Quantcast Renting RVs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Renting RVs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renting RVs

Is there somewhere you can rent RVs and have them delivered to Ft. Wilderness and set up, or can you rent and pick up and drive over?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Doing a quick google search came up with alot of options and most will deliver to your pad. but having no idea what one is reputable i hope there will be someone in to give you a hand
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. While I have never done it personally. I have heard of people who have done it. Even got a themed one!

I'm sure if you google it something will come up. There is a national RV rental company too!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

An internet search will likely turn up some RV rental companies that rent Class C RVs, which look like a truck with a camper on, but they are all one unit.

Ten years ago our extended family were camping at Fort Wilderness and needed a second trailer - the bumper hitch kind - as our trailer only sleeps 8. We needed space for 4 more.

Most of the companies in business to rent RVs had rates that seemed awfully high to me. I called RV dealers in the central Florida area until I found one that had some RVs for rent. We got a good price, and the RV dealer brought the trailer to FW and set it up with all the hookups. And they came and got it from FW as well.

We wound up re-leveling the trailer ourselves as we're a bit particular. Some of the extended family staying in the trailer cleaned the trailer themselves as they're particular. Unfortunately some of the carpet - especially near the door - wasn't going to clean much; the trailer was one of their display models.

The trailer was a nice length, over 30', with a rear bedroom with bunks - single over a double, and a front bedroom with a queen. Also a sleep sofa in the living room. Full size appliances in the kitchen.

I was a little unhappy with the looks of the trailer. I was told it would be in very nice condition and it wasn't with the carpet like it was. I suppose that's why the dealer never did send us a bill, even tho I called to remind them a couple of times.

With this trailer we had more room than with a Class C. And the price quoted was more reasonable. We didn't need to have a motor, camping for 9 days at Fort Wilderness, so the bumper hitch trailer was the way we wanted to go. I think the RV dealer was in the Plant City area, but after 10 years, I don't remember. And possibly that RV dealer isn't there any more.

The next time we stayed at Fort Wilderness, we had six that needed a place. They had always wanted to try a Wilderness Home, so we requested a campsite for our travel trailer near a Wilderness Home and Disney was able to comply. The back of our campsite was at the back of the Wilderness Home. I think loops 1100 and 2100 but I could be wrong.

You might want to compare the cost of a Wilderness Home versus the campsite rental and RV rental.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Look on the camping site...I've seen one or two companies mentioned.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

There are definitely companies who will do this. Depending on where you live, you might want to rent a bit further away from Fort Wilderness and just drive the unit on-site as the costs might be somewhat lower for the rental.

The Fort Wilderness cabins are always a nice option though staying there never did feel much like "camping" to me. (I was used to tent camping).
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You might also check out this prior discussion.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    There are definitely companies who will do this. Depending on where you live, you might want to rent a bit further away from Fort Wilderness and just drive the unit on-site as the costs might be somewhat lower for the rental.

The Fort Wilderness cabins are always a nice option though staying there never did feel much like "camping" to me. (I was used to tent camping).
    The local costs were why I was calling around.

The best thing about the cabins is the generous deck and the picnic table. Otherwise, yes, not much like camping.

Well, the cabins do have a full kitchen, meaning regular sized fridge which isn't often in an RV. Plenty of room for ice cream in the freezer and beverages in the fridge. And a dish washer. Which Mousekeeping loaded for those of our group who stayed in the Wilderness Cabin.

Again, not much like camping, right LInda?

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janmac View Post
    And a dish washer. Which Mousekeeping loaded for those of our group who stayed in the Wilderness Cabin.

Again, not much like camping, right LInda?

Jan
    Typically, dishwashers are in short supply when one is camping!! I do recall Mousekeeping loading and running the dishwasher with the two coffee cups we left in the sink!!!
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I rented a trailer this summer for my family of 5 (me, my fiancee, and our three teens). Overall, I was pleased with the price, product, and service. I felt that we got good lodging value, as compared to the cabins (which I have stayed in several times and I do like).
    My only dissatisfaction was that the trailer took awhile to set up, even though we had been told it would be ready at check in time. We had to hang around Fort Wilderness for well over two hours after check in for our camper to be set up.,
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We did this twice - once with a full out RV, once with a pop up camper. Both were fantastic companies to work with, and they set everything up for us. It was perfect.

One of the companies just sent out a message that Disney is having all RV rentals go through a vetting process right now. They're not sure if they'll be "approved" for future rentals (although they should be - they made it truly magical for my kids!).

When you contact companies, just ask them what the status us of the approval process.

Good luck!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: