Quantcast How many days? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many days?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    This may blow your mind... But we don't plan anything in advance.

Bottom line, if you have express, you don't have to get too hung up on planning. That's a welcome change!
    That sounds like heaven.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    That sounds like heaven.

Trust me... It is
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post

-Universal Hotels bypass Disney's in everyway
    -
    What is it about the Universal Hotels that you like more?

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that not everyone likes the same thing but what I dislike is that some people will base their trip to Universal on these reviews and go into a visit with such low expectations before even setting foot inside of the park. It's just like when I hear people who have never been to Disney saying it's a waste of money, time, or just for kids.

In some ways, going in with low expectations is good. Then you can be blown away by great stuff. I prefer that to having high expectations and then being let down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    This may blow your mind... But we don't plan anything in advance.
    Much like a WDW vacation used to be... Now, you need your cardiologist on speed dial for the heart attack you get from all the stress of planning a WDW vacation...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

What is it about the Universal Hotels that you like more?
    They are Lowe's Hotels, which is a top notch chain. They are true 4 star hotels. The quality of the rooms from furnishing to beds to bathrooms are excellent. Lobby's and other common areas are beautiful. For what you pay for the quality of the room, I believe is a value. Personally I compare the Lowe's chain to the Omni chain.

IMO Disney hotels have fun themes but lack the quality and value that I get at a Lowes hotel. I have stayed at AKL, WL, CSR, and the Contemporary and found that Disney's Deluxe are 3 star hotels in the real world. Fun themes but room quality is lacking.

I am staying at the Royal Pacific in Sept for $200 per night......also staying at POFQ in Sept for $225 per night.....Universal Deluxe Hotel $200....Disney Moderate $225.....
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Much like a WDW vacation used to be... Now, you need your cardiologist on speed dial for the heart attack you get from all the stress of planning a WDW vacation...
    LOL

Post Thanks / Like

They are Lowe's Hotels, which is a top notch chain. They are true 4 star hotels. The quality of the rooms from furnishing to beds to bathrooms are excellent. Lobby's and other common areas are beautiful. For what you pay for the quality of the room, I believe is a value. Personally I compare the Lowe's chain to the Omni chain.

IMO Disney hotels have fun themes but lack the quality and value that I get at a Lowes hotel. I have stayed at AKL, WL, CSR, and the Contemporary and found that Disney's Deluxe are 3 star hotels in the real world. Fun themes but room quality is lacking.

I am staying at the Royal Pacific in Sept for $200 per night......also staying at POFQ in Sept for $225 per night.....Universal Deluxe Hotel $200....Disney Moderate $225.....
    Ah. I'm not really a deluxe hotel kind've girl. There are just a lot of amenities there that I never use. I can say that AKL was pretty amazing. It is the only deluxe I've stayed at that I would consider returning to just because of the animals. That is pretty lame about the prices though.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the Universal hotels are overall better. What I don't like about them is all the add on charges. Parking? Pay up. Want to use that nice gym? Pay up.

Cabana Bay was pretty cool but it is on the same level as Disney Moderates, I would say, and pricing isn't too much different. We paid for a standard room at $130/night and got a free upgrade to a family suite. The regular prices for that room were about $200/night and while it was a fairly nice room, calling it a family suite is extremely generous. There were only two of us. More would have felt claustrophobic. The room opened to the outside and the hallway areas were pretty ugly looking and always flooded from sprinklers (poor drainage, I guess).

The lobby, public area and pools were great though. And the theme was pulled off very well.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

You don't get the express pass with Cabana Bay, though, right?

Post Thanks / Like

You don't get the express pass with Cabana Bay, though, right?
    Nope. Again...the price reflects that. It seems cheaper at first, but once you add that, you might as well stay at Portofino.

For the two days we were there, Express Pass was $89.99 PER DAY extra.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Cabana Bay was pretty cool but it is on the same level as Disney Moderates, I would say, and pricing isn't too much different. We paid for a standard room at $130/night and got a free upgrade to a family suite. The regular prices for that room were about $200/night and while it was a fairly nice room, calling it a family suite is extremely generous. There were only two of us. More would have felt claustrophobic. The room opened to the outside and the hallway areas were pretty ugly looking and always flooded from sprinklers (poor drainage, I guess).

The lobby, public area and pools were great though. And the theme was pulled off very well.
    This is one of those areas that I think is hard to compare. I have stayed at all the Universal Resorts except Portofino, and I think that the regular rooms at Cabana Bay are actually more on the level of value resort rooms at WDW. We stayed in one of the suites too (right after they opened, to the tune of $98/night) and thought it was great. Yes, still small, but with lots of little touches that added to the theming and comfort (including a spacious fridge--huge, actually, for a hotel room). The amenities at Cabana Bay are more online with a high-end moderate or even deluxe resort. The lobby, pool area and fitness are top notch and we had a blast bowling one evening. The bus transportation was okay, but now they have the walkway to the parks open for foot traffic.

As for Royal Pacific (where we stayed in March), the room itself is quite small; I would equate it more in line with a moderate than a deluxe. There were nice amenities and again, the pool and lobby area are awesome. Unfortunately we paid $349/night where we could have gotten a moderate at WDW for $189/night. Still, having the use of the Express Pass made it totally worthwhile.

The Hard Rock Rooms are truly spacious and definitely have that deluxe feel, and I can imagine that is the same at Portofino Bay. I tend to favor the resorts at Universal. The moderate and value resorts at WDW seem, oh, I don't know--kind of sterile in comparison, if that makes sense. Not the same degree of personal touches and amenities.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

manutd1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    We were bored by the third day...I say two full days is more than enough..
    I'll agree with that. Really, one and a half is enough.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post

As for Royal Pacific (where we stayed in March), the room itself is quite small; I would equate it more in line with a moderate than a deluxe. There were nice amenities and again, the pool and lobby area are awesome. Unfortunately we paid $349/night where we could have gotten a moderate at WDW for $189/night. Still, having the use of the Express Pass made it totally worthwhile.

The Hard Rock Rooms are truly spacious and definitely have that deluxe feel, and I can imagine that is the same at Portofino Bay. I tend to favor the resorts at Universal. The moderate and value resorts at WDW seem, oh, I don't know--kind of sterile in comparison, if that makes sense. Not the same degree of personal touches and amenities.
    My rooms at the Royal Pacific have not seemed that much smaller than my rooms at the Hard Rock. And the rooms that I have stayed in at AKL and WL have not been any bigger.

Since it is perception I looked up each hotel...standard rooms only since that is always what we get.

Royal Pacific 335 sq ft
    Hard Rock 375 Sq Ft

Wilderness Lodge 340 sq ft
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 340 sq ft
    Port Orleans FQ 314 sq ft

The Royal Pacific rooms are the same size as the Disney Deluxe rooms.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you get more bang for your buck at Universal hotels.

My RP room is 25 dollars cheaper than my POFQ room at the same time and I get a bigger room. I do feel that the RP is a deluxe hotel especially when comparing it to the Disney Deluxes that where $400 a night compared to the $200 I am paying for the RP while getting basically the same room size. Not only comparing the room size but I feel the RP's rooms are nicer plus you get a free Express Pass.

I just feel the Universal Hotels compared to Disneys (apples to apples) are nicer and a better value.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info NJGirl. I don't spend much time in the rooms while on vacation, but with a grandchild on the way, that will probably change. Plus, babies mean lots of stuff to bring with us.

Post Thanks / Like

My rooms at the Royal Pacific have not seemed that much smaller than my rooms at the Hard Rock. And the rooms that I have stayed in at AKL and WL have not been any bigger.
    I guess I can get behind that. Our Royal Pacific room did feel comparable to those in the Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge, which I have always felt were a bit on the small side for a deluxe. But you got a good rate for your RP room in September, Rita. I was on Loew's mailing list and checked the rates a couple times a week for months and still paid top dollar. I could have gotten a moderate at Disney World for much cheaper. In fact, we ended up staying at Pop for the WDW part of our vacation to help offset the cost of staying at Royal Pacific.

I just feel the Universal Hotels compared to Disneys (apples to apples) are nicer and a better value.
    I agree. They just feel higher end.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: