Quantcast What shoes do YOU wear (if you're Pooh-sized)?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What shoes do YOU wear (if you're Pooh-sized)?

Heading back after five years! Used to love Crocs, but since breaking a toe I can't really use them for long distance walking.

What shoes do you like? I am Pooh sized. Tried Sketchers Gowalk but there is ZERO support in them, like walking in slippers!

Any thoughts?
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any recommendations other than to suggest you wear something that supports you well and that you are comfortable wearing. I know my foot doctor would highly recommend sneakers with good arch support - in fact, he believes folks should wear nothing but sneakers full time!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I am PooPlus sized and have worn New Balance for years. They are a bit pricey but if you shop around you can usually find a pair for $30 to $50. If there is a famous footwear they usually have a buy one get one half off. Hope this helps
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I am Pooh sized, especially considering my height, or lack of it. My feet are quite particular about footwear, especially since a painful bout with plantar fasciitis about 3 years ago.

Probably you have to find a brand/type of footwear that works for your feet. New Balance's website has good descriptions of types of feet and which shoes work best.

The shoes that my feet like best are Birkenstock, especially the Arizona line. I have sandals, closed toe Bostons and one pair of actual shoes.

Occasionally I can find the New Balance on sale that work for my feet but they don't last long. After about 3 months the soles are worn out. With the Birks, when their soles are worn I ship them to a resoler and have them recrafted.

My feet have been much happier at home and especially at WDW since I discovered what type of shoes I needed to look for. I recommend looking through the information at the New Balance website. (I hope it's still there, it's been awhile since I looked at that website)

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a running store near you go see them. I know some people don't like to spend alot on their shoes but they are a very important part of your wardrobe (especially at Disney) It's not worth saving a couple $'s if they wear out quick and you keep replacing them.

So my advice would be go to a running store and have them watch how you walk. Alot of people pronate or supinate and not even know. You might need a running shoe with stability built in to it. As for what to buy I am a big fan of running shoes in Disney.........what brand well that is up to your feet. What brand might be good for one might not be comfortable to another.

I am a HUGE fan of Brooks, never will wear Nike running shoes again. I also tried on New Balance, Asics, Saucony, and Mizuno but Brooks fit my foot the best. All of the above are good brands, and when fitted into the right shoe, will feel great on your feet.
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

good idea, thanks - the Running Store is in one of our local malls. I think I know where I'm going this weekend!
    Once as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a running shoe fan, and I agree 100% with those above who say that it is so important to get the brand of shoe that fits you. For me, that's Saucony. I wear them most of the time at the World, and use my crocs for evenings, or when my feet need a break from the runners.

Also, don't underestimate the value of a good sock. Although I'm by no means a runner (I may not be so Pooh-sized if I ran more), but the "good" running socks make my feet just so much more happy.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too

Good running shoes and good socks.
    I use the open weave shoes for air flow.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Saucony!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I see your trip is coming up in just a few weeks, pooh sized or otherwise, make sure you wear the shoes quite a bit before your trip. You don't want miles of walking at Disney to be the first time your feet spend an excessive amount of time in the shoes, that's a surefire recipe for blisters and an unpleasant trip.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the advice, dnickles. I have the advantage of having a 3/4 mile walk from the train to my office each way, so I figure if I buy them this weekend they'll be well broken in by the big day!
    Once as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

I am pooh sized and have always suffered with my feet on trips to DW. Last trip I did some research and learned that if you are going to be doing a lot of walking you should buy actual walking shoes, not running, tennis but walking shoes. They are hard to find but New Balance makes a couple of styles. I bought a pair and wow, I did great. So my recommendation is New Balance Walking Shoes.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for New Balance.
    -- .. -.-. -.- . --.- -- --- ..-- ... .

83' off property
    00' OKW
    06' 09' AS Sport
    13' Contemporary
    15' POP
    18' POP

The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop... Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I live by Reebok Zigtechs. I have tried several kinds of shoes. I go to Disney every year and sometimes twice. Not exactly the style of shoes I would normally pick, but I swear by them, and will never wear anything else. As soon as I try something else, I have knee pain. Give them a try, I promise you will never switch.
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Post Thanks / Like

New balance TRAIL running shoes. They have a sturdier sole that doesn't mash down like a normal running shoe. I swear by them. new balance also holds up well to larger humans.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: