Quantcast Disneyland - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

No Christmas party but there is the Christmas Fantasy parade. It's been running for so long (at least 15 years) I can't even remember when it started. And I LOVE it. Some of the floats have changed, the costumes have been updated, new characters inserted, but it's has basically remained the same. And did I say I LOVE it?!

The fireworks are holiday themed and Haunted Mansion and it's a small world have their holiday overlays. The outside of small world is special too.

Over at DCA the World of Color show is revamped for the holidays.

Decorations are abundant throughout the Resort.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicholsbears View Post

Thanks again for all the tips...very much appreciated.
    Is there a special Christmas parade like at WDW ? Anything special at night like the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party?
    There are no PAID separate ticket events for Christmas because they actually provide the entertainment to everyone, every day. The special holiday parade is fantastic (just try and get that song out of your head once you see it) as is the Holiday Fireworks show. They have special snacks around the parks that are holiday themed, and cookie decorating stations as well for kids (and kids at heart). Over at Big Thunder Ranch, you can see REAL reindeer and meet Santa and listen to some great live music.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you

Thank you so much for the info. Every little tip is appreciated. We're already thinking of Christmas at Disneyland.
    What are everyone's suggestions on rides to get a FastPass for?

Post Thanks / Like

The fastpass system at DL is the way it used to be at WDW. You don't get them a month or two in advance, you just get them when you're in the park. The fastpass systems are different for DL and DCA so you can have fastpasses at both of those parks at the same time. I heard that Toontown was separate as well, but I don't know that for sure.

Peter Pan does not have a fastpass and that one has a line that gets long fast. If that's a ride you want to go on I suggest getting there at park opening and getting in line right away.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know if the Park Hopper passes at Disneyland must be used on consecutive days, or if you can take a break between days.
    Thanx

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know if the Park Hopper passes at Disneyland must be used on consecutive days, or if you can take a break between days.
    Thanx
    You just need to use the passes within 13 days of the first day of use.

I hope you have a great time! It's interesting--a lot of people that are avid WDW fans end up loving Disneyland even more after their first visit. That's the way it was for me and for many of my friends. Knowing that it is the park that Walt built and the fact that you can walk from Disneyland to DCA to Downtown Disney to your resort gives it a much more intimate, homey feel. No buses to wait for (although you can still ride the monorail into Tomorrowland) and no FP+ (thank goodness!) And the holiday overlays make some of the rides very special at Christmastime.

On that note, make sure and see the holiday light show on the exterior of It's a Small World in the evenings. And if you are interested in taking any tours, the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is amazing; during part of the tour you get to go up into the apartment over the firehouse where Walt and his family used to stay. The whole story about Walt's background and how it led to the creation of Disneyland (and therefore Disney World) is very moving. You can book that or any of the other tours 90 days in advance.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for the tips. The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour sounds amazing. Do you have any suggestions on the best places to view the fireworks? Every Disneyite I have talked to has said that the experience of being in the park where Walt actually walked is almost spiritual.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour sounds amazing. Do you have any suggestions on the best places to view the fireworks? Every Disneyite I have talked to has said that the experience of being in the park where Walt actually walked is almost spiritual.
    Thanks again.
    The new fireworks are designed to be viewed well from all over the park! The use of projection technology on buildings in all the lands adds to the show no matter where you are. Each land has slightly different projections too, so the show changes.

I would say, for your first visit, try and view them at least once from Main Street. My favorite spot is just behind the Partners Statue, to the right towards tomorrowland. They keep a walkway open there but if you are at the front at the rope, you get a great view of the castle and Tinkerbell (and friends) flying back and forth across the sky during the show. It is also a prime spot to see the Matterhorn, which stars in the show as well.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to WDW dozens of times but I would rather be at DL any day of the week and twice of Sunday. It IS magical, it IS almost spiritual for people like us to be where Walt lived and worked. You'll see much more of his presence there than at WDW, especially at the DLH, which I highly recommend. The walk to and from the Parks through Downtown was quite pleasant each morning and evening; and the Monorail platform is really close.

Yes, DO make ADRs. Why would you wait even 30 minutes if you can avoid it?

Be mindful of new rides that will be popular and have particularly long lines without FPs - Radiator Springs Racers had a consistent wait time of about 2 hours during our visits. And rides that don't have FP like Peter Pan and Matterhorn.

I think you'll really appreciate the differences between WDW and DL - please please ride the Railroad, the Autopia, small world, Pirates...so many glorious differences that make DL great!!

I could go on and on...where's our Walt emoticon??
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: