Quantcast Hard to Find Characters

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hard to Find Characters

We've heard that some of the more unusual characters are often in training at Epcot in the World Showcase on various days. Have any of you spotted these guys...are there certain times, and who were they? Thanks!
    2002 All-Star
    2004 Port Orleans
    2008 Port Orleans & Disney Wonder

2011 Port Orleans & Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2013 Port Orleans & Boardwalk
    2014 Grand Floridian
    2015 Port Orleans
    2015 Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were lucky enough to catch a training session in Epcot last August. They still occur regularly however there is no set schedule to it. If you ask a CM they will deny knowledge of it although sometimes you may get lucky and get one to drop a hint as we did. There are certain spots that it will typically take place. Send me a PM and I can send you a link for the best info on it.

I had done a lot of reading about it in terms of when it was most likely but it could be very frustrating due to the unpredictability of it. The characters you will find there can really run the spectrum in terms of rarity. The training sessions seem to pick up prior to the Halloween and Christmas parties as well as when the new college interns start. We saw Rafiki, Baloo, King Louie, Classic Mickey, Classic Donald, Goofy, Gideon, Max, & Chip & Dale.

Here's the story...We were visiting Donald in Mexico around 2pm when I casually asked the CM if she was aware of any training sessions today. She told me they already had one and that there was a good chance of another one occurring soon. With that my son and I bolted to the area between UK & Canada. It was late August so it was hot. We asked the CMs working the two kiosks and they knew nothing. We decided to just hang out and have a water to cool off for a few minutes. We thought we missed it. Next thing you know a CM comes out with Rafiki and asks my son if he would help Rafiki. So Rafiki took his hand and walked him over to the the two giant doors. Rafiki had my son Cooper knock on the door. Suddenly, the doors slowly opened and all of those characters were just standing there right in front of Cooper. It was pure magic. No one was around. We had plenty of time with each one. They were only staying out for a total of 20 minutes we were told. It was probably the best Disney moment we had ever experienced. I captured it all on camera so we wouldn't forget it.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Tarzan yesterday at Animal Kingdom. He was on one of the Discovery Island trails. No line, just a few people. He was hilarious and acted the part very well. Very ape like.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    I saw Tarzan yesterday at Animal Kingdom. He was on one of the Discovery Island trails. No line, just a few people. He was hilarious and acted the part very well. Very ape like.
    I am guessing he is training for MNSSHP.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    I am guessing he is training for MNSSHP.
    Tarzan is a regular now
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    Tarzan is a regular now
    Really? when did that happen? wow
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    Really? when did that happen? wow
    After a trial earlier in the year, he's been back out about a month now.

I wish I'd remembered to go search for him when I was there a few weeks ago. My friends met him during the trial period, and said it was truly one of the most bizarre characters meetings they'd ever had. I guess he was really in character. LOL!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: