Quantcast Guest Treatment from Team Members - Bad Experience - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that 30-45 minutes in line without a phone would be just fine with me--longer, if necessary. But truly it's a non-issue with me because I would almost never wait in line longer than that, not for Disney or Universal (I say almost since my son and I waited an hour in the Gringott's line because the ride broke down and we decided to wait it out, since we wanted to ride on it together the first time. And we didn't have our phones with us either. And yes, it was tedious.) Having lived in Central Florida and being able to go to the theme parks whenever we wanted there is no ride/attraction that I need to do so badly that I would wait longer than that (except that time with Gringott's). And there are much more fun things to do as a family than wait in long lines, IMO.

Anyway, the bottom line to me is the rules are the rules and people can either take it or leave it, but they shouldn't be outraged. Either they're okay with the metal detectors and leaving their personal items in the lockers or the can move on to the next ride, next theme park, whatever.

What kind of bothers me about this discussion is the use of the word pathetic (or even sad) to judge someone else's actions. I think people can state, as some have done, like John, that something is not for them or that their family prefers to do things another way, which is fine. But to say that that others are pathetic because they don't feel or act the same way just doesn't settle right with me. Who are we to judge?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

And to the LittleSpirit02--sorry again for your experience at Dragon Challenge, no one deserves to be yelled at in a place where they went to have fun. As people get used to the new safety measures, hopefully there will less confusion and stress for everyone.

Sorry your thread got sidetracked too.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    And to the LittleSpirit02--sorry again for your experience at Dragon Challenge, no one deserves to be yelled at in a place where they went to have fun. As people get used to the new safety measures, hopefully there will less confusion and stress for everyone.

Sorry your thread got sidetracked too.
    Haha! No worries!

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Funny you mention that - we ended up talking to a family on the monorail during one trip because of our "family shirt". I ended up taking the girl my age in that family to my prom and I went to hers. Talk about connecting

My parents have remained connected to them ever since our trip back when I was a teen. CRAZY!

That is a great Disney story!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

The test phase is over... The metal detectors are now permanent...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    The test phase is over... The metal detectors are now permanent...
    Which attractions have the metal detectors? And I guess my other question is for those that do not have metal detectors can you still leave stuff in your pockets?
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Which attractions have the metal detectors? And I guess my other question is for those that do not have metal detectors can you still leave stuff in your pockets?
    Rip Ride Rocket, Dragon Challenge, Hulk coaster...

No idea about the other attractions and rules relating to items in your pockets... I think the issues were only with the three coasters...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Tink1 View Post
    my thought is:

they cannot trust that anything you have in your pockets will not be removed during the ride. Example: You go through with cell phone zipped in pocket. Ride starts, you go up the hill, take phone out to selfie the ride. Phone can then fly out of your hands.

(Look at the amount of people who cannot follow "no flash photography".)

So since people cannot be trusted to follow simple rules, stricter ones had to be put in place and enforced. Metal Detectors at the ride are part of the enforcement.

Nanc
    I agree. They have thrill rides and I think that requires stricter rules. Anything in a pocket can be taken out once the ride begins - nothing personal just a good blanket rule.

We have been to UO many times and I've never had problems with their CMs. I agree with them and appreciate the CMs that spend their day enforcing rules for my safety on a ride.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    We have been to UO many times and I've never had problems with their CMs. I agree with them and appreciate the CMs that spend their day enforcing rules for my safety on a ride.
    I only had one issue with their Team Members... It was so bad, they refunded me and my friends our money for Halloween horror Nights tickets, which they clearly state they will not refund... A guest services manager decided to get into it with us as well... I cancelled my annual pass at that point due to the treatment...

As a courtesy, Guest Services did offer me two comp tickets to give their parks another chance... and I took them up on their offer... And fell in love with their parks... I've been looking forward to going back ever since 2013... I need to see Diagon Alley!!!

Oh and I haven't had any other issues with their team members since that one unfortunate incident... They are light years better than they used to be, ever since Comcast took over...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I only had one issue with their Team Members... It was so bad, they refunded me and my friends our money for Halloween horror Nights tickets, which they clearly state they will not refund... A guest services manager decided to get into it with us as well... I cancelled my annual pass at that point due to the treatment...

As a courtesy, Guest Services did offer me two comp tickets to give their parks another chance... and I took them up on their offer... And fell in love with their parks... I've been looking forward to going back ever since 2013... I need to see Diagon Alley!!!

Oh and I haven't had any other issues with their team members since that one unfortunate incident... They are light years better than they used to be, ever since Comcast took over...

Funny you mentioned that....While we did not have a problem with a staff member, last year I bought quick service meal tickets for my son and his two friends so they didn't have to carry a lot of money around for lunch . They worked out perfect for the first three days. On the fourth and final day their system went down and the boys had to pay cash for lunch. I had to spend time finding the boys and going to guest services to get a refund for the unused meal tickets. It was a little annoying because we were at IOA and the boys were at the Studio and we needed to hand in the tickets before getting a refund...So here is where the story gets interesting. A guest service member took my husband and I through the shortcut from one park to the next. We were really behind the scenes. We went through staff only gates and were told to meet the boys at the Men in Black attraction because there was a guest service member there to do the refund. Once we got to MIB, guest services processed the refund and told us they were going to do something special for us. They took all 5 of us into the Men in Black Attraction and onto the floor where no one else can go. It was so funny because everyone in line above us were staring and pointing like we were VIP's. I saw someone take our picture (I guess they thought we might be important). We got to take pictures of our group with the Aliens at the Control Desk. We sat in the White Funky Chairs and signed the Interstellar Passport Book. When we were done taking pictures we were taken to the front of the line for the ride. It was so unexpected, but so cool. Even though the boys were 16 at the time, they got a big kick out of it.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Funny you mentioned that....While we did not have a problem with a staff member, last year I bought quick service meal tickets for my son and his two friends so they didn't have to carry a lot of money around for lunch . They worked out perfect for the first three days. On the fourth and final day their system went down and the boys had to pay cash for lunch. I had to spend time finding the boys and going to guest services to get a refund for the unused meal tickets. It was a little annoying because we were at IOA and the boys were at the Studio and we needed to hand in the tickets before getting a refund...So here is where the story gets interesting. A guest service member took my husband and I through the shortcut from one park to the next. We were really behind the scenes. We went through staff only gates and were told to meet the boys at the Men in Black attraction because there was a guest service member there to do the refund. Once we got to MIB, guest services processed the refund and told us they were going to do something special for us. They took all 5 of us into the Men in Black Attraction and onto the floor where no one else can go. It was so funny because everyone in line above us were staring and pointing like we were VIP's. I saw someone take our picture (I guess they thought we might be important). We got to take pictures of our group with the Aliens at the Control Desk. We sat in the White Funky Chairs and signed the Interstellar Passport Book. When we were done taking pictures we were taken to the front of the line for the ride. It was so unexpected, but so cool. Even though the boys were 16 at the time, they got a big kick out of it.
    I'm not sure I ever shared my story here... I may have, but it's been years now... I'll share it:

My friends and I had tickets to do Halloween Horror Nights... The plan was we would spend the day at Universal, then do HHN at night... I don't remember but I believe we left before 1:00 in the afternoon...

The story begins at the Simpsons attraction... After a long wait, we finally got to be seated... The Team Member seating us had a very nasty attitude... She kept moving people all over in the car... Then she started mouthing off and talking down to us as if we were brain dead idiots... There were 4 in my group and a family of 3 I believe, and she couldn't get us seated to her liking apparently... As I said, she kept making us move... Mind you, every one of us were following her instructions to get seated so we could start the ride... No one was doing anything we weren't supposed to be doing... Another Team Member came over to assist her... Either she was clueless or was having a terrible life, I mean day... Well the berating became enough for me and I stormed off the ride... I refuse to let anyone talk down to me as if I am an idiot...

So, my friends and I went to Guest Services where we lodged a complaint about the treatment... The girl at the front desk had a look of horror on her face, but then said to me "We've been getting a lot of complaints today, let me call the manager from that area over." In the meantime, we requested our money back for the HHN tickets as we told her there was no way we were staying in the park... To her credit, she was a calm as can be and really but the situation at ease.. Until her manager came out from the back... Her manager asked her what the issue was, and she explained how they have received yet another complaint about the Team Member from the Simpsons ride, how it led me to cancel my AP and getting refunded for HHN... The GS manager looks at us and says, "Figures, look at the shirts they are wearing... Disney fans." Well, that did it for me... I don't care what shirt anyone is wearing... There was no need for that comment... So I said to the manager "What does my Pirates of the Caribbean shirt have to do with your Team Member having a nasty attitude and treating guests like garbage?" She rolled her eyes as if I was making things up... Well, right behind us came another family, and they lodged a complaint against the same exact Team Member we just complained about...

The manager of the area Simpsons is located came over and spoke with us.. He apologized 1000 times and said the way we were treated is not how they teach their TMs... He would speak to her and take further action if necessary... I told him I didn't want to see her fired, but at least train the TMs to respect their guests if they want people to actually visit the park... He offered us a free bottle of water each (we refused, we weren't in it for any kind of freebie, we just wanted our money back for the HHN tickets, and to begone)... We left the park...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: