Quantcast Day 4 - Nov 13 - 17th, The Poly people stay at the Beach Club!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day 4 - Nov 13 - 17th, The Poly people stay at the Beach Club!

Myself and DS (16!)
    When - Nov 13 - 17
    Where - Beach Club
    How - Southwest
    Why - DS 16th birthday

We decided to sleep in a bit (8 a.m.) and made our way to the Marketplace. It was a bit crazy as there was no coffee, but by the time we received our danishes it was brewed and ready to go. We decided to take it and eat outside where my son trying to talk me into staying longer! As much as I would love to, we had to leave the following day and be responsible adults!

After we brought our refillable mugs back to the room we decided to walk over to the ESPN club to see if we could find some Patriots shirts (the ones we brought were too heavy) it was closed, so we decided to head right to the Studios for our FP. I realized we forgot to take the privacy sign off our room handle but we knew we had enough towels so didn't make an effort to go back and take it off.

Nice boat ride to Studios. It seemed crowded today, but we went on ToT (fp), then to Indiana Jones which we hadn't seen in about 10 years. Back then I had actually been selected to participate but this was before videos on IPHONES etc so have no record of it!

We had FP for TSM (another favorite) but it was down! There were about 10 CM's outside the ride answering questions. They explained that we would have a FP for any ride for the rest of the day but not including rides we already had Fp for. I was not sure how this was going to work out but confirmed it on my phone and off we went to find something to do. It can be a bit hard to stretch out time at the studios, however we went to One Mans dream (loved). We then sat on a bench where we were promptly picked on by the "Mayor of Burbank" and his friends. Enjoyed that improv quite a bit! Tough to come up with things when they asked you questions on the spot, but we both did well! Very funny and enjoyable.

I noticed TSM was opened again but did not want to go right away as I figured FP would be even longer since it has been closed. We went into the shops and try to buy time before our Prime Time ADRs

I have only been to Prime Time once before, and since DS and I are both into diners and 50s etc so it was a good chance to go!

After a bit of a wait to sit, we had Chris as our waiter who was excellent. Food was delicious (I had the sampler) and had a nice chat with a couple next to us. Great experience would go back again in a second!

Made our way to TSM which I could ride over and over again! Onto see the Osbourne lights again before we leave, it was wonderful and bittersweet!

We had some energy so decided to walk back to the Beach Club which was nice. We got off our feet for about 45 minutes and I mentioned maybe we could stay in and watch the Patriots game and shop tomorrow, DS chastised me that we can watch the highlights but aren't in Disney all the time (he was right!).

DTD was busy which I was glad to see, DS got a nice a painting from the Art Store (after a text to his nana for a xmas present). Gifts for DH and DD and saw the store Basin which I know Linda (aka Faline) likes. Thanks Linda, I liked that store!

Somehow managed to drink a Ghiardelli hot chocolate (you would think we would be stuffed!) and back to the room we went! Watch the end of the game and tried not to think about going home tomorrow!

Overall thoughts -

I hadn't mentioned before but our neighbors were very loud, 3 mornings we were woken up by them, not sure if the walls were thin or they were extra loud. We haven't had this problem at the Poly or Contemporary (but did at WL and moderates).

Studios - I think we all know that they need more, we managed to have a great time and stretch it out but looking forward to seeing them expand!

FP+ - Very pleased with how they gave us FP for one ride of our choice the remainder of the day. This is Disney at its best!

A silly thing we always do is try to see how many NFL teams are represented (hats, t-shirts etc) during our trip (we go in the fall usually so that helps!). DH and DS usually do this and never have seen all teams. We were down to 3 left when we were at the Studios (Cleveland, Oakland and Jaquars). Sitting on the bench we saw 2 and then I literally bumped into someone with an Oakland Raiders shirt to complete the league. Fun way to observe people when your in line etc. DH was impressed. For GB, Pittsburgh and Pats fan, you were very well represented! Probably the most shirts we saw!

Great day!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you were able to get your Toy Story Mania ride in!! What a lovely trip you and your son have had!! Such special memories to create together!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a great trip you had!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06