tired to shop and pass right by them on our way to the bus. We sometimes do DTD, but not always. Probably the shop that gets most of our attention is the one at our resort. Having stayed at AoA the last couple of times, I have to say that I'm really impressed with the size and variety of the gift shop there!

Post Thanks / Like

I love going into the resort shops to see what items they have.

I love World Showcase but many times, items there that I like are well outside what I want to spend.

My wife and I love Basin and the kitchen store at DTD.

My problem with "Shops" is that most shops have the same exact thing as another shop. Which is fine because not everybody goes to every park, every day.

But it does mean that Mousegears has the same as the Emporium, as The World of Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    We often end up in the same scenario as the OP. We pass by the shops earlier in the day so that we can hit the rides and do other things, and say we'll browse on the way out. But we inevitably stay until we're all too tired to shop and pass right by them on our way to the bus. We sometimes do DTD, but not always. Probably the shop that gets most of our attention is the one at our resort. Having stayed at AoA the last couple of times, I have to say that I'm really impressed with the size and variety of the gift shop there!
    Yes and DTD gets so crowded.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

If you need plus sizes, I have had the best luck at Keystone Klothiers (in HW studios), Mouse Gears and World of Disney (in that order).

Post Thanks / Like

Mousegears at Epcot and World of Disney at Downtown for Disney-related stuff.

The department store in Japan is one of my favorites for unique and fun items. Last time I bought cute little dishes and chopsticks for sushi nights. I also love all the stationary and notebooks there.

I, too, have found most of the shops carry the same stuff. One might have a theme, like Winnie the Pooh after the ride, but everything they have there they have at World of Disney.

That said, I tend to go through my resort's gift shop many times throughout my stay just cause I like to browse around.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP