Quantcast Current "free gift" with purchase offer?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Current "free gift" with purchase offer?

Does anyone know if or what the free gift with purchase offer(s) are that are currently ongoing. Or if its a discounted cost, what that is.

Our last two visits (2010 & 2012), both times in Nov/Dec they had either different fleece blankets, handbags and in one instance a travel duffel bag as the free gift with $35 (maybe $50) in purchases.

We are heading down last week of January, just wondering if this is still being offered and if so, what to expect. Just trying to ready myself ahead of time for the usual should we/shouldn't we debate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't ever recall the "gift" being free. It's more of a promotional item that you can buy for "x" amount with a store purchase of "x" amount.

For example the last time I bought one of these promotional items it was a nice Walt Disney World fleece blanket. It was something like "purchase the blanket for only $19.95 with a store purchase of $40 or more".

Not sure what items are being offered at this time, but I've never taken a Disney trip where there weren't at least 2-3 items of these promotions going on. Hopefully someone who has been to the parks recently will come along soon.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I don't ever recall the "gift" being free. It's more of a promotional item that you can buy for "x" amount with a store purchase of "x" amount.

For example the last time I bought one of these promotional items it was a nice Walt Disney World fleece blanket. It was something like "purchase the blanket for only $19.95 with a store purchase of $40 or more".

Not sure what items are being offered at this time, but I've never taken a Disney trip where there weren't at least 2-3 items of these promotions going on. Hopefully someone who has been to the parks recently will come along soon.
    The more I think of it, I think you are correct. I seem to recall (with 3 kids) that the clerk allowed us to buy all 3 fleece blankets after one qualifying purchase. They wouldn't do that if it was free.

$19.95 sounds about right from what I now remember. I just don't recall what the qualifying purchase total had to be.

Hopefully as you said, a recent attendee can fill in the gaps.

Post Thanks / Like

Id like to know as well. I bought fleece blankets on the last two trips and love the quality. Hoping they have a new 2015 design
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from the world on Saturday.

They had the usual; a fleece blanket and a string closure type bag. Blanket was $19.95 with a purchase of $50.00 or more. I "think" the bag was $14.95 or $15.95, can't remember exactly which, with a purchase of $40.00 or more.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I bought the blanket today. 19.99 w $40 purchase. I only spent $30 and they were still plenty willing to sell it to me. It looks very nice, and I have bought others and always been very happy.
    Disney more times than I can remember.
    Have stayed at Fort Wilderness, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to buy JUST the blanket, it is $29.95. You get it for $19.95 with a $40 purchase. So it is $10 off. The blankets are nice and thick. Good deal at $20, but overpriced at $30. A similar blanket at a local store would be $20.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

They frequently sell the bonus items at advertised price even if you don't spend the posted amount. Maybe depends on stock levels?
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

At World of Disney store at DTD the CM was a bit more strict. We ended up buying 3 of the fleece blankets (one for each kid) and since our total, pre-blanket purchase, was over $120 she let me get three, but she was holding me to the $40 purchase and as long as I exceeded $120 I was ok to get more three.

I liked the blanket, a light powder blue with the old classic Disney lettering, touting Disney World as the vacation capital. Reminded me of a '50-60's postcard.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this info. I have the throw that had the castle in ice on it. I had the one with Mickey and the monorail but it didn't hold up as well as the castle. Time to replace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn J Mc View Post
    Thanks for this info. I have the throw that had the castle in ice on it. I had the one with Mickey and the monorail but it didn't hold up as well as the castle. Time to replace.
    We have both of those too. We have fleece throws from 2010-12-15. They aren't super warm, but they feel nice, the kids like cuddling up with them and they look good too. Cats like lying on them, that's for certain.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone else remembers, but years ago (maybe 7 or so) there was a coupon for a free blanket in the itinerary book they sent. I remember getting it at one of the stores on Main Street. I still have the blanket but can't tell you what's on it as I never took it out of the package. I know this will never happen again so it's a keepsake!

Post Thanks / Like

I got 2 of the fleece blankets. Husband said they "fleeced" me - but I liked them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The bag

The bag is reversible, and I actually like it on the "inside" side showing outside.

http://gyazo.com/d2057ce94a5fc1eaa346559a267a7e8f

There's a picture of it. I use it for work everyday and I love it. I might by another just because I love it so much. Much better than one I got a few years back that was a metallic vinyl.

You can never go wrong with throw blankets either, especially with it being so cold!
    Laura
    VMK: CL_MissAstroCat

Jan 1982-1992-OS • July 1993 - DL Paris • June 1995-ASM • Mar 1998-OS • Jan 2001-OS • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR&AKL • Mar 2015 - POFQ & HilBV • May 2015 - ASSp • Mar 2016 - CB & HilBV

Post Thanks / Like

id sorta like something different..got a few throws. and i dont use bags..how about a watch, pin, poster, shirt,
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM