Quantcast Had to file a complaint

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Had to file a complaint

Last year, we tent camped at Fort Wilderness and had no problems at all. This year has been a completely different experience. We are in site 2030, in the back of the biggest loop. Last night, we got back to our site at 11:30pm, and it was 1:00am before we finally fell asleep. There's a group of 5-6 sites across the road from us that obviously know each other. They were all running around, up and down the road, yelling, leaving car doors open to ding for 30 minutes straight, and playing loud music (from their cars) till at least after 1:00. Tonight, we got back to our site after dinner, at 9:30, and they're being just as loud. We turned the corner and found the door of our tent standing wide open. We'd been to DTD during the day and bought the kids new toys. Something told me to put them in our car before we left, so there wasn't anything to steal in our tent other than bedding and toiletries, but it still freaked us out. While we were standing there looking things over, some of the boys came riding through our site. Literally, they rode across the pad just in front of our tent. There are probably 20-30 kids in their group, and they've been all over the land around our pad, but this was ridiculous. They all have bikes and have no consideration for pedestrians at all (or sites, obviously). Last year, we left both of our vehicles at our site for 2 nights, because my mom is handicapped, and we had a note left reminding us that that's not allowed. Every site in this group has 2-3 cars and multiple tents on them, but we've noticed no reprimands. It's obvious that FW isn't enforcing any rules.
    We called the front desk, and they promised more patrols in that area, but I am glad it's our last night. We are planning to spend 16 nights here next year, but I am wondering if that's still a good idea.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry this happened to you, I would have given them a one night pass but then would have been on the phone. Disrespectful parents too busy partying to gave a darn what their kids are doing until it's too late, seems to be a reoccurring theme these days. I hope, this incident aside, you and your family enjoyed your trip.

You might want to follow up with guest services, let them know that you filed a complaint while on site, but let them know what's going on there. Sounds like FW Staff is not doing their job very well.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, it's the sort of thing that can happen in any campground. Campers are typically pretty respectful people and typically avoid infringing on the the property of others and usually obey "quiet hours" rules. When campers act otherwise, it is up to the management of the campground to ensure they hold folks responsible for being respectful, up and and including, asking them to remove themselves from the premises if they are unable to do so.

I do hope that Disney responds to you and makes sure that everyone can enjoy the campground.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

WE've been looking at DVC, but just don't see enough reason to pull the trigger. When I see more stories like this, I'm even less likely to do so.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you had this happen, and am glad to hear that you let the staff know about the issue.

I would follow-up with an email as well, perhaps a reminder of what is "expected" at FW is required. The campground is usually a great place, but a loud group or two and really ruin it for those around them.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know the email address for guest relations? After the promise of more patrols, they were still up til after midnight, still playing loud music and yelling across multiple sites. Their language would've made a sailor blush. If anyone was actually patrolling the area, they didn't bother to do anything about this group. My husband's theory was that it would've taken a brave CM to confront the group of 30 or so of them across the 3 sites, and whoever was patrolling wasn't that person.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Susan, so sorry you had to put up with that!!

When I search the Disney site for complaints, this address comes up - there is a drop down that allows you to select a past Disney visit.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Faline! I just sent an email.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Disney responds to you in a satisfactory way!!
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Tracy from Guest relations called me tonight (I was expecting an email), and she was very nice, apologetic, and understanding. We discussed my email; I basically copied my above posts and cleaned them up some. She apologized for the lack of the rule enforcement, and that our nights were disturbed by rowdy guests. She also was concerned that we had young children having to listen to that language and being "endangered" (her word) by the teens riding through our campsite. She seemed much more concerned than I was about that part.
    She then offered to give us two complimentary nights at FWC for whenever we want to return. The nights don't expire, so we can use them when we plan to return next fall/winter. It was way more than I expected (to basically refund both nights to us), and really more than I was looking for. I really just wanted a promise that things would be different when we do return, and I explained as much. Not that I'm going to turn the two nights down! ��
    I've only ever complained to Disney twice, once before for a horrible dining experience, in which they refunded half of our meal, and now this. Both times I've gotten great responses. I hear/read lots of complaints regarding guest relations, but in my opinion, Disney is doing exactly what they need to keep us coming back.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad that this worked out and in your favor. Did she have any assurances that patrols would be increased or the like? What about a quieter location or loop? No matter what it is awesome that you can use the complimentary nights on your next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

She did say she would be sending a letter to the FWC leadership to crack down on the rules better, and also advised me to ask to be relocated if need be in the future.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

Post Thanks / Like

It's good to hear that Disney responded to your complaints!!
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: