Quantcast Early Admission & Gringotts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early Admission & Gringotts

We are staying onsite for two nights over Columbus Day weekend. Since Gringotts is not included in the front of line perk, we plan to use the early admission to hopefully ride.

So we can enter at 8am. How early do other Universal guests start to line up for early admission? If we get there right at 8am, any idea how long the wait for Gringotts may already be?
    98 - All-Star Sports
    03 - All-Star Music
    04 - Offsite
    07 - Pop Century
    09 - All-Star Movies
    10 - All-Star Movies
    11 - Offsite
    12 - All-Star Music

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

ok so we just did this on aug 19-20, so I'll tell you how it went for us. We stayed 2 nights at the Hard Rock to get the unlimited express pass and the early entry to Diagon Alley. From what I had researched before hand, even though early entry didn't officially start until 8am (normal park opening was at 9) they actually let you in to the park around 7:30 (30 mins before the actual start of early entry). planned on being at the park by 7:15 to get in line, actually arrived at the turnstiles to the park at 7:45am, got in line, walked along with everyone else along the carefully blocked off walkway to Diagon Alley, past minion mayhem, along the front of the mummy, down to where the fear factor stage entry is, turned around and were lead into Diagon Alley. the line to get into DA was massive, I was completely discouraged thinking that we got up early for nothing cause we were still going to be there all day in line, not true. the queue for Gingotts is massive; you go through the bank, down a pathway, down an elevator, back up stairs, and finally get on the ride. we actually got off of the ride at 8:45am, I remembered to look at my watch right away, so it only took 1hr from getting to the turnstiles of US to getting off of the ride, even though it looked like we were going to be there forever.
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    ok so we just did this on aug 19-20, so I'll tell you how it went for us. We stayed 2 nights at the Hard Rock to get the unlimited express pass and the early entry to Diagon Alley. From what I had researched before hand, even though early entry didn't officially start until 8am (normal park opening was at 9) they actually let you in to the park around 7:30 (30 mins before the actual start of early entry). planned on being at the park by 7:15 to get in line, actually arrived at the turnstiles to the park at 7:45am, got in line, walked along with everyone else along the carefully blocked off walkway to Diagon Alley, past minion mayhem, along the front of the mummy, down to where the fear factor stage entry is, turned around and were lead into Diagon Alley. the line to get into DA was massive, I was completely discouraged thinking that we got up early for nothing cause we were still going to be there all day in line, not true. the queue for Gingotts is massive; you go through the bank, down a pathway, down an elevator, back up stairs, and finally get on the ride. we actually got off of the ride at 8:45am, I remembered to look at my watch right away, so it only took 1hr from getting to the turnstiles of US to getting off of the ride, even though it looked like we were going to be there forever.

This is great info!! Thanks so much. I am determined to make a trip in February. I do not want to wait any longer to see Diagon Alley.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

We're going to UO that same weekend (on Columbus Day actually) but are staying in WDW so no early entry. However, from what I've heard, lines for Gringotts are way down than they were over the summer. I've heard standby of 20 mins, single ride lines that are walkons. Will be a bit busier that weekend, but I'd imagine 45-60 min max waits (during busiest time of day) at Gringotts, so I wouldn't stress too much over early entry.

Actually, what I've read indicated that gringott's and DA were the busiest first thing in the a.m. b/c everyone wants to go there first.

Also, crowd calendars are showing Columbus Day itself as being the least busy day of that weekend. Florida schools don't get CD off, so you won't have to worry about locals. The weekend itself shouldn't be too bad either, but will be busier than CD, and days with HHN, tho it is a separate ticket, tend to be busier at the studios park.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't count on October not being busy. We go every October and it is a busy time since the Halloween Party draws a lot of people to Universal the whole month. It's not as busy as the summer but it's busy.

One thing that really bugs me about Universal is that they are not consistent with the early entry. Some days its 8:00...some times 7:30 and have even seen 7:15.......A team leader told me no matter what is posted, it's whenever they are ready...but it will be no later than 8.

Remember the rule of not taking anything on the rides with you. This will make you get out of line and find a locker, which will waste a lot of time.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I wouldn't count on October not being busy. We go every October and it is a busy time since the Halloween Party draws a lot of people to Universal the whole month. It's not as busy as the summer but it's busy.
    That is the kicker, going on a day that doesn't offer HHN. For example, Columbus Day itself would be a great day to go (that's the day we're going). FL schools don't get CD off, so won't have too many locals. And no HHN, so you don't have that boost.

Still, we're getting unlimited EP so we can do everything (except the HP stuff) quicker and easier. That way we can spend more time in DA and if we need to wait a while for Gringotts we're not missing out on other rides.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)

Post Thanks / Like

Jabber...you should really check out their Halloween Party.....it is so good.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think we’ll plan to be there by 7:30. We are going on Sunday (our last day at a park) so we want to make sure we get to ride.
    98 - All-Star Sports
    03 - All-Star Music
    04 - Offsite
    07 - Pop Century
    09 - All-Star Movies
    10 - All-Star Movies
    11 - Offsite
    12 - All-Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Jabber...you should really check out their Halloween Party.....it is so good.
    We did HHN a few years ago and LOVED IT. And being huge Walking Dead fans, I was really tempted to try and make it work for us to go this year. Just don't think we'll have the time unfortunately. Still, just to do the Walking Dead maze and scarezone would have made it worth the price of admission in my mind.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws View Post
    We did HHN a few years ago and LOVED IT. And being huge Walking Dead fans, I was really tempted to try and make it work for us to go this year. Just don't think we'll have the time unfortunately. Still, just to do the Walking Dead maze and scarezone would have made it worth the price of admission in my mind.
    Glad you got to experience it at least once. Remember if you add it on to you regular park admission for the day the price is greatly reduced (for most nights). I think our tickets only cost us $30 a piece last year.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: