Quantcast Upgrading new Hoppers to AP and impact on FP+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Upgrading new Hoppers to AP and impact on FP+

We have an upcoming trip that I already purchased 8 day hoppers for. They are all registered and FP+ selections made. I just learned that we will be able to fit in a trip over Thanksgiving as well, so I want to upgrade the Hoppers to APs..
    I know we can do that (I assume at customer relations outside Epcot - where we will be our first day) so we get full credit for the upgrade price to APs. ... correct?

The bigger question is one of how will upgrading the existing tickets to APs have on the already in place FP+ selections? This will be our 6th trip since FP+ went in and always seem to encounter an odd problem.. losing selections for some party members.. magically disappearing and reappearing FP+s ..

.. anyway anyone upgrade existing tickets to APs before and was there any impact on existing FP+ res?
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've done it twice, no impact what so ever.
    worked flawlessly.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Did you do the upgrade at customer relations outside or inside the park after you entered?

Post Thanks / Like

In October we did the upgrade from 10day tickets to AP. We did the upgrade outside the parks prior to using the tickets for the first time. No problem with the upgrade and no issue with fp+.

Where we did have a problem though was with the expiration date of the APs. After the upgrade, and several hours later, I checked MDE and it showed the expiration date of our passes as July 4 instead of October 1. July 4 was the date the 10 day tickets were purchased. The CM had neglected to update the date. A quick visit to guest services fixed the problem. But hang onto the paperwork you get when you upgrade, and verify the expiration dates on your MDE account.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Biggeek View Post
    Did you do the upgrade at customer relations outside or inside the park after you entered?
    We've done it both ways. First time we activated our passes, when went to customer service later in the day. Second time we went to CS before entering the park.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Fast passes aren't tied to your tickets, they are tied to your MDE account. You just need to have tickets on your account in order to make FP selections, you don't need to use those tickets for admission.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I totally forgot they were actually tied to the MDE account.. that's why i can rotate any of my magic bands day to day and they all work.. lol

At some point they're going to have to allow us to actually delete things from our account rather than just 'deactivate' .. my family's is getting way cluttered now..

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: