Quantcast DHS Rebranding? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DHS Rebranding?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Sad as it might be I think there are plenty of Disney World visitors who don't even realize Walt Disney was a real person.
    I have actually heard that said at WDW before (a parent to a child, nonetheless).

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Just saw (unofficially, of course) that One Man's Dream and Art of Animation are closing by the end of next month. I'm not going to get all teary, because I want this rehab badly, but I will miss One Man's Dream. Can't deny I was always one of ten folks in there though. Hopefully it's still open when I go that last week of July. Word is the Animation Academy will open elsewhere, which is great news.
    My hubby has to visit OMD every time we go. We'll be sad to see it go. I also hope it's still open the last week of July so he can get one last look.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw (unofficially, of course) that One Man's Dream and Art of Animation are closing by the end of next month. I'm not going to get all teary, because I want this rehab badly, but I will miss One Man's Dream. Can't deny I was always one of ten folks in there though. Hopefully it's still open when I go that last week of July. Word is the Animation Academy will open elsewhere, which is great news.
    Sorry to read that another one of my favorites may be closed. One Man's Dream has been a must-do on every trip. It never gets boring to me. I've been known to take so much time looking at all of the exhibits, that I usually missed the start of the film many, many times before finally going into the theater. Sorry I may not be able to visit it again in August.

Glad to read that another favorite may survive. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, but I learned how to draw my favorite, Goofy, and Donald Duck here.

Here's hoping that the decision makers wake up and realize that many visitors appreciate traditions and take time to enjoy live performances and visit various attractions.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Why not move OMD to Epcot. It would fit in pretty well there and lord knows there is plenty of space at Epcot. Sad that they are thinking of eliminating an exhibit that honors the man that created the company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    Why not move OMD to Epcot. It would fit in pretty well there and lord knows there is plenty of space at Epcot. Sad that they are thinking of eliminating an exhibit that honors the man that created the company.
    One Man's Dream does not belong nor does it fit into Epcot... Epcot is already a mess, why pile on to it?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that makes me sad! I'm with you, I want the rehab, too, but I always make a point to stop in One Man's Dream every trip and pay a little homage to Walt. I understand it's not the most popular attraction, but it's one of the most meaningful, at least IMHO.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    One Man's Dream does not belong nor does it fit into Epcot... Epcot is already a mess, why pile on to it?
    I agree. EPCOT would be a bad fit for One Man's Dream. The only other park that could potentially hold this exhibit would be MK. However, it would likely only work somewhere on Main Street, but there isn't a lot of room. I hope it gets salvaged and re-purposed somewhere in DHS.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I agree. EPCOT would be a bad fit for One Man's Dream. The only other park that could potentially hold this exhibit would be MK. However, it would likely only work somewhere on Main Street, but there isn't a lot of room. I hope it gets salvaged and re-purposed somewhere in DHS.
    It could work on MK on Main Street... But I'd find a spot in Disney Springs (DTD), and open WDW's own Blue Sky Cellar... Maybe attach it to World of Disney, or Art of Disney store... That way, when guests walk out, they exit to what Disney does best, into a gift shop LOL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would fit nicely at Epcot. Epcot was Walt's baby and the main reason for going into Florida. Now the Epcot we have today is not what Walt had in mind but it seems fitting that the story of how the parks came to be would be at Epcot where we are supposed to look towards tomorrow while experiencing and celebrating man's inventions today.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Our last trip we spent about six hours total in DHS and most of that was waiting for our reservation at 50's Prime Time. That park is just a mess and it needs TLC badly. I'm glad to hear they're finally going to do something about it. I just wish I had more faith that they'll do it right.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Am I crazy or did today's daily Disney Parks blog email have as its "top story" how people were learning to draw "Anger" from "Inside Out"?

Count me as someone who would be VERY disappointed to see it closed, I have always enjoyed the entire experience, plus my two kids have kept me from doing this attraction in my last 2 trips, including just last month!

Kicking myself....
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

While the Art of Disney Animation was one of my favorite parts of DHS in the early years, it became a shell of an experience once all of the animators were gone. Aside from the Animation Academy, which my daughter did 2x on our last visit, there was not much else left in there. They could easily relocate this experience to Sunset or near the entrance of the park.
    Looking at what has or most likely will close, I can see them basically redoing the entire right side of the park from the animation courtyard all the way up to, and including LMA. This would also require closing Mermaid, but I think that show needs to go as well, especially with the dark ride now in MK. This would provide plenty of space for the Star Wars and Pixar pieces to enter the park and allow them to create a pathway from the theater "hub" back around to Sunset, thereby creating better flow and movement on that side of the park.

Post Thanks / Like

lets all remember it all started with Walt..and a rabbit...and a mouse. I think that certain things should remain. the cartoons in the theatre at MK that used to be there..One mans Dream in DHS...Figment and Dreamfinder and some of the original attractions at Epcot. like any business you have to adapt and change and reinvent yourself sometimes..but if its too much of a business you might lose your clientele. i dont mind adding Pixarplace and Star wars to disney studios
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM