Quantcast Twister - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Twister

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manutd1 View Post
    I'll compare Disneyland..Which is a park. 100 times beyond Universal. In every way.
    Id also say that DLR is a much better destination than Universal. For all the reasons...I already mentioned. If I had to choose only one Disney park....to go for the rest of my life....Yeah, It would be Disneyland....And that is coming from an Epcot Center M.K. ....NERD. Man I love both of those places....
    I'll give you Disneyland and for me it's pretty close between WDW and Universal as second choices.

Universal favors very comparably to the set up of Disneyland. Listen to the recent podcast for details.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    manutd1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'll give you Disneyland and for me it's pretty close between WDW and Universal as second choices.

Universal favors very comparably to the set up of Disneyland. Listen to the recent podcast for details.
    Yes, Disneyland and Universal do have a lot in common as for " layout" It is nice to catch a tram to Disneyland...Walk the rest...or stay at Grand Californian....and really be with in it all. I do wish Disneyland had a "value resort" But, I guess if one wants that.....Harbor Blvd you go......

Post Thanks / Like

With the exception of the new Potter attraction.....Universal/Islands is nothing more than a "better" six flags. The 2 Potter rides are nice..but the rest....meh.
    Universal will always be second fiddle to Disney. Its just not in the same league. Never was..never will be. We have went 4 times, with the last about 6 months ago.
    Yes, its an ok place.....but to be honest, Kings Island in Ohio is better. Cedar Point also.
    Just my opinion.
    Yes, If no one has been..they should go. But for us. Nothing beats WDW/DLR for a complete satisfaction family vacation.
    Will we ever go back to Universal? Yeah probably...4-5 years. But, nothing pressing. WDW always leaves us with that...."see you soon" feeling. We WILL be back...we love it. Universal...no soul.
    Why would you post this here? This is a thread about updates for Twister. Start your own new post entitled "why I think Universal is lame through my Disney rose-colored glasses."

I love WDW. I love Universal Orlando. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

manutd1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Why would you post this here? This is a thread about updates for Twister. Start your own new post entitled "why I think Universal is lame through my Disney rose-colored glasses."

I love WDW. I love Universal Orlando. The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Read the entire thread. No rose colored glasses here. I think WDW is head and shoulders beyond Universal....to me, they ARE mutually exclusive. Its funny how when folks love WDW..they have rose colored glasses on.....when folks say that...it speaks volumes.
    My comments,Just my opinion. And, yes.....we all have one. But this was a discussion....Which is why we are here.
    peace

Post Thanks / Like

Read the entire thread. No rose colored glasses here. I think WDW is head and shoulders beyond Universal....to me, they ARE mutually exclusive. Its funny how when folks love WDW..they have rose colored glasses on.....when folks say that...it speaks volumes.
    My comments,Just my opinion. And, yes.....we all have one. But this was a discussion....Which is why we are here.

So - with that - let me steer this back to the topic at hand - which is the Twister rehab. As another poster mentioned rightly so, if you want to have a comparision discussion between the different parks and universal, starting a new thread would be the best place to do it. I'm just as guilty for engaging

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Rumored opening: in time for spring break 2017... They are completely gutting the building...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Early rumors stated this would be a Soarin style ride system attraction... New rumors are pointing to this being more of a giant motion based arena rather than a Soarin style ride system...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Early rumors stated this would be a Soarin style ride system attraction... New rumors are pointing to this being more of a giant motion based arena rather than a Soarin style ride system...
    Rumored opening: in time for spring break 2017... They are completely gutting the building...
    So, with the new rumors, do you think this is more of a major attraction instead of merely a side project? I don't care either way ... any additions and changes are usually good additions at Universal, just curious.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    So, with the new rumors, do you think this is more of a major attraction instead of merely a side project? I don't care either way ... any additions and changes are usually good additions at Universal, just curious.
    Basing on the rumors (can't call them facts though this seems to be the plan) I personally consider it a side project... It is getting rid of an attraction which isn't popular anymore, and replacing it with something Comcast told Universal Creative it wanted, in other words, something NBC related (gotta love synergy!!!)... and with the huge success Fallon's show was when he held it in Orlando last year, a Fallon/Tonight Show themed attraction is the idea...

Theme, it makes sense... Streets of NY... How does Twister, taking place in the midwest, fit New York??? At least 30 rock does... Universal Creative is now in the game of making their themed lands make sense... 30 Rock makes sense in NY...

I don't expect this to be a major add, but something needed to eat the increasing crowds... I view it as a D ticket... Until we hear the official word...

Post Thanks / Like

Google Dynamic Attractions Flying Theater... Watch the Youtube video... This is the ride system rumored for the Jimmy Fallon attraction replacing Twister...

Post Thanks / Like

Google Dynamic Attractions Flying Theater... Watch the Youtube video... This is the ride system rumored for the Jimmy Fallon attraction replacing Twister...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbI15_J3zoM

Post Thanks / Like

I know you'll say it's bigger, but it's still basically Soarin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

I know you'll say it's bigger, but it's still basically Soarin'.

A little different on the take off, but yep... Soarin for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. That looks an awful lot like Soarin' to me too!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this John...

This is the system, or one similar, rumored for the attraction... Basically, you'll be visiting the set of the Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon comes out, and then somewhere along the lines you go soaring over New York... At least, that's the rumor...

It is a lot like Soarin, just a different ride system... Same experience...

Part of me is hoping this Jimmy Fallon attraction rumor is really just a misdirection... I just don't like him... But then again, if the ride is fun and enjoyable, then I wouldn't care... I'd still ride it...

Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas of when Twister may close?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    Any ideas of when Twister may close?
    Only speculation and rumors right now, but anywhere from after summer (before HHN), to January 2016... My guess would be January 2016... But only my guess... If I hear anything more concrete, I'll post it... Unless Universal announces it first...

Post Thanks / Like

Here's hoping for 2016. My wife and I are heading down in early September (her first ever visit to Universal) and I'd like to be able to show her Twister. I enjoyed it, and it reminded me of Backdraft in Hollywood.

Post Thanks / Like

Rumor: This will be in 3D...

Post Thanks / Like

A Universal ride in3-D?!?! NO WAY!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: