Quantcast A New Disney Adventuere....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A New Disney Adventuere....

So after a decade of vacationing at WDW, the family is heading west - Disneyland west to be exact! Looking at 9 months out (end of summer 2015) we are planning on a SanFrancisco to Disneyland trip. Probably 2 days at DL plus a day at Cali Adventure. Still in the early planning stages. Never been to Ca. so kinda excited.

Any early thoughts or suggestions from the DL crowd would be great....accommodations, navigating the park, stuff to possibly avoid, dining - you know, the usual!!
    The clan is the usual:

DH - other than the long-ish flight, I'm ready
    DW - add to her vacation planning portfolio
    DS15 - wants to skateboard at Venice Beach!
    DS12 - Intercotee in training

Will post as the plans develop but any help in advance is totally welcome!! Thanks
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, you will find a lot to enjoy about DL. Did you know that intercot has a DL section. Just go to the discussion board page and scroll down. I don't want to give advice on Dl as I haven't been since before the cars expansion at CA. Write a trip report when you get back and let us know how you liked it.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to bump this to the DLR vacation planning forum. Have fun!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, just make sure you're planning enough time to get from San Francisco to Anaheim. It takes at least 7 hours of driving to get there, so plan accordingly. How much time are you planning San Francisco?

Unlike Disney World, at Disneyland you don't need to stay on property to be close and you don't need to plan so many dining reservations. The counter service meals at the parks are much better than the counter service restaurants at WDW. For table service I would recommend the Blue Bayou, if only for the location, inside the Pirates ride.

For hotels, you can save money staying a good neighbor hotel. Some of them are closer to the front gates than most of the Disney hotels (though the Grand Californian is the closest). There is something to be said about staying at the Disneyland Hotel - especially for your first visit.

Fast passes work the way the fast passes used to at WDW. You don't need to reserve anything ahead of time.

If you're going in June then chances are the weekends are blackout days for Southern California pass holders. I will say I noticed a real difference in the crowds on those days. I can't really tell you about crowds on weekdays, though.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: