Quantcast saratoga springs tips and opinions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default saratoga springs tips and opinions

Im not a DVC owner, but rented pts at SSR which i will be staying at Friday of next wk. wasnt really a place that i wanted to stay but the gf thought it would be nice.
    any thoughts or tips
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Im not a DVC owner, but rented pts at SSR which i will be staying at Friday of next wk. wasnt really a place that i wanted to stay but the gf thought it would be nice.
    any thoughts or tips
    Tip? yes, enjoy!!! SSR gets a bad rap but the resort is just fine... Yes, it is spread out... And depending where you stay, you may be far from the main "house" but that isn't something a car won't fix..

Depending what you prefer, you can always request being close to a bus stop... I usually request Congress Park, over looking DTD...

Just go to the resort with an open mind (and reading your post history, you do seem to have an open mind)... You may wind up loving SSR (or at least really liking it)... I know I do...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like SSR also and find it very relaxing. We love going to all the pools and just walking around checking out the resort. Enjoy your trip.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

We avoided Saratoga Springs like the plague until a couple of years ago. "Not our type place" Decided to go ahead and give it a one time try. Now it's our favorite resort! Very laid back and relaxing, the staff is very nice and it's close to Downtown Disney. We always request The Springs which is close to a bus stop, the Hospitality House, food court and main pool. You'll enjoy it. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, if you like being close to downtown Disney, then this is the resort for you. To me, its a bonus especially in off months where the park closes early. I could ask see it as a positive during peak when you just want to escape the parks. Stayed there a number of years ago at the same time as Ian and Gary - we all enjoyed our stay. Although it did lead to one of the slowest bus rides in history... Something we have talked about many times on the INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast 😊
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

thanks all. Im sure I will enjoy it. have to see if I try the food there or at Disney Springs where i Like Raglan Rd and Paradiso. only have a studio room. is there a boat or is the walk better to Disney SPrings
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ssr

Saratoga Springs is our "home" resort and in our quest to try all the resorts, have only stayed there once. But I agree... downtown view.

I never had issues with bus service when we were there.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there Saturday. We like the Grandstand section due to the first bus stop and the pool bar. If it was just me and the wife we would probably stay with a view of downtown Disney. Our stays there are always peaceful and quiet. A lil ride to the parks but with the kids it makes the excitement grow a little. We discuss our plans for the day. Boat is a 10 to 15min ride. The walk is just about the same just a lil prettier.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there a few years back when we rented points. It was spread out, as mentioned in the other posts. At the time, they only had one feature pool and only one location to refill your drinks. They have since opened an additional feature pool with a pool bar. That will help. We literally had to get in the car to refill our mugs.

It lacks theming, in my opinion and feels more like an apartment complex.

The good news is that it is one of the cheapest DVC resorts to rent points, and almost always has openings. There is a rental service that we have used in the past, and they will often run last minute specials. If you take advantage, you can stay for as little as $100 a night for a studio.

With the re-theming of Downtown Disney, and all the great restaurants, I think SSR is more attractive than it was.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

The Main pool is very beautiful at night especially when viewing it from the top-down where the waterfall pool begins. Don't miss out on the view.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    thanks all. Im sure I will enjoy it. have to see if I try the food there or at Disney Springs where i Like Raglan Rd and Paradiso. only have a studio room. is there a boat or is the walk better to Disney SPrings
    There's a new bridge that makes the walk a bit shorter now from congress park to DTD marketplace, there's also a boat that launches from the springs and takes you down to the westside.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah-- what DizneyFreak said. This resort totally gets a bad rap--but it's a beautiful place.

We just got back from a week stay there.. no regrets. There is alot of walking involved. We always stay in Congress Park.. About a 7 minute walk to the main pool and Artist Pointe. We always request DTD view and have never been disappointed.

Go with an open mind and you'll enjoy it.

Have a great trip!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed there several times and really enjoyed it. It is very serene and we love walking the grounds. We've always requested Congress Park, and its about a 10 minute walk to DD, which is awesome. We had a 2 bedroom villa and it was spacious and well decorated. The Artist Palette was mostly good...the lines are confusing, and the CMs there aren't the nicest, but still overall good. I would definitely stay there again. We love being able to take the boat or walk to DD.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: