Quantcast Best water park for our group?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best water park for our group?

Hello,

We have a group that includes 4 adults, 4 kids (20mo., 5, 11,11) and 2 grandparents who also like water parks.

Thinking that TL makes the most sense, but not sure.

Thoughts?

JS
    3/89 WDW
    3/02 Day trip MK
    10/02 Honeymoon WL
    3/03 Day trip DLR
    10/03 1st Ann. ASMovies
    11/04-12/04 SSR
    9/05 Grand Calif
    7/06 WDW
    1/08 A Friend's Bachelor Party DLR
    8/09 DLR w/ newborn
    10/10 Princess' 1st trip to WDW
    6/14 Littlest Princess' 1st visit to WDW
    3/16 DLR
    9/19 WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's totally a personal preference, but our family has always enjoyed TL more. We like the theme better and there seems to be a lot more shade available.

Post Thanks / Like

Blizzard Beach is easier to navigate and has a better kiddie area, IMO. The theme is more fun as well. The wave pool is gentle so everyone can enjoy it. I like TL as well, but my kids preferred BB.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Such a wide range of ages, I would go with TL.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember TL having more tube rides that hold a two person floatation device. I thought that was good for groups, because you can send two people down a slide at once. It saves time.

TL has the wave pool, which is sometimes intense, but it also has hours where its just normal water. That might be good for a large group and the grandparents.

Post Thanks / Like

The TL wave pool is outright dangerous for young kids and grandparents (IMHO). Expect to get knocked over by waves and drug along the sandpaper like bottom. Also expect other people to be thrown into you. The rest of the park was great. We are trying BB this year.
    Keneva

---------------------------------
    WDW
    Aug 2022 CR Wing
    Aug 2014 BC & GF Club
    Aug 2012 Swan & Grand Floridian Club
    Aug 2010 Poly LVC
    Aug 2008 Poly LVC
    Aug 2006 CR Club
    Jan 2001 Poly LVC (Honeymoon)
    Oct 1995 Off-site

DL
    1967-69 Several Visits (Green Lantern Motel?)

Post Thanks / Like

I would say BB for a couple of reasons. My first reason is the ski lift ride up to the family raft ride. It is fun and great for those that have trouble doing a lot of stairs. We always ire that one over and over!

Second, like mentioned previously, the wave pool so a normal wave pool & not a tidal wave. We've heard that pool called the "bikini buster" by staff- instead of being normal waves, it is a huge tidal wave every few minutes. If you are in more than a foot of water, you literally get sucked under and pulled 5 feet away from where you started. We've seen bathing suits ripped off and many people get bruised from getting bashed by another person. You're giggling the whole time, but it is still pretty intense.

Lastly, we enjoy the river tube ride better at BB. There are some funny signs and a funny hut with a guys voice sneezing etc while it shoots water out at you.

TL does have the snorkelling area though, so if that is important to anyone, go there. However, if it isn't, I would go to BB.

Have fun! You'll love the water parks!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for BB! This has always been my favorite. There is a great variety of rides, and it always seems more of them are tube rides - which is great for those of us who hate slide rash haha!

Also, the wave pool is a LOT more gentle and IMO enjoyable. The lazy river is also FAR more imaginative and entertaining at BB. Along the lines of imagination - the toboggan racers are additively fun (a slide that you go down on a foam toboggan - it looks more scary than it is, but it's really all ages unless you have back problems that prohibit you being on your stomach). The kids area is also very well thought out and seems bigger. BB always seems cleaner to me than TL (although all Disney parks are pretty darn clean).

Finally, the family tube ride (accessible by the ski lift) is the best family tube ride I've ever been on and is far superior to TL's version IMO.

We've never had a hard time getting seating in the shade at BB, and we normally arrive mid-afternoon. For the adults, the frozen beverage huts are a convenient distance from the seating

Now I wish I could spend this afternoon at BB!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

BB is best for little ones and there is a pre-teen area. We sat between both of the areas. We had three adult gals (38-33), four kiddies 7-7-5-4 and two oldies 63-62. Although we rented a Cabana at TL (which by the way was well worth the $$$), the waves were too much for the 4 yr old. So she sat in the sand and played happily most of the day. They all loved BB, but TL offered them the roller coaster slides for the oldest ones and the huge waves. Now, to be fair, there has to be one adult with each kid in that pool...even if they are good swimmers. They loved both water parks!
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: