Quantcast Any tips for first timers at FW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any tips for first timers at FW?

My family and I are so excited in less than a month we will be heading to Walt Disney World! We have done WDW several different ways but as our family has grown (we are a total of 6 now) we have fewer and fewer options in making our trips affordable. We did some research and found out we could rent a 5th wheel and camp at FW! YAY!!! As we start preparing I was wondering if there were things we might be missing...so...I thought I'd ask some experienced folk. What are must haves and does or even do nots, while staying at the campground? I believe we will be in loop 1100 somewhere. We are getting a cart too. Thanks in advance for all y'alls help
    Amy
    First trip in 1983...at 5 yrs old and have been hooked ever since!
    Next trip: Last week in April 2015 at Fort Wilderness Campground

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Fort Wilderness is a lovely location!! We have always enjoyed our stays in the campground.

Make sure you make some time to sit in a rocker on the porch of Pioneer Hall and just do so some people watching - very relaxing.

You'll also be close to the Chip n Dale campfire and movie which might be a fun look/see.

If you're looking to spend some down time in the campground, you can rent bicycles and bike around the campsites, canoes and paddle through the canals, and even fishing poles (catch and release only).
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Watch the magic kingdom .fireworks from the boat docks.my dwand I stayed our first time in our camper last dec, and walked down to the docks to watch them.we were close enough (loop 400) that it was an easy stroll .almost forgot they had the water parade floats come by too

Post Thanks / Like

Default My must do

I agree with the others. I want to add that one of my "must dos" at least once each trip is the electric water parade. It usually happens at 9:45 each evening, so if you go to the beach to watch the Wishes fireworks, just go a bit earlier and enjoy this classic first.
    Wayne
    Most recent:
    Fort Wilderness November 2014
    Fort Wilderness January 2015
    Fort Wilderness March 2015
    Fort Wilderness June 2015
    Fort Wilderness September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend dedicating one night to the campfire. We enjoyed that a lot and we are surprised they don't charge admission for it.

(assuming they still do it - it's been a couple years since I was there)
    Offsite 8/1998 - CB 9/2001- AS Movies 9/2002 - AS Music 5/2004 - AS Sports 9/2006 - Pop 5/2007 - AKL 7/2009 - POR 3/2011 - POR 11/2011- FW Campground 10/2013 - UO LRP Spring 2015 - FW Campground 10/2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: