Quantcast Flowers and Gardens - Part 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flowers and Gardens - Part 4

May 6, 2014 Tuesday

Plan for the day:
    Disney Studios
    Tune in Lounge for Lunch
    Fastpass + for Toy Story Mania; Great Movie Ride; and Tower of Terror
    ??Brown Derby for dinner??

How the day actually went
    I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked. Oh well.

We are at the bus stop by 9 a.m. where we wait about 15 minutes for a bus to Hollywood Studios. After a stop at the Grand Floridian, the bus is full. We arrive at the park by 10 in the morning.

We head over to Star Tours. The standby time is listed as 10 minutes - we waited about 15. Next up - Muppets where the standby time is listed at 5 minutes which was about right. The pre-show has changed a bit to incorporate components of the new Muppets movie. By time we exit, it is almost 11 and we are ready for lunch. We head to Tune In Lounge and eat at the bar. I have the fried chicken while Gene selects the meat loaf.

After lunch, we wander around some of the shops until it is time for our Toy Story Mania fastpass. We still have a while before it's time for our Great Movie Ride fastpass but we wander by to check out the ride times. It is a walk-on - fastpass is not needed so we ride. Tower of Terror is our last fastpass of the day - that still has a 90 minute minute standby listed and it's still a while until our fastpass+ time. Surprisingly, Rock n Roller Coaster lists a 20 minute standby but the wait isn't even that long. After that ride, we wander through some of the shops but we still haven't killed enough time to ride Tower of Terror so we go and check out the relatively new Brown Derby lounge. I order a margarita flight - glasses and drinks are much larger than I was expecting and, although I taste all of them, I only finish one. Gene has the martini flight.

While we are there, a couple enters and sits down. They decide it is far too warm so go around the corner to try to be seated indoors. They are back five minutes later saying the restaurant portion is totally booked for the day. They are not happy. They say they were told inside they would have needed to book at least a day in advance. They say they also had problems locating a place to eat the day before and complain that the front desk at their resort never told them of the necessity to make dining reservations in advance. It is clear they have not done their homework!!

When we leave the Brown Derby, we head over to Tower of Terror to use our fastpass+ reservations. Now the standby time is listed at 13 minutes!! Doesn't that just figure?! As we go through the fastpass+ line, however, it is clear that 13 minutes is not at all accurate for the standby line - it is probably actually 20-25 minutes. With the drops over, we head to the bus stop.

Back home, we change and head out to the Villas pool. That water is really warm!! When we finish splashing around, we head back to our room for showers and a change of clothing. We spend a little while on our balcony.

Heading back out, we take a boat to the Contemporary and, from there head to Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower. You are no longer required to show your DVC member card to gain access. They now take the information right from your magic bands.

There's a new menu at Top of the World since I last visited. They now have beef sliders which we both order and they are quite yummy. A bit later, we order the chips which is served sort of like nachos - covered in blue cheese, bacon, chives, diced tomatoes and ranch dressing. Quite good if you are a blue cheese fan.

We stay to watch Wishes from the viewing area. When they end, we make our way to the boat dock at the Contemporary. As we go down a couple of steps leading to the docking area, there was someone next to me jumping from step to step. I thought is was a child which it was - sort of - it was actually Peter Pan who was on his way to the docking area to greet the incoming pirates' fireworks cruises. In fact, we had to wait while the two boats emptied before our boat could approach the dock. Once on board the boat, we were quickly delivered back to Wilderness Lodge and were soon off to bed!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is so cool that you saw Peter Pan! Did the people getting off the pirate fireworks voyage look like they had had fun? I've often wondered how it would be!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedmansiongirl View Post
    That is so cool that you saw Peter Pan! Did the people getting off the pirate fireworks voyage look like they had had fun? I've often wondered how it would be!
    All the folks coming off had big smiles and I heard an "awesome" or two from the kids!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great report- thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Great day! Thanks for sharing Linda!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

That must have been fun, running into Peter Pan! What a nice surprise!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Top of the World Lounge views! And, your margarita and maritini flights sound wonderful.
    Enjoying your reports!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

A great day! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Pan cool

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing better than "running into" a character while at WDW. Two weeks ago we were eating at Sci-Fi Dine In right at park closing and when we exited the building we ran straight into the entire Star Wars procession leaving the fireworks show. Pretty cool to see them all by ourselves, and our DD9 was in heaven as the resident Star Wars expert!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.

It sounds like a perfectly planned, perfectly executed day at Disney.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness