Quantcast universal I of Adventure .. world’s top theme park - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    The race is long, but hopefully WDW delivers sooner than later with $3B announced for investment to DHS, Avatar Land pending for AK and another $350M to $400M earmarked for MK (as discussed on these boards). I agree that competition is good. Hopefully it will yield good results (and innovative ideas) for WDW.
    I hope so too. I want Disney to deliver. I don't like them being so stale. The more they compete with each other the bigger and better attractions we get as consumers. I just think right now and for the past few years Disney hasn't tried too hard to keep the parks fresh.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think Avatar is the wrong theme the film was made ages ago imo it wasn't a great film either
    I hope I am proved wrong but I think if they were going to take a theme the hobbit / Lord of the rings would have been better , better characters and story and more scope even a Pixar themed area would have been better to challenge universal and Harry potter...always thought that AK were missing a trick and not using the beloved jungle book as a ride or an area
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    I personally think Avatar is the wrong theme the film was made ages ago imo it wasn't a great film either
    I hope I am proved wrong but I think if they were going to take a theme the hobbit / Lord of the rings would have been better , better characters and story and more scope even a Pixar themed area would have been better to challenge universal and Harry potter...always thought that AK were missing a trick and not using the beloved jungle book as a ride or an area
    It's not the story Disney was after with Avatar... it is the visuals of Pandora... Imagine the landscape of Pandora, all lit up, brought to life... Imagineering will do this right... just as JK and Warner Brothers made sure Universal Creative got Potter right, Cameron will make sure WDI gets Pandora right...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    It's not the story Disney was after with Avatar... it is the visuals of Pandora... Imagine the landscape of Pandora, all lit up, brought to life... Imagineering will do this right... just as JK and Warner Brothers made sure Universal Creative got Potter right, Cameron will make sure WDI gets Pandora right...
    DisneyFreak2002 like I said I hope I am proved wrong and your right.. It will be great if Disney get back in the game ..it's such a shame after seeing universal raising their standards so much that Disney do as well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    DisneyFreak2002 like I said I hope I am proved wrong and your right.. It will be great if Disney get back in the game ..it's such a shame after seeing universal raising their standards so much that Disney do as well.
    I have a feeling, once D23 begins and ends, many people are going to be impressed with what we see and hear regarding Pandora as I suspect and expect Avatar to be what Disney heavily promotes for WDW... The only thing I'm MEH about is Soarin (2.0) Over Pandora...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing about Avatar is not the ability to create amazing visuals and immersing you in Pandora, I believe that the creative at Disney can do that, but the story is garbage, lacking context, and very little to derive from in one movie.

You compare to Potter, where theres an onslaught of amazing and imaginative source, material, characters that different people identify with, and a plethora of worlds to explore.

The attractions and theming of IOA are top notch, the crowd control, pedestrian travel, and dining is lacking IMO. At the top of the list you are splitting hairs, and even dwelling into personal preference when it comes to reviews. If you were to take the linked IOA and USO together vs. Disney Parks, just the parks themselves not everything else involved than Universal is on top right now theres no doubt.

What was the last attraction that got people truly excited at Dw? HS is worse off attraction wise than pre TOT at the moment.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: