Quantcast Anything I should know about Caribbean?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anything I should know about Caribbean?

We will be staying the Caribbean this November. We have stayed at the other moderates, but this will be our first time here. Is there anything that I need to know? Pros? Cons? I know that it is a large resort, but we are ok with that. Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The one thing that was most surprising to me is that the check-in building does not house the food court and gift shop, or arcade. For some reason this was such a big deal to me. I've never heard anyone else complain so maybe it's just something I don't prefer.

That being said, they do offer a customer service desk in the building that does have the food court, a full restaurant, a gift shop and an arcade.

HTH.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

It's our favorite moderate, so enjoy! There is an internal shuttle bus that will take you around the resort, including the custom house(check-in).
    '91 Grand Floridian
    '01 Caribbean Beach
    '02 Grand Floridian
    '03 Coronado Springs
    '04 Dolphin / Grand Floridan
    '07 Caribbean Beach
    '07 Disneyland
    '09 Caribbean Beach
    '10 Caribbean Beach
    '11 Pop Century
    '12 Wilderness Lodge (January/February)
    '13 Off Site Rental Home
    '14 Off Site Condo

Post Thanks / Like

Is there more than one location to refill mugs since the resort is so large?

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed in the 2nd from last building cluster. Was like a 3 day walk back to the food court. If you have a rental, you can drive to the food court area and there is usually plenty of parking. Pirate rooms are cool, but plenty of places for hidden dirt (if that will drive you crazy). Buses on the last building were always full, so, good luck there.

Pools are great though. Try the carribean fare in the food court. Line is shorter and pretty good. Overall, a good place to stay.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Get a preferred room close to everything ( Martinique or Trinidad North ) or you will have a long walk to food court and main pool.

We love it here.
    Scallywag

August 2004 - POR
    May 2006 - POF (Honeymoon Trip)
    September 2006 - Royal Pacific (Universal Studios)
    April 2007 - POR
    July 2009 - CBR
    June 2013 - CBR
    June 2014 - POF

June 2016 - POLY
    June 2017 - AKL
    June 2018 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markyv View Post
    It's our favorite moderate, so enjoy! There is an internal shuttle bus that will take you around the resort, including the custom house(check-in).
    Along this line, remember that you cannot take luggage on the internal shuttle bus. Its been a while since we've stayed there, but I recall several instances where families were denied boarding because they were going to Custom House (check-in) to catch Magical Express and the driver had to refuse them boarding because they had their luggage with them. Maybe this has changed but be aware of it.

Not my favorite of the Mods, but we stayed in Jamaica and loved the location and enjoyed the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be staying here in a few weeks, with our small kids. And I know its going to be hot! As far as getting to the room after check-in, do you just have to walk? Do they have any kind of transportation, like SS has those golf carts?
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Along this line, remember that you cannot take luggage on the internal shuttle bus. Its been a while since we've stayed there, but I recall several instances where families were denied boarding because they were going to Custom House (check-in) to catch Magical Express and the driver had to refuse them boarding because they had their luggage with them. Maybe this has changed but be aware of it.

Not my favorite of the Mods, but we stayed in Jamaica and loved the location and enjoyed the resort.
    I'm trying to think through this as don't want to walk a mile with 2 kids and luggage in 100 degree heat. I guess we can leave our luggage at bell services, catch the bus, then call and get our luggage delivered?
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in sept 2014. Thought the place was great. We had two kids at the time didn't mind the walk to the food court arcade or main pool. Although I was disappointed in the food court. I'm trying to find out if hey have any plans to refurbish because we intend to stay at CBR again in May 2016.
    We stayed two nights at movies on our last trip,and choose "preferred room" we thought the walk was much farther to there food court area. I even made a suggestion to Disney that they change their "preferred" room pricing to a per room not a per building. At movies for instance toy story is a proffered. We had the room at the furthest possible locale in this building. We could've booked a "standard" in another and been in a "front" room and been much closer.
    All luck of the draw is what I'm getting at I guess

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to try the pastries in the food court containing tropicalf fruit fillings. They are great.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harkleroad View Post
    Is there more than one location to refill mugs since the resort is so large?
    When we were there last end of 2009-10, they only had the one refill station at the food court, Centertown.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

We Love the CBR
    Coconut post cards in gift shop
    Jerk chicken dinner is excellent
    Reuben Sandwiches are really good
    Bar by the pool makes great long Island Ice Tea's
    Free dining plan (kids can order adult meals, food court computers don't notice it)
    Watch for Gators in the pond
    Newly Reno rooms and pool
    nice music playing through out
    It was a much nicer resort when we first went at 69.00 per night
    But still lots more to do then others

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

We will be staying at CB for one night before moving over to OKW in Oct. We will be getting in late with our luggage in tow since the flight comes in after 10..We will have my parents and a 4 year old. Will we have to get our luggage from check in to our room? We have stayed once before and I do remember that it is a good size resort.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

The main pool is well themed. Each "island" has its own quiet pool.
    Susan A

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: