Quantcast Halloween Time and Mickey's Halloween Party 2015 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We were going to do the Halloween party but I just could not pull the trigger on $250 for our family to attend. Especially since they are not having special halloween themed fireworks or Parade this year.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    We were going to do the Halloween party but I just could not pull the trigger on $250 for our family to attend. Especially since they are not having special halloween themed fireworks or Parade this year.

They are having Halloween Screams fireworks during party nights. But I agree that's a lot of money for a family.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    They are having Halloween Screams fireworks during party nights. But I agree that's a lot of money for a family.
    Really? That is not what I recall reading. Regardless, one of our kids still can't handle fireworks so we would have had to hide out somewhere anyway. It is just too much money to essentially trick or treat, which we will do for free on Halloween anyway.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from a week at Disneyland.

Was surprised at how crowded it was during the week in late September. I really don't think there is a downtime at Disney Parks anymore.

We (family of 4) to the Halloween party on Sept 30th (Wednesday) night and this is the last 'special event' we ever go to. We've been to the Halloween party & Xmas party at Magic Kingdom (Florida) but this was our first at Disneyland.

We arrived at 6:30PM, made our way thru the crowd to Tomorrowland, waited 30 minutes to take a picture w/ Captain America, watched the Monster Inc show (pretty lame compared to Florida), got a spot for the 8:45PM parade at 8:15PM, after parade waited for 9:30PM fireworks, made our way thru crowd to get on Haunted Mansion around 10PM, & then the party was over.

So for $250 we just waited around because like many have said Disney is over selling these parties. I would gladly pay twice as much if it guranteed more breathing room & access to enjoy the festivites but then again Disney isn't even offering much. I enjoyed the fireworks but other than that they just hand out candy for these parties.

I told my wife after the party this would be our last & I woudn't reccomend these events to anyone after going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoopop View Post

Was surprised at how crowded it was during the week in late September. I really don't think there is a downtime at Disney Parks anymore.

We (family of 4) to the Halloween party on Sept 30th (Wednesday) night and this is the last 'special event' we ever go to. We've been to the Halloween party & Xmas party at Magic Kingdom (Florida) but this was our first at Disneyland.

We arrived at 6:30PM, made our way thru the crowd to Tomorrowland, waited 30 minutes to take a picture w/ Captain America, watched the Monster Inc show (pretty lame compared to Florida), got a spot for the 8:45PM parade at 8:15PM, after parade waited for 9:30PM fireworks, made our way thru crowd to get on Haunted Mansion around 10PM, & then the party was over.

So for $250 we just waited around because like many have said Disney is over selling these parties. I would gladly pay twice as much if it guranteed more breathing room & access to enjoy the festivites but then again Disney isn't even offering much. I enjoyed the fireworks but other than that they just hand out candy for these parties.

I told my wife after the party this would be our last & I woudn't reccomend these events to anyone after going.
    Sounds familiar. It's all a shame, really. Disney special events used to be that...special. Not any more. Not by a long shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoopop View Post

Wow. Glad we didn't buy tickets after all. I was kinda bummed about not going, but not anymore.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

We bought our tickets early for the party. We will be attending with friends of ours and their family on the 25th. As we are all annual passholders, we are seeing all the themed attractions before the party night, and don't have plans to do any rides on the night of the party. I'm disappointed that they will be doing Paint the Night parade instead of the traditional Halloween parade, since this is the first time for all of us. On the positive, we won't be hanging out to see the parade, since we've already seen that too. We are looking forward to seeing the Halloween Screams fireworks show, which is one of the best fireworks shows Disneyland does. I've only seen it once when they debuted the show for free. The following year, they made the show exclusive to the Halloween party.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I've only attended Mickey's Halloween Party once and did not see the parade but just from what I've heard I don't think it was anything special. Still, I understand why you would have liked to see something new for you.

I'm really glad they decided to continue the Halloween Screams fireworks this year on party nights. Like you I saw them several times during the preview year and really enjoyed the show. Saw them again during the party last year and they were just as good or better than I remembered.

Have fun! Look for special trick or treats for passholders.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if Agent P is one of the characters out at this year's Halloween Party? I have a little one who's recently become enamored with Perry/Agent P and would love a photo op with him.

We have tickets for the party on the 25th. Some of the reviews on here about this year's event and how crowded it's been make me nervous, but still super excited to attend!!
    "I know what we're going to do today!"

Last trip: Disneyland, October 2015, DLH
    Next trip: To Be Determined...

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have much character interaction when I attended but I don't think I have ever seen a picture of or heard mention of Agent P being at the party.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: