Quantcast Poly People Day 3!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly People Day 3!

Morning Poly. Ok, this is weird, I wake up to kind of swollen lips. Not horribly so, they just look like I got collagen injections or something., and they look like I have lipstick on. What?? They don't bother me at all, they don't hurt or itch, but they are different for sure. I think I must have had an allergic reaction to something I ate at Boma the night before?? We all spend some time being slightly amused by my lips, and I oddly think this allergic reaction looks good on me, hahaa!!! They don't bother me, so we move on with the day. Breakfast in the lounge, then we drive over to DHS. We are excited for the weather today, it looks like it will almost hit 80 degrees and the sun is beaming down. This is an amazing treat for us. It has been very long since we could feel the warm sun, see green trees and beautiful flowers, we are all in a good space.

I was excited too, because I was able to switch an afternoon TSM fastpass to before lunch. Excellent. Checking and rechecking paid off. First up, fastpasses for the Frozen sing along. We are all feeling slightly awkward in line for this as we seem to be the only family without at least one little girl in tow. Heads up that if you have plans to do this, it takes up at least an hour of your day. The fastpass line was huge, we waited in that 15 mins, then another 20 mins in the theater before the show started, then the show itself was 1/2 hour long. This was making me edgy because I just wanted to be outside! And when the show started it seemed very childish, but it did get better and very entertaining as it moved along. Glad to see this new show, we would not repeat it though.

Next up was TSM fastpasses. I hold my band up to the mouse scanner, and nothing, it turns blue. Same for my husband. I spend time trying to tell them that we do have fastpasses, our bands JUST worked on Frozen. I attempt to show them by pulling up my plans on My Disney Experience, and the app won't load. 4 cast members gather around to hear my tale of woe. My kids bands worked, the CM's saw that, so they rigged it somehow, so mine and DH's worked too. They seemed suspicious the entire time. Then I was worried about the rest of our plans. What if I couldn't pull up the app? My mind got the best of me, but by the time we were ready to ride, the app eventually loaded and all of my future plans showed up. Whew!

After TSM we headed to Great Movie ride. It was a walk on. Ok, do they even have the cowboy scene anymore? In the past 7 years, in all of our multiple trips, we ALWAYS get the gangster scene. Always. My family doesn't even remember a cowboy scene nor do they believe me at this point!

Off to Sci fi for lunch. This is a must do for us. The movie clips make me all warm and fuzzy inside, never gets old to me. However, the food does. I just don't love the food there. And I'm not picky. I got the Salmon BLT, I couldn't find any bacon on it, but whatever, it's probably better I'm not eating bacon anyways, and the turkey sandwich my son had was pretty blah, DH thought his reuben was ok, and Khloe had the special burger of the day. It was some sort of eggplant parm burger and it could have fed all four of us. 100 dollars later we were on our way. (we had onion rings too, they were the best part of the meal!)

Ok, now it's beautiful out. The sun beckoned us, so we decided to head back to the Poly to relax. One last look at that sorry hat and we were on our way. We were passing the Trolley car Starbucks on the way out and they were recruiting people to be testers. Dang it, I just missed it. I have a soy latte obsession, so I was pretty bummed out. Plus, I wanted another mug.. Oh well, something to look forward to next time.

Back to the Poly, swimsuits on and off to the quiet pool! It is no longer a quiet pool while the Volcano pool is out of commission, so that was fun. Music, games, hula hoops. All the things I love. We played ball in the pool for almost an hour. We sunned, played with lizards, just relaxed, and felt awesome. Really awesome. Downtime at its best. We were out there for hours.

We headed inside to the lounge where they were holding a super bowl party! Wings, snacks, big screen TV etc...we watched some of the game, and didn't eat too much because next up was Ohanas!

I dragged us all away to get ready for Ohana's. Our most favorite place ever. Inside or outside of Disney. We were seated within 5 minutes. Window seat near fire cooking area. Woot woot! Let the feast begin. And it did, and it was amazing, and the peanut sauce and the yum!! The shrimp are the bombdiggety. The steak is almost raw though, it is so pink I couldn't handle it. Asking for some well done took it to the other extreme. It was like a test of tooth strength. It was burnt to say the least. Sigh. That wasn't good. But everything else was divine and the bread pudding pushed it over the top. Ok, not good. I felt more than slightly uncomfortable. I don't eat this way at home, and as much as I loved it, it didn't necessarily feel good to be this full. Ugh.

We decided to walk it off a bit, we headed on the path to Grand Flo. It was a beautiful walk, delightful really. We relaxed in the lobby a bit, explored Basin, then the boys headed to Mizners to watch the end of the big game. Khloe and I ducked in and out of the lounge there, but honestly, we don't care about it. It was fun tho, to be part of the energy of the crowd. After the game, we did the monorail loop back to the Poly. What a full day, what a great day. Night night Poly.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice day - glad Toy Story Mania worked out for you despite the glitches!

Food issues seemed to be your biggest challenge of the day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa,

Beautiful sunny day Disney day makes me Happy!!!!!

Glad you had a great sunny magical day!!!

Julie

P.S. I have had allergic reactions in the past that have affected my lips. I'm glad for you they didn't itch or bother you!!!
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to Disney 40+ times and don't recall ever seeing the cowboy skit.

17 days
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

In all of my Great Movie Ride visits, I've only had the cowboy scene twice-- and I love it, so that's a shame. I almost always get the gangster scene, and I think the gangster scene is the only one they actually run when the crowds are low (though I could be totally wrong on that).

I'm headed to Boma for breakfast in a few weeks and I hope I have what you had, haha. I could use more lip.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I agree it has been years since we have seen the cowboy scene. I was just asking my husband and he had to think about it. In all the years and times we have gone I think we have had the cowboy scene twice.

Post Thanks / Like

DHS is always fun to me. We must ride opposite of your family because we always seem to get the cowboy scene.
    Sounds like another wonderful day in the Happiest Place on Earth!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

We get the gangster scene most times- but this past September we had the cowboy scene twice- a week apart. The fire was really impressive- much bigger than I remembered from years ago. Hope you get to see it again soon!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

We rode the Movie Ride twice on our last visit and the second time we just asked to be put in the opposite car than first time through - insuring we'd get to see the different theme than the first time. I don't remember which is gangster and which is cowboy, but it's always the same - front cars are one and back cars are the other.

Thanks for your reports. Sounded fun!
    Next up - January '14 - WL

March '13 - POR; May '12 - AKL; Oct. '12 - GF; Feb '11 - SSR; Oct '10 - BC; Feb '09 - Poly; Feb '08 - WL; Feb '06 - POR; April '04 - ASM; Nov '02 - POR; Jan '00 - CSR; Feb '98 - POR; Oct '96 - CBR; Sept '94 - BC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: