Quantcast Can you just drive to a Disney Resort hotel with NO reservation and get a room?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can you just drive to a Disney Resort hotel with NO reservation and get a room?

Has anyone ever driven to a Disney resort hotel and gone to the front desk and asked for a room just like you would do on any road trip?

1) Would the Disney parking guards even let you into the parking lot if you told them this is what you were going to do?

2) Each day, Disney surely must have some no-shows, early departures or just some empty rooms -so has anyone ever tried it? And what was the result?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can, yes. However, you would have to pay full rack rate which is ridiculously high at Disney hotels. I definitely wouldn't recommend doing it unless you just have money to burn, but it is possible.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Often you will see billboards on the side of I-4 advertising rooms available at WDW, along with a number to call.

We did this on a drive down a couple years ago. We changed our plans last minute and wanted to stay on property so I called a couple hours before we arrived and did snag a Cars Family Suite with a military discount for that night.

I wouldn't recommend pulling up to one of the hotels randomly because you may need to go to several before you find one with vacancy. That day I called, at that point there were literally only 3 choices of resorts with empty rooms. It was a GF suite, BW Villas and the AoA family suites. That was midweek at the end of August.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

You can ,but you will not want to due to the rate you will pay. I did this once and the rate was super high so I went and sat in a chair and booked it on line for half the price. then walked back to the counter to check in..lol It is really silly you have to pay so much if your there in person. That should be a little perk for a discount, but nope!
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

On one of our trips we were leaving after our weeklong stay. On the way out we decided to have lunch at Wilderness Lodge before starting the drive home. DH decided he really missed WL ( our favorite Disney resort) and headed straight to the check in desk to see if any rooms were available for us to stay one more night. He could have paid rack rate at the desk, but when he asked about the military discount he was told to call the reservation number to make the reservation. We called from the lobby and booked a room for that night.

We have called from the car a few hours out several times. We tend to leave home a day before our reservations start and most times we drive straight through, arriving the night before our reservations. We have even called once we get on property and have never had any issues getting something. It helps that we can use the military discount last minute. Otherwise we would be stuck paying rack rates.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I actually saw a couple do this one time.

They had no ressie, and tried to just get a room at the check-in counter. They were told that they couldn't give them a room, and that they would have to call Disney to do it.

So, the couple called the reservations line, booked the room, then went back up to the counter to check in.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago, we arrived earlier than expected driving from Michigan. We decided to see if POP had rooms, went to front desk, the cast member dialed the number, handed me the phone, said make sure you ask for a discount. We got a room for a great rate-more than 40% off. You can always try, but it may not always work.
    Disney more times than I can remember.
    Have stayed at Fort Wilderness, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

We called from the car back in '05 when we were about 5 hours away. We got a great, affordable room (under $200 at the time) at WL. It is still my favorite room location at the WL to date.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: