Quantcast Warm Weather Getaway, day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warm Weather Getaway, day 2

Today was a hard day in terms of getting up and out. We planned on morning mass for the holy day but missed the two times that could work. Thankfully I had canceled Yachtsman Steakhouse and pushed back Brown Derby lunch to dinner instead. So by the time we got out of the room it was nearly lunch time. We ate from the Beach Club marketplace in the solarium which was really nice and helped us relax a little. We realized that with the rain and cold we would be better off resort hopping than going to Hollywood Studios. We bought ponchos and went next door to admire the Yacht Club train which was sadly not running but still we enjoyed the display and tree. We spent so much time there that we didn't make it over to the Boardwalk. We just missed the Friendship Boat to HS which was pushing off when we arrived and so we huddled for 15 min under the lighthouse. Finally, we made it and had pictures taken on the HS Main Street and the preschooler refused to be in them. We went to Brown Derby early and waited. It was chaos there, packed, and despite my excitement at this being our first time there I was exhausted from a challenging day. I got the famous Cobb salad which was ok, ordered chicken soup off the kids menu for the baby, pulling out and feeding him the soft small pieces of meat and veggies (one of my few brilliant ideas, lol). My husband did't really care for his meal and we were wiped out. Still, we headed for the light show. My husband stopped for popcorn (his favorite tray of the week) and there was a band near the sorcerers hat playing "play that funky music white boy" song and my 4 year old started dancing, his first truly happy moment. I spun him around a bit and we went to see the lights. They were awesome, one of our highlights from the trip. When the dramatic music started playing and the lights went out everyone stopped, we didn't know what was coming and then wow! Amazing!
    Thankfully we just made it on the friendship boat back to the resort and called it a night.
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Osborne Lights are just wonderful - so mesmerizing!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Still, we headed for the light show. My husband stopped for popcorn (his favorite tray of the week) and there was a band near the sorcerers hat playing "play that funky music white boy" song and my 4 year old started dancing, his first truly happy moment.
    I am glad that DS found his happy place - I hope he has many more on the trip!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

The Osborne Family Lights are AWESOME! And, so happy to hear your little one found a happy moment!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017