Quantcast September Crowds?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default September Crowds?

I recently booked a trip for my girlfriend (18) and I (20) to go alone for the first time. We booked from September 17th through the 23rd. Can anyone tell me how the crowds normally are during this time?
    Been to Disney over 20 times...
    Last Trip: September 2014! All Star Sports
    Next Trip: September 2015???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In the past crowds have been fairly light. Florida is still very hot & humid. This is our fav time to go as we're Floridians so don't mind the weather. This year the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival starts Sept 19th . Which will impact that Park. Enjoy our vacation!
    KODABEAR
    FIRST TRIP MARCH '79 POLY
    175 plus trips

Post Thanks / Like

I certainly am not worried about the weather, as I am from SC, so it's just as hot. Just was not sure about the crowd. We booked those dates just so we would be there for the beginning of food and wine, so I expect Epcot to be packed. Thanks for the response! Hopefully there are light crowds!

Post Thanks / Like

We often go at that time of year and the crowds are usually light and very manageable.

With F&W moving up I would expect Epcot to be very busy on the weekend but it shouldn't affect the other parks that much.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I like to hear (: Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably one of the slowest times of the year Epcot will see an uptick in crowds, especially in the evenings & weekends but it is also really only noticeable in world showcase. We always go in Sept for this reason...hot still, low crowds, & MNSSHP starts Have a good time
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by masonlovesdisney View Post
    I recently booked a trip for my girlfriend (18) and I (20) to go alone for the first time. We booked from September 17th through the 23rd. Can anyone tell me how the crowds normally are during this time?
    Hey Mason, we're from NC and we also are traveling in September and will be there during your dates. We typically go in September and this year we will be Celebrating Our 30th Anniversary. We've have no problem with crowds or heat because we usually take a Pool Break mid-day and return in evenings.
    Only other factor is this is also the dates for Free Dining which draws in the Resort Guest like us, but you're at DISNEY with your girlfriend, go have fun.
    Be warned, I took my then girlfriend to Disney for her first time and now we're still going back to Celebrate 30 Years! See Ya There!
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Great time to go..we'll see you there also.
    We'll be at WDW the 12th-21st

Post Thanks / Like

We are there the last week of September. I am a little worried about the heat (we usually go in September). Aside from taking breaks during the day, any advice on helping to stay cool during the heat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DKA041177 View Post
    We are there the last week of September. I am a little worried about the heat (we usually go in September). Aside from taking breaks during the day, any advice on helping to stay cool during the heat?
    Stay hydrated! You'll be in and out of AC all day so that helps
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat willy View Post
    Only other factor is this is also the dates for Free Dining which draws in the Resort Guest like us, but you're at DISNEY with your girlfriend, go have fun.
    Be warned, I took my then girlfriend to Disney for her first time and now we're still going back to Celebrate 30 Years! See Ya There!
    I would be MORE than happy to be taking her back 30 years from now! Considering I have been going there for 20 years already, I do not think I could ever become tired of Disney! Now, this is only my girlfriends 2nd trip to Disney ever (the 1st being with my family and I last october), so we shall see how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Us too

We'll be down in Sept as well (12-19) looking forward to some lower crowds I hope!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there just a week earlier last year, and the crowds were very VERY manageable. I don't think we waited more then 20-25 for anything the entire time, didn't feel crowded walking the parks, and only used FP a few times. It was, as others have mentioned, quite humid though.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

This is when we go every year, and the crowds are some of the lowest all year! We're going to be there the 14th-27th, and we picked those dates based on crowds alone! You will have a great time!

We've gone is April a couple of times and always lament that the crowds are so high compared to our to our beloved September! Food and Wine definitely impacts World Showcase in the evenings, but it is so much fun it doesn't affect the fun!

Have a great vacation with your GF!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

September is getting tricky.

It used to be THE time to go for an empty park but that's starting to vanish more and more as word has gotten out to the masses.

Still, its better than the summer months but its hot, the heat can be rough as is the sun, it always feels like its on top of you like the sword of Damocles. A hat with a brim or a good pair of non Disney sunglasses will do wonders, but make sure the top of your head don't get burnt.

Either way have fun with the girlfriend away from the parental units, that first solo trip with my wife I still recall rather fondly.

Jimmy Thick-Disney does something to women...Seriously...
    Disney Forum Legend/ Published Author / Disney Stock Holder / Marine / Police Officer / Loving Husband and Father / World of Warcraft addict / Fantasy Football Champion...

Post Thanks / Like

The crowds are so light, that everyone now goes that time of year. lol

Just having fun. Our trip is planned for 9/18 ourselves. Can't wait.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Best time of the year. The slowest weekend of the entire calendar is in September. (According to some planning websites)

Food and wine can gum up Epcot on late month weekends and free food can make ressies a pain at the most popular restaurants.

Room only discounts are great and lines are nice and short. Free dining if you can get it is also a plus. Early morning is walk on for first 2hours at most parks. For two adults, no kids, you would be crazy to go any other time of year.

I have been in September many times and will never go a different time unless i have to.

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I really am liking what im hearing from all of you! Sounds like we picked a great time to go.

Thank you all!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Choice

We are going Sept 14-20, this will be our second September trip, also did one in October, and one in November. Crowds are at a low, much more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, it is still gonna look crowded, but nothing like Christmas week, Easter Break, and summer vacation. Go to the Mickeys Halloween Party, you'll love it, it is a seperate hard ticket event though...

Post Thanks / Like

Yup - we love Sept too

Crowds are manageable (I wouldn't say light) because it is a popular time to go... but we never wait for rides. Longest wait was probably 10 mins in the years past.

Have fun and see everyone down there!!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Share This Thread On Social Media: