Quantcast Absolute Lowest Crowd in MK?? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Low crowds

We went last year in the early part of December and it was great. Very low crowds and all the Christmas stuff was up. It was even warm enough to go swimming.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Low MK crowds

Indeed. We went week end after Labor day and blew through the MK. Done by 2 pm.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

We always go for Marathon Weekend in January and it isn't that bad. As someone mentioned though if you aren't a runner, go the weekend after and it is even more dead! I think it is just not so bad for marathon weekend because not everyone goes into the parks and if they do they hobble around and grab a beer!
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Post Thanks / Like

We're going to be there Jan. 3-10 in 2015. We're hoping that it will not be busy. I am expecting it to be cold, especially in the mornings.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

As a kid we used to go the second week of November. It was dead. As in walk on everything. I've posted pictures elsewhere of us at Epcot in 82 and there's no one there....a month after opening!

We just went this past week, and it was crazy. At least the 10 and the 11th. It "slowed" down toward the end of the week, and at MVMCP on the 14th, everything was pretty much a walk on, except the Mine Train.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

We always have had great luck from Dec. 1-15. Walk on most rides, no more than a 15 minute wait for the most popular rides. No problems getting tickets for the Candlelight Processional. No problems getting tables at table service dining.
    A lot of people are hesitant to pull kids from school because of them just having breaks for Thanksgiving, and a long break for Christmas.

Good luck!
    Off Property-1989
    CRB-1993
    ASM- 1997
    AKL- 2003
    WL- 2005
    Off Property- Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Agree on Labor Day week. We went a couple of years ago and rode rides 2-3 times with no wait. The best example I can remember was walking in line for Tower of Terror at 11am and seeing no one else in either the standby or FP line. It was creepy. I asked the CM if I was going to be riding myself and she looked at the camera and told me there were a few other people joining me.

The worst part about that trip was it was just my wife and me. We had so much extra time to shop after riding the rides we spent way too much money with all that extra time.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there is early February it wasn't to busy. Rides had fairly short waits

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    When we were there is early February it wasn't to busy. Rides had fairly short waits
    I'm guessing it's not quite warm enough to go swimming in February?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

all depends on where you're from! We went in January, and DD swam EVERY day. It was too cold for most of us adults (even us northern ones), but the kids were all swimming!

The pools are heated, it is getting out that is horrible. I'd take ickier weather, if it resulted in lower crowds.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I'm guessing it's not quite warm enough to go swimming in February?
    February is such a hit or miss month here with temperatures. You could end up with cold temps and wind or it can be quite pleasant. As Heather mentioned the pools are heated so if you have average temperatures in the high 60s/low 70s, you would be fine.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We swam in February of last year. Temps were warm enough that I wore shorts most days and evenings. There were only a couple of nights we were in jeans but still short sleeves. I think there was many be 1 night that we had to buy blankets to watch the fireworks but that was it.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: