Quantcast Toe Cleavage

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Toe Cleavage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toe Cleavage

Am I the only one that doesn't mind toe cleavage?

I'm researching a new pair of flats. Lately I feel like many reviewers are raking the designers over the coals because of toe cleavage. I think it's cute. I do NOT like chest cleavage but I'm a modest dresser. This is probably very silly, but I wonder why some are so against the adorable toe cleavage.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my! LOL I'd never thought about it, or heard it referred to as such.

Guess it doesn't bother me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard this term but it is funny.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Oddly enough, had a violin player mention it to me while we were doing her website many moons ago in the dawn of the internet. Thought it was funny back then... Still funny now.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Had to respond to this topic, lol. As someone with somewhat long toes, I am familiar with toe cleavage, but I had no idea there was actually a phrase coined for it. Obviously, I'm not against it!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I will admit up front that I am weird, but I just don't care for seeing feet at all in certain circumstances.

In my weird little world naked (almost) feet do not belong in restaurants and men should not wear sandals at all except at the beach. I think I got this way from seeing one too many cases of bad foot fungus, cracked heels and general grossness in public.

Am I the only one?
    "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy Mom View Post
    OK, I will admit up front that I am weird, but I just don't care for seeing feet at all in certain circumstances.

In my weird little world naked (almost) feet do not belong in restaurants and men should not wear sandals at all except at the beach. I think I got this way from seeing one too many cases of bad foot fungus, cracked heels and general grossness in public.

Am I the only one?
    You might be the only one. I have no problem with sandals, flip flops, etc. Living in California for so many years, it is standard footwear for the majority of people.

What I absolutely CANNOT stand, ever, is people going barefoot outside of places such as pools, beaches, waterparks, etc. If you are walking on pavement, in a store, or even out to get the mail, shoes belong on your feet. That skeeves me out to no end to see people walking around barefoot with the bottoms of their feet black.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    You might be the only one. I have no problem with sandals, flip flops, etc. Living in California for so many years, it is standard footwear for the majority of people.

What I absolutely CANNOT stand, ever, is people going barefoot outside of places such as pools, beaches, waterparks, etc. If you are walking on pavement, in a store, or even out to get the mail, shoes belong on your feet. That skeeves me out to no end to see people walking around barefoot with the bottoms of their feet black.
    I agree! Plus the nurse in me thinks about all the bacteria/fungus those feet carry around and the all the sharp objects just waiting to cut up those feet.

If a person lives (or has lived) in a southern climate, sandals and flip/flops are the preferred footwear for most of the year. Just a fact of life.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I agree! Plus the nurse in me thinks about all the bacteria/fungus those feet carry around and the all the sharp objects just waiting to cut up those feet.

If a person lives (or has lived) in a southern climate, sandals and flip/flops are the preferred footwear for most of the year. Just a fact of life.
    Never mind that human beings have walked the earth for hundreds of thousands of years on their bare feet. That's what the soles of our feet are for. When I was a kid, I didn't wear shoes all summer long except on Sundays and the soles of my feet got thick, like a good leather shoe sole. Now I wear shoes everyday, but they are not really good for your feet. On the other hand, neither is hot pavement, broken glass, etc. that our ancestors didn't have to worry about. But the soles of our feet are pretty resistant to germs, etc. All that being said, some people's feet are pretty disgusting to look at.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I confess I'm a bit of a foot snob. I don't care to see naked feet unless they're very well groomed.

To that end, I was stuck sitting next to a lady on a plane a couple of weeks ago. She proceeded to remove her leather shoes, exposing her smelly, naked feet while rubbing them excessively into the plane's carpet (that's a whole other issue). And she didn't appear to speak English. I was unsure how to address that topic with her without humiliating her so I just put perfume on a napkin and stuck it over my nose during the flight. If only she had simply exposed her toe cleavage...
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I just don't really pay attention to other people's feet that much?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't mind toe cleavage?
    So funny, made me laugh....

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

I had to look this up to see what it was. I only wear tennis shoes and never notice other people's feet, so it is a non issue for me.
    I do believe in running around barefoot though unless you are diabetic or have other foot problems. Sure, I've gotten a few splinters but I've had splinters in other places too.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a southerner - we go barefoot as soon as the frost danger is gone.
    I've heard the term toe cleavage. I have a couple of pairs of peep toe wedges that provide toe cleavage.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: