Quantcast Does Vinylmation Trading still exist in the Parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does Vinylmation Trading still exist in the Parks?

I can't seem to find any recent posts as to whether there is still Vinylmation trading in the Parks. My kids have some duplicates that they'd like to trade but I don't want to bring them on our trip unless they can still trade them. Does anyone know?
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They've limited the trading (I was last there in Feb). For MK, only the pin store near Splash Mountain does it. For EPCOT, I believe only main store Mouse Gears. Maybe people were going around to all the stores and trading for only the good ones.
    2008 Sep: SOG
    2009 Feb: Poly / Apr: Timeshare
    2009 Nov: ASMo, BWV, PC
    2010 Sep: WL, OKW
    2011 Feb: Poly, BWV / Aug: BC, BWV, ASMo
    2012 Apr: FW Campgrounds / Aug: BWV
    2013 Feb: Timeshare
    2014 Feb: Timeshare
    2014 Nov: (DL) Grand Californian
    2015 Feb: OKW, Bonnet Creek Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I had a feeling since it was so hard to find any recent info anywhere. Maybe a store or two in DTD as well then.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh vinyls!!! Best place to trade is dtd disney at d street. Have pulled many chasers from trade box. Also dtd at the pin trader place has a box.

Mk only in frontierland at trading post.
    Epcot at mouse gears and when walking to WS, the international gateway stord on left has a box.
    AK has one at the island mercantile.
    HWS has one at villians and vogue.

Every second saturday the central florida pin traders have a small gathering to trade pins and vinyls. At the allstar sport resort, back of food court. Free, all they ask is you purchase something from food court. Take receipt, write name on back, and youll be entered for a raffle.

Good luck!!!
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats every second Saturday each month by the way.....

Ok now go to trade!!! I have a park starz 3 yeti up for grabs. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Post Thanks / Like

Pin and vinylmation trading event July 12th. 12-5pm.

Disney All-Star Sports Resort. Back in food court. Hosted by central florida pin chasers. Can be found on facebook.

Raffles take place. To enter, please give a small donation or purchase something at food court and write name on back of receipt. Disney works with this group to allow them to have this event monthly. And they add up receipts when its over.

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE trading Vinylmations. Glad to hear it is still alive in the parks. When we were there last June we enjoyed that there was basically only one place per park to trade, it felt less watered down. The trading post in MK seems to have the best selection and the most open box trading.

Our last trip we ran out of traders and ended up buying ones in the park just to trade for ones we had seen at the Trading Post.

Since we are now annual pass holders and have 3 trips planned in the next year we have purchased a whole tray just to trade. Our collection is up to 120!

I have never pulled a Chaser out of a trading box, I would fall over if this happened. We will be in the world on July 12th, maybe we will have to check this out!
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

The chase is very addicting. I have that eerie luck with trading and buying. Very eerie that ive called the vinyl out before opening. I called a haunted mansion variant and boom, got it. Same with pirates 2 chaser. Its very fun. And living close buy doesnt help. You dont wanna know how many I have.

Hope ya make it to the trade event. Good luck chasing!

Post Thanks / Like

So, with trading vinylmations, can you trade with the vinylmation out of the box, or does it need to be unopened in the box? It doesn't make sense if it has to be unopened and in the box, but I have not traded before. Also, do you need to include the card that came in the box?

Thanks.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

They need to be open. They dont need anything just the figure. I have gotten them missing accessories etc before. They dont come with the cards anymore. It is a ton of fun trading.

I will break it down for you. You go into a trading location and let the cast member at the counter you would like to trade vinylmations. They get a blind box numbered 1-15. And typically you pick 3 numbers and choose which of the 3 you would like to trade for. If i remember correctly d-street in DtD is strict with trading rules and lets you only choose 2 numbers.
    July 1996- Swan
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet, thanks. I purchased one back in 2009 I believe when they were fairly new and don't like the character I got. I've been wanting to trade it, but have forgotten to bring it on each successive trip. I won't this time (hopefully).

Side note: this will be my second trip trading pins. It's pretty fun.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

D Street is the only one that enforces the rules. You get two picks. If you dont want first pick you have to trade and keep your second pick. I like enforced rules. Keeps them rotated. And keeps them from filling up with junkers.

Post Thanks / Like

That's sounds pretty fun. What is the etiquette on returning after trading to trade again? Once per day at each location?
    Disneyland 30+

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

D Street is once per day. They are strict but fun. Unless you catch a shift change. Ive gone back twice to boxes in the parks. Usually later in the day after first trade. In busy season there is always someone different at the register. I admit I've spied to see who is at the boxes so we could trade again. Majority of people are ok with it, and alot are collectors themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

My DD7 does all of the trading and the CMs at the parks will ask her what she is looking for and will sometimes give her hints on what numbers to pick. I like that more than she does, she likes the surprise and the chase.
    July 1996- Swan
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh the hints! If im having a bad trade day, i dont mind the hints. A really nice girl threw hints out the other day at D street. She got me a good one, but i too like the surprise and chase. If the person is friendly, you can kind of joke around or ask if they have any..... whatever you're looking for. But some.... whoa...... Im afraid to ask to trade. They look miserable.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha. Thanks.
    Disneyland 30+

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember when they hadboxes at almost every big stoare at allthe parks..I miss the 24 box (?) that was over by the Muppets @ HWS...I got some really cool tiny treasures out of that box...

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

My kids and I have just started collecting and I have learned a lot in recent days...the good , the bad and the ugly. We are looking forward to trying some trading in August.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

There are some websites just for trading. Never played around with them so not sure how they work. I think they work off of trust. But itd be cool to get a pin/vinyl trading section going on in here. Im sure people come home with trades they didnt want and ran out of time to try their luck one last time. Be cool if there was a way to connect. You may think you have a bum trade but theres always someone out there needing what you dont want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: