Quantcast How does it work with lines and wheelchairs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How does it work with lines and wheelchairs

Can you go thru the lines with your wheelchair? I am confused on how this works and can't find info. My son can walk but has Muscular Dystrophy and tires out easily. Some of the lines are a long walk and I'm afraid that by mid day he will be wiped out if he has to walk thru every line. Thanks!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Not a problem at all! You can take the wheelchair through 98% of the lines.

For the other 2%, there are a couple rides with alternate entrances (like Spaceship Earth) and one (PeopleMover) where you have to leave the wheelchair at the bottom of the ramps, and go up the ramps and then get into the cars.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Adding to the great info "ibelieveindisneymagic" shared, at the front of every attraction line there are one or two cast members that will explain any special process needed for a wheelchair. Most of the time they'll just wave you on to the normal line.

Hope you and yours have a great time!
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

We had our first experience with wheelchair guests in our Party this past December (We had one wheelchair guest and one electric scooter guest). I was very impressed with how well Disney handled this. Being new to the process, I went to the entrance of every attraction and asked how it worked for that attraction. Most attractions allowed the wheelchair to go all the way in. The three I remember being unique were Tomorrowland Transit (Peoplemover), already described by previous poster, Spaceship Earth, which has a special entrance inside the post-ride game area, and Tower of Terror, where our scooter guest had to transfer to a Disney wheelchair outside the entrance.

When in doubt, ask, and Disney will make sure you are taken care of.
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Post Thanks / Like

On our last visit we too had an electric scooter & wheelchair. On several rides the wheelchair was put right on the car with no transferring (small world, winnie the pooh) on these rides & a few others we were asked if we wanted to ride again without getting out & back into line. This was so nice & convenient as well as a little pinch of Disney magic. If the opportunity is given, take it. If your son wishes to ride again,ask a CM before disembarking especially if transferring was involved. The only ride we experienced any issues with was splash mountain bc of the wet seats & requirement of climbing onto the bench seat to get into position. I hope you all have a magical trip.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you I would also look into the Disability Access Services (DAS) Card program. Just Google it or look in up on the Disney Site.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like