Quantcast Bob Chapek Named Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Another step toward turning the theme parks into shopping centers with a $100 cover charge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    manutd1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    What you really need to do is look at the numbers... Iger has actually been WORSE for Disney, numbers wise... Not just the theme parks, which he really doesn't care about...

I'm not going to sit here doing the research for people... The numbers are there... Crunch them, do spreadsheets... Compare them to Eisner's first 10 years as CEO, then come back to me and tell me Iger is an excellent CEO... Hint: he hasn't been...

Where Disney used to be a creative company, Iger has killed that... Under Iger there has been no creativity... He made the move any sane person would have, getting Pixar under the company's wings... Why? Cause they needed Pixar... If Pixar left, Disney animation would have died... We can blame Eisner for Pixar almost leaving, but can't credit Iger.. he made the only move he could... And All Iger has done is become an IP collector... They don't create their own anymore... Star Wars (I hope they don't ruin Star Wars by shoving it down our throats like they did Frozen, making people sick of it), Marvel.. All no brainers... But again, only necessary cause Iger has no creative juices in his rigid body... None...

And you loss points quoting Lou Mongello... He is the WORST person to use as a source for anything and a terrible choice for defending your opinion... Find unbiased sources... Not ones who are paid by the company to spew their "pixie dust"....
    When you say numbers....WD company has increased its not only stock price but overall value at a much higher percentage under Iger than ANY other CEO.
    And, EVERYTHING you pointed out is just your opinion. Nothing more or less. Just like mine. I say WDW is much better than in the past. But, if you want numbers as in what the company is worth before Iger and after...It has never increased as a % as much as it has under Iger. He has been one of the most successful CEO's in the corporate world. And, the companies he bought...not "create".as you said...is exactly what Walt Disney did when he started animation...he employed or "bought" the best...Pixar is arguably the best...so buy it. Steve Jobs once said..."if you can't beat something....buy it..make it yours." Its great business and exactly what Disney has done in the past and will do in the future. Don't get me wrong, I support your opinions as YOURS..but thats where they end.. They are fact only to you.
    Maybe not to others...
    And your Lou Mongello opinion.... I have heard nothing but good about him...from EVERYONE...but you.. And, When people get "sources" it has to come from some where...we can't pick and choose what source is better than others..thats also an opinion. I may think your sources are incorrect.
    Again, just your opinion...but you seem to have a distaste for folks that actually think Disney is moving in the right direction...Cheer up things and WDW/DLR is gonna be ok...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manutd1 View Post
    When you say numbers....WD company has increased its not only stock price but overall value at a much higher percentage under Iger than ANY other CEO.
    And, EVERYTHING you pointed out is just your opinion. Nothing more or less. Just like mine. I say WDW is much better than in the past. But, if you want numbers as in what the company is worth before Iger and after...It has never increased as a % as much as it has under Iger. He has been one of the most successful CEO's in the corporate world. And, the companies he bought...not "create".as you said...is exactly what Walt Disney did when he started animation...he employed or "bought" the best...Pixar is arguably the best...so buy it. Steve Jobs once said..."if you can't beat something....buy it..make it yours." Its great business and exactly what Disney has done in the past and will do in the future. Don't get me wrong, I support your opinions as YOURS..but thats where they end.. They are fact only to you.
    Maybe not to others...
    And your Lou Mongello opinion.... I have heard nothing but good about him...from EVERYONE...but you.. And, When people get "sources" it has to come from some where...we can't pick and choose what source is better than others..thats also an opinion. I may think your sources are incorrect.
    Again, just your opinion...but you seem to have a distaste for folks that actually think Disney is moving in the right direction...Cheer up things and WDW/DLR is gonna be ok...
    I would suggest you look to see how many times the stock was over $100 under Eisner, and how many times the stock was split under Eisner, then look to see how many times the stock has hit $100 under Iger, and how many times it has split...

Also, stock price isn't the only number when looking into success as a CEO... There are margins, etc... Eisner's numbers were much better the first ten years of his CEO stewardship then Iger's...

Walt Disney took someone else's ideas and made them his... No one disputes that.. But Walt was also a creative... Eisner was also a creative... The company lost that creative edge when Eisner turned to being a money man, and it has followed under Iger, who is just a money man... Iger has stayed 5 years too long as a CEO... Like Eisner, like any CEO, they outstay their usefulness and welcome... Iger has... Time to go... Credit to him for turning the COMPANY around after Eisner slowly started to destroy it (by over staying)... Iger is now in that territory... And yes, Iger has been bad for the parks...

Sources about what? Mongello? Nothing but good things from who? Disney fans who think he is the messiah? Mongello is bought and paid for, he is totally biased... That is like using MSNBC or Fox News as an unbiased source... Doesn't work... Again, he is bought and paid for... So he isn't the best person to site when trying to defend your position... And as far as him being a nice person, don't know don't care.. I don't ever care to be in his presence.. Not after I saw him in action during the 40th, and after what a friend told me after have the misfortune of being in his company during one of the 24 parties at MK...

It's all good if you like Iger.. I did at first... But I looked at reality with him... I looked at his complete numbers, not just the stuff they want to feed to look good... I look at his over all job... He isn't a great CEO, far from it.. He can't compete... He just buys cause he isn't creative... He took the company from the abyss from Eisner, but he is now starting to lead them to that same abyss... Time to go... And no, Staggs isn't the answer... Maybe Kevin Feige from Marvel?

I do want to say, I do enjoy your posts... And want to thank you for what has been a nice civil debate... And I do respect your opinions, if you didn't think so... I'll apologize if I came off not respecting your opinions...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

manutd1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I would suggest you look to see how many times the stock was over $100 under Eisner, and how many times the stock was split under Eisner, then look to see how many times the stock has hit $100 under Iger, and how many times it has split...

Also, stock price isn't the only number when looking into success as a CEO... There are margins, etc... Eisner's numbers were much better the first ten years of his CEO stewardship then Iger's...

Walt Disney took someone else's ideas and made them his... No one disputes that.. But Walt was also a creative... Eisner was also a creative... The company lost that creative edge when Eisner turned to being a money man, and it has followed under Iger, who is just a money man... Iger has stayed 5 years too long as a CEO... Like Eisner, like any CEO, they outstay their usefulness and welcome... Iger has... Time to go... Credit to him for turning the COMPANY around after Eisner slowly started to destroy it (by over staying)... Iger is now in that territory... And yes, Iger has been bad for the parks...

Sources about what? Mongello? Nothing but good things from who? Disney fans who think he is the messiah? Mongello is bought and paid for, he is totally biased... That is like using MSNBC or Fox News as an unbiased source... Doesn't work... Again, he is bought and paid for... So he isn't the best person to site when trying to defend your position... And as far as him being a nice person, don't know don't care.. I don't ever care to be in his presence.. Not after I saw him in action during the 40th, and after what a friend told me after have the misfortune of being in his company during one of the 24 parties at MK...

It's all good if you like Iger.. I did at first... But I looked at reality with him... I looked at his complete numbers, not just the stuff they want to feed to look good... I look at his over all job... He isn't a great CEO, far from it.. He can't compete... He just buys cause he isn't creative... He took the company from the abyss from Eisner, but he is now starting to lead them to that same abyss... Time to go... And no, Staggs isn't the answer... Maybe Kevin Feige from Marvel?

I do want to say, I do enjoy your posts... And want to thank you for what has been a nice civil debate... And I do respect your opinions, if you didn't think so... I'll apologize if I came off not respecting your opinions...
    Its all fine..
    I love a good debate. Nothing personal....Never will be. Peace

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manutd1 View Post
    Its all fine..
    I love a good debate. Nothing personal....Never will be. Peace
    Same here

I think there is one thing we can all agree on, we are all fans of Disney and WDW, and we all want to see them be their best...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: