Quantcast Park to Park Transportation

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Park to Park Transportation

Several years ago we wanted to go from Epcot to Downtown Disney. The castmember we spoke with at Epcot told us they didn't have any direct transportation, and our best bet would be to take a bus to Saratoga Springs and then walk to Downtown Disney. She failed to inform us that this is a huge resort and there are multiple bus stops, so we got off on the first one and walked forEVER. Something we still laugh about to this day. My question is, is this true for traveling between parks? If I want to go from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom do I have to go to a resort and switch busses? What about Downtown Disney? Is there direct transportation from any of the parks to Downtown Disney?

Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no direct transportation between any of the parks and Downtown Disney. To get to Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) from any park, you will need to go to a resort and transfer.

There is direct transportation between other parks.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Park to Park, my favorite way it to get on the first bus/boat/monorail that is going to a Deluxe resort, then grab the bus from there. They seem to be more frequent, and less crowded, and you get to sight see a little.

To DD, if I am not in a rush, I'd take a bus to POFQ, and hop the boat that goes to DD. Its a nice ride, and POFQ has one bus stop. Plus it is a chance to visit one of my favorite resorts.

If I am in a hurry to get to DD, see Park to Park...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luv4WDW View Post
    If I want to go from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom do I have to go to a resort and switch buses?
    As has been noted, there are no direct "park-to-park" bus routes. To get from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom, I would take the bus from AK to the Contemporary, and walk across the street - less than a 10-minute walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv4WDW View Post
    What about Downtown Disney? Is there direct transportation from any of the parks to Downtown Disney?

Thanks!
    No, because years ago, guests figured out you could park at DD for free and avoid the (then) $12.00 parking fee (or whatever it was in about 2000). The buses would be *packed*. Your best bet would be to go to any of the DD resorts (Old Key West, POFQ, or POR) and take the boat, or, to SS and walk. I'm not sure which bus stop would be closest to DD at SS. Another option - take the resort bus from the park(s) to the *nearest* resort (i.e., from Animal Kingdom to AK Lodge), then a bus from there to DD. OR...if you're at MK and want to get to DD, take the Monorail to the Poly/GrandFlo, or walk to the Contemporary, and a bus from there. I *believe* all three resorts are on one bus loop (Contemporary, Poly, GF, in that order).
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    As has been noted, there are no direct "park-to-park" bus routes.
    But there are park to park buses. I don't remember exactly which buses run from which park to which park but I know have traveled from one park to another on a bus without needing to detour to a resort.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    But there are park to park buses. I don't remember exactly which buses run from which park to which park but I know have traveled from one park to another on a bus without needing to detour to a resort.
    I know I've done AK to Epcot and I'm pretty sure that I've done AK to the TTC.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

From Disney

While there are many ways to get around Walt Disney World Resort, here are several recommended routes that may be convenient for Guests who are not staying at a Disney Resort hotel, but wish to visit multiple parks:

• Magic Kingdom park and Epcot are connected via monorail
    • Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are connected via boat
    • Magic Kingdom park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are connected via bus
    • Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park is connected to the 3 other theme parks via bus
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I stand corrected...there are no *direct-from-MK-to-another-park* buses. You'd have to go to the Transportation and Ticket Center and transfer to your "next park" bus there. And vice-versa on the return side. Coming *from* Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom *to* MK, you'll get off the bus at the TTC and transfer to either the Monorail or Ferry Boat.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    I stand corrected...there are no *direct-from-MK-to-another-park* buses. You'd have to go to the Transportation and Ticket Center and transfer to your "next park" bus there. And vice-versa on the return side. Coming *from* Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom *to* MK, you'll get off the bus at the TTC and transfer to either the Monorail or Ferry Boat.
    There are direct from MK buses to both DHS and AK. The slot for MK to DHS is in the first corral across from WL which is stop 2, AK was further down in the same corral.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: