Quantcast Wrist band questions ~

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Wrist band questions ~

I understand that I am in a really small majority with this.

When I am on vacation, I will not carry any electronic devices on me nor do I allow anyone in the party too. After all, we are on vacation and should be in the moment there. I shall not digress any further on this.

Thus my question, how do I know when my FP times are, and where, with a band? What have others been doing? Print outs? Only using their phones?

Are our dining ressies also attached to the wrist bands?

Thanks!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As I always do, I created a table of information such as dining reservations, fast pass times, etc which I carried with me. Yes, your dining reservations are associated with yur band.

While you may not want to carry electronics with you on vacation I found the My Disney Experience app on my phone to be important and provided critical information on wait times etc while I was there.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We did the same thing. I created a small card for each day, with our FP+ times, and ADR information on it.

However, as our vacation progressed, I found the MDE app to be easier, and we just used that to check wait times and verify FP+ times.

I agree with you though ... part of a vacation is "device" free, so we didn't check email, etc on it, just used the MDE app.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

While I do carry my iPhone with me because I use it as a camera I don't use the apps much or check mail. The Dsney app wasn't working very well- weak connection- when I did try to make dining plans several times while at the parks last week.

I also carry a little piece of paper with our plans on it. Without I would be lost.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    ... nor do I allow anyone in the party too. ...
    You don't sound too fun to travel with...

I tend to let people do what makes them happy...

But, I would just print everything out and carry around the piece of paper. Of course, only if someone else in your party doesn't ban pieces of paper.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    You don't sound too fun to travel with...

I tend to let people do what makes them happy...

But, I would just print everything out and carry around the piece of paper. Of course, only if someone else in your party doesn't ban pieces of paper.
    I am NOT a vacation dictator! Well, actually, yes I am. Funny though ~ people who have travelled with us, thank me for it as we are far more interactive and relax much better. I am a true believer in 'being' in the moment.

Thanks for all the input. I guess I'll just make another paper like my dinner ressie list and have it available for reference.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~

Post Thanks / Like

In looking at your signature, you may not have been to WDW since the new FP+ changes. Check-out the MDE app before you leave home, beside just having your confirmations it also lets you seen wait times for rides/attractions. Things have changed with FP being added to rides that really don't need it and which makes standby lines longer….MDE does come in handy. You might want to reconsider and at least have one smartphone with you just for that.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I don't HAVE a smart phone, neither does my husband... we have regular stupid phones that only call and text. We are going in January, should be interesting with our schedules on pieces of paper!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM View Post
    I don't HAVE a smart phone, neither does my husband... we have regular stupid phones that only call and text. We are going in January, should be interesting with our schedules on pieces of paper!
    I'd love to hear how you manage. My flip phone is an antique and I use it maybe 3 times a week. and charge it every 3 weeks or so.

To my knowledge, I think I can get the MDE app on my iTouch. I guess I may have to resort to that or have my niece and nephew deal with it on their phones.
    Shannon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post

To my knowledge, I think I can get the MDE app on my iTouch. I guess I may have to resort to that or have my niece and nephew deal with it on their phones.
    Yes, MDE works fine on the iTouch, and there's wifi almost everywhere. I would like to suggest bringing it, so that you can make changes to your schedule if needed.

For example, you might arrive at a ride and see that the standby line is very short. That would be a "waste" of a fastpass - you could then change it for something else on the iTouch. Have a great vacation!!

Post Thanks / Like

Even cast members were having trouble with internet/apps inthe parks last week. We have always carried a little sheet of paper with us and you will have an easy time navigating your FP+ and dining. I am the only member of the family that has a smartphone- my husband likes his old style flip phone.

One thing I have noticed- you don't ave to have those long reservation numbers for dining. They just look up by name. I don't write them in my notes but they are on my phone if anyone asks.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Even cast members were having trouble with internet/apps inthe parks last week. We have always carried a little sheet of paper with us and you will have an easy time navigating your FP+ and dining. I am the only member of the family that has a smartphone- my husband likes his old style flip phone.

One thing I have noticed- you don't ave to have those long reservation numbers for dining. They just look up by name. I don't write them in my notes but they are on my phone if anyone asks.
    That's awesome ~ thanks! I usually keep one list that has all confirmation #s including resort, tickets, dining ressies & anything else that I booked that gave me a number for backup. I have a quick reference calendar style list that I use en route and I give a copy to every one in the group in case we all go separate ways and want to meet up later.

*sigh* I do sound neurotic. I'll try the app on my iTouch though. Sounds like it will be needed.

Thanks, everyone! Oh yeah ~ Merry Christmas!
    Shannon

Post Thanks / Like

EBF:

I applaud your effort to keep the technology at bay during vacation. One of the best things about WDW is just absorbing all of the hub-bub, energy, beauty, design, thought behind,and creativity in the parks and sharing that with your travel mates. You just can't do that with your face staring at a screen.

With that said, I have a smartphone but I am not tied to it like a lot of people. I did have the phone with me for the MDE app like others have said. It had everything I needed; FP+, ticket to MVMCP, wait times, the whole nine yards. I would at least let one person have the phone but make them promise to not check mail or messages.
    Be kind to one another.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a smart phone, but my luck - I have a Windows phone so no MDE app for me.

Ill have it on my ipad in the room and might have my son bring his ipod touch since he also has a windows phone, so again no MDE for our phones.

BUT, because batteries die, wifi can be spotty, etc - we always have an index card - one per day, with our ressies on it. FP and Dinner - and times for the parks also on it. Its easy to put in the bag we carry and easy to pull out and reference.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, with my recent trip its almost required to take a phone along with wearing the bands. I wish we could completely "unplug" from the real world while at WDW, but to really get the most you're going to need to bring a phone.

Consider it another guest who Disney lets in for free.

Jimmy Thick- Dreaming of android sheep...
    Disney Forum Legend/ Published Author / Disney Stock Holder / Marine / Police Officer / Loving Husband and Father / World of Warcraft addict / Fantasy Football Champion...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: