Quantcast DVC Supplies

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: DVC Supplies

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Supplies

I'm a DVC newbie here. Our first DVC visit won't be until next spring but I have a few questions related to Mousekeeping.

I'm assuming soap, shampoo and lotion are supplied as usual or do we have to bring our own?

I'm also assuming if you need extra pillows or blankets that you can call Mousekeeping as normal for those?

Finally, I'm also assuming that we provide our own dish and/or laundry detergent, paper towels, napkins, etc?

I know you can order grocery delivery for your arrival and I'm assuming any of these items can be secured that way.

What else do we need to know to take or order for a DVC visit vs. a usual WDW visit?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Soap and other consumables are not replenished daily. I always bring my own soap, shampoo, etc.

There might be an additional charge for pillows and blankets. Honestly, I've never asked for them, I remember reading something about getting more (maybe it was towels) and there being a charge.

There should be ample dishwashing soap, dishwasher detergent, and paper towels in the room. They only provide one load of laundry detergent in the room.

All the above is replenished as part of trash and towel day (4th and 7th days of a stay).

Post Thanks / Like

We usually wash our towels in the villa's washing machine, so I don't ever have to ask for extra towels. We have had to ask for extra blankets, though (one of our kids always sleeps on a pallet on the floor, because there are 4 kids and none of them like to share beds, so in a 2 BR with no fold out chair, the floor is a bed!) We have never been charged for extra blankets.

You get an initial box of laundry detergent, good for one load. Same goes for dishwasher powder, and you get a small bottle of dish soap and one sponge. We have an Owner's Locker, so we keep detergents in that and rarely use what's provided. I've found that the all in one sheets that are both detergent and fabric softener sheets are the most helpful to have. I also use the pods; I have the laundry kind and the dishwasher kind in our locker.

I cannot remember if a roll of paper towels is supplied. I think one is already on a paper towel holder in the kitchen. We use that instead of napkins. TP is provided as well, and you can always call for more.

There are no ice makers in the refrigerators. There are ice trays only, so the first thing I do when we arrive is refill the trays. There are coffee pots, but no filters. Coffee in filterable bags is provided, but I don't love that coffee. If you're bringing your own, you'll need filters.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a newer DVC member, so my experience is just based on 2 stays: Kidani Village in a 1-BR and the Wilderness Lodge in a studio.

The bathroom was stocked with 1 handsoap, 1 bathsoap, and 1 each of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. Just like they'd stock a resort bathroom for non-DVC guests. However, in the bathroom with the spa tub there was a whole extra set of soap and shampoo, conditioner, etc.

In the 1-BR, the washer/dryer had 1 box of detergent, which we used to do 2 loads.

In the 1-BR kitchen, there were paper towels on the roll, plus an extra under the sink, a travel-size bottle of liquid dish soap with a clean sponge, and 3-4 dish detergent pellets good for 1 dishwasher load each. We did not run out of any of these kitchen items before they restocked the 4th morning.

The studio kitchen was stocked the same, except obviously only handwashing dish detergent supplies.

We asked a housekeeper in the hall during our studio stay for extra kleenex and toilet paper and it was no problem.

Personally, so far I have been impressed with the amount of supplies provided. I think how much extra things you need to bring will depend on whether you are maxing out the capacity of the accommodations in terms of people. For example, in the Wilderness Lodge studio we found the supplies ample for 3 people, but perhaps not if there were 5.
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates everyone. We're looking forward to our first DVC stay!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I found that by packing most of my food items in a collapsible duffel bag (yes, I fly in) I was able to have the bag to bring home souvies ! I did not worry about items that I could buy in the grocery section downstairs, but brought the items not carried there.
    Never ran out of any paper products or cleaning supplies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sara114 View Post
    I found that by packing most of my food items in a collapsible duffel bag (yes, I fly in) I was able to have the bag to bring home souvies ! I did not worry about items that I could buy in the grocery section downstairs, but brought the items not carried there.
    Never ran out of any paper products or cleaning supplies.
    Awesome idea! Thanks!
    Beth & David

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: