Quantcast Twister - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Twister

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    Interesting info is that this may be a Twister redo using a Soarin' or even the new Avatar/Pandora based motion/flying simulator. Imagine being in the middle of a twister rather than just watching from the sidelines.

Could be pretty cool, athough this might also be a one-up on Disney with this being done and open before Avatar.
    That does sound cool! Personally I will miss Twister. Aside from the dated video footage (and Bill Paxton's monotone delivery) I thought the actual attraction was fun.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Tina Fey? Jimmy Fallon? 30 Rock?

Soarin over NY?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Twister's replacement, project number 727, or so it is rumored... Project Director: Donald MacLean...

He is also the project director for the Shrek replacement, which is project 620...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I usually don't venture off Disney property - but on my last trip I went to Universal for Diagon Alley. Diagon Alley was awesome... but honestly - the rest of Universal felt like a time capsule. Dated, dated, dated. Twister was super lame. The cow? haha! And the video of Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt. Def time for that "ride" to go.

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpirit02 View Post
    I usually don't venture off Disney property - but on my last trip I went to Universal for Diagon Alley. Diagon Alley was awesome... but honestly - the rest of Universal felt like a time capsule. Dated, dated, dated. Twister was super lame. The cow? haha! And the video of Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt. Def time for that "ride" to go.
    Did you ride Disaster while there? You should have... it is a pretty cool special effects show, plus, it's also soon to be on its way out... Universal won't be dated in a few years...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Did you ride Disaster while there? You should have... it is a pretty cool special effects show, plus, it's also soon to be on its way out... Universal won't be dated in a few years...
    I did - I got chosen as the person to sit in the ball pit and scream. lol. I dunno - I guess Universal just was lacking for me. But to each their own.

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Universal just was lacking for me. But to each their own.
    That's how I feel about Disney now. I'm "Meet n Greeted" out. Nothing new but simple dark rides with no imagination....cute but no "wow" factor. But like you said to each their own.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by razor5002000 View Post
    Need proof This sounds like fan wishing.
    Got your proof:

Project 727 is a go... Permit filed today...

Say goodbye to Twister...

Post Thanks / Like

Got your proof:

Project 727 is a go... Permit filed today...

Say goodbye to Twister...
    Any more guesses on possible replacements??

As a side note, I will miss the store. I really did like the merchandise. We purchased my daughter the cutest "Keep Calm and Click Your Heels" shirt with sparkly ruby Dorothy shoes on the front. And, cow themed merchandise ... why not? Lol.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Any more guesses on possible replacements??

As a side note, I will miss the store. I really did like the merchandise. We purchased my daughter the cutest "Keep Calm and Click Your Heels" shirt with sparkly ruby Dorothy shoes on the front. And, cow themed merchandise ... why not? Lol.
    Rumor is a Soarin style ride featuring Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey, taking place in NYC... Or some sort of attraction dealing with Jimmy Fallon and The Tonight Show... The facade is rumored to be designed after 30 Rock (the building not TV show LOL)... with a NBC store serving as a gift shop...

I wouldn't consider this a major addition, more like a side project to replace an old attraction...

Post Thanks / Like

Rumor is a Soarin style ride featuring Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey, taking place in NYC... Or some sort of attraction dealing with Jimmy Fallon and The Tonight Show... The facade is rumored to be designed after 30 Rock (the building not TV show LOL)... with a NBC store serving as a gift shop...

I wouldn't consider this a major addition, more like a side project to replace an old attraction...
    I'm not too excited with this possible replacement and I like Jimmy Fallon, but not so much Tina Fey. It doesn't do anything for me at this point.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I'm not too excited with this possible replacement and I like Jimmy Fallon, but not so much Tina Fey. It doesn't do anything for me at this point.
    Honestly, I'm not too excited either... I am excited for what's coming to Universal over all though... I'm not a fan of Fallon, don't find anything funny about it... And I'm not find of Tina Fey either... Of course, Tina Fey may not even be in the attraction... She is just a rumor... Maybe wild fan speculation...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    It doesn't sound very exciting at this point, but right now, Universal has a pretty solid track record of adding new rides and updating attractions so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Even though it's not planned to be a "major attraction," I love that they keep building and adding and not taking 5 years to do so! I really cannot wait to return.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    It doesn't sound very exciting at this point, but right now, Universal has a pretty solid track record of adding new rides and updating attractions so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Even though it's not planned to be a "major attraction," I love that they keep building and adding and not taking 5 years to do so! I really cannot wait to return.

Agreed!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Soar high above Jimmy Fallon as he breaks constantly and laughs at his own jokes.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

manutd1 Guest

With the exception of the new Potter attraction.....Universal/Islands is nothing more than a "better" six flags. The 2 Potter rides are nice..but the rest....meh.
    Universal will always be second fiddle to Disney. Its just not in the same league. Never was..never will be. We have went 4 times, with the last about 6 months ago.
    Yes, its an ok place.....but to be honest, Kings Island in Ohio is better. Cedar Point also.
    Just my opinion.
    Yes, If no one has been..they should go. But for us. Nothing beats WDW/DLR for a complete satisfaction family vacation.
    Will we ever go back to Universal? Yeah probably...4-5 years. But, nothing pressing. WDW always leaves us with that...."see you soon" feeling. We WILL be back...we love it. Universal...no soul.

manutd1 Guest

I did - I got chosen as the person to sit in the ball pit and scream. lol. I dunno - I guess Universal just was lacking for me. But to each their own.
    Very lacking to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't understand the comparison of a whole resort to a park, yet that's just what you did. Single parks font compare to the theming, hotels, restaurants, nightclubs and parks at Universal Orlando. Those who come for the day and leave with their Disney glasses on just don't seem to get it.

Love Disney but to put down UOR just doesn't make sense from anyone who appreciates "theme" - not amusement parks.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlueLacheta View Post
    Soar high above Jimmy Fallon as he breaks constantly and laughs at his own jokes.
    Now that's funny.... ��
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

manutd1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Can't understand the comparison of a whole resort to a park, yet that's just what you did. Single parks font compare to the theming, hotels, restaurants, nightclubs and parks at Universal Orlando. Those who come for the day and leave with their Disney glasses on just don't seem to get it.

Love Disney but to put down UOR just doesn't make sense from anyone who appreciates "theme" - not amusement parks.
    I'll compare Disneyland..Which is a park. 100 times beyond Universal. In every way.
    Id also say that DLR is a much better destination than Universal. For all the reasons...I already mentioned. If I had to choose only one Disney park....to go for the rest of my life....Yeah, It would be Disneyland....And that is coming from an Epcot Center M.K. ....NERD. Man I love both of those places....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: