Quantcast Am I stressing too much? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Our most recent trip was two days and we did all four parks. This was the first trip for one member of our party and he had an absolute riot! We had FPP and ADR all planned out but got caught up doing things we loved and missed some of our fast pass plus selections - no big deal! I wish I had known that you cant book more fast passes once yours expire over the mydisneyexperience app. I wasted time trying to get more fast passes through that so don't bother! Overall I would say not much has changed for us. Of course if you want to get on toy story mania or seven dwarfs mine train you are going to really want fast pass unless you want to wait forever in line. But that's up to you!
    You do your trip the way YOU want too.
    Have fun
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope.
    Higher prices
    Meeting more time dead lines.
    The whimsical Disney vacation is no longer an option.
    The best part is the vacation is for your
    children and they won't feel your stressed.
    Take bunches of photos b/c at the end u will
    have awesome memories!!
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't offer any better than the great advice that's already been given! Just wanted to say that I'm an anxious person too and tend to stress over trips, no matter where we're going. Keep up those deep breaths! You will have a wonderful time!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read anyone's responses, just looked at the title of the thread. My answer would be:

Yes, because it's not life or death. It's vacation. Just enjoy it.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I felt the same way before our last trip. New system. I'm a planner. It really was fine. It will be great. It's Disney!
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    I think the general atmosphere on this forum has unfortunately been impacted recently by all the 'Disney Naysayers' a lot, and if you spend much time reading all the negativity, that tends to stress you out about what you might experience.

My family is going shortly...... and I was getting a bit stressed from all the negative stuff I read here. But then I realized....... a lot of people like to complain... and the complainers can often be loud and very persistent. Their comments end up in a lot of threads... and the feeling of doom just seems to be "everywhere".

But when people are relatively happy...... unfortunately they don't spend a lot of time sitting there and writing posts that express that. They are busy enjoying themselves. They don't feel a need to "vent" someplace.

Given the VAST number of people Disney deals with almost 24/7/365, who often have expectations created in their heads which are difficult to fulfill, and given the complexity of running the operation,.... they do a pretty darn good job.

Does Disney have issues? Sure. Nothing is perfect. Can you have a blast at Disney World? Yes.

Your vacation will have GREAT moments. Will there be some disappointments? Yup. But those disappointments only affect you as much as you LET them impact the trip. If you expect it to be "Perfect" ..... with a capital "P"...... you for sure will be disappointed.

When you go looking for problems, you tend to find them. When you go looking for the good stuff....... you tend to find that also.

Last trip my wife and I had a couple less than "Disney Moments". When they were alerted to that fact when we returned, Disney Customer Service made "nice-nice" about it very generously and professionally and politely. And because those "Not Disney Moments" actually happened last time....... a couple spectacular "Disney Moments" happened right afterward as a consequence to help deal with the situation right then.

John Lennon was a wise man with his "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" comment. Lay out a basic ground work in your planning... and then "go with the flow" of the moment. If you feel like it at the time.... for gosh sake..... skip a bloomin' FastPass+........ it won't kill anyone....and if you didn't WANT to do that particular thing right then....... then you are not missing anything. If that particular attraction is important to you later.... then maybe show up early or late to get on it without a Fastpass+. If you HAVE to do it...... you CAN find a way.

It might even mean standing in a line....... but if after all it is THAT important.... you can stand in a line.

After all, it is really all about you and the FAMILY and being together (and particularly the grandkids!). Enjoy the family moments. Use as your yardstick the # of smiles and laughs... not the # of attractions visited. Let the kids play in the water sprinklers. Interact with the street performers. Eat cool stuff. They (and you) will have a blast.

best,

.................john
    This! I was a bit worried myself after reading all the complaints on here, but we've had two trips with fp+ and it was fine. Don't sweat it! Make a general plan for where you want to be each day, make some fastpasses, but know that you can change your mind and wasting a fastpass isn't the end of the world.

Another thing I've learned after organizing many an extended family trip is to not accept responsibility for planning everything for everyone. I go with the, here's what I have planned, you are welcome to join me or not, attitude and it's worked well!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

We've taken a lot of folks down for their first times at WDW.

My personal expectations were what caused me the most stress. I know it is easier said than done, but try not to stress out about making sure that everyone enjoys it as much as you do. I felt personally responsible if someone didn't seem to be having fun or wanted to do something different. Your grandkids may enjoy hanging out at the resort and swimming rather than going to a park for all that you have set up. First timers have no concept of what you have gone through with planning up to this point.

Either way, I hope you are able to take a deep breath, remember that you are all together in a magical place and be in the moment - whatever it is.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

try to relax.. easier said than done.. I know. However, it is what you make of it.

My kids are 16 now, but someday I hope to plan a trip just like you are doing for the kids/grandkids. We know there is so much that you want them to enjoy, go ahead, and plan what you can. Like other posters have said... to some degree let them lead the way! They may see Pooh and want to run to him even though you are on your way to a reservation. Stop and take the time. You won't regret it in the long run. I have pictures of bouncing with Tigger when they were 2 and I remember how freaked out I was that we were going to be late to the Indiana Jones show. I now look at those pictures and smile because it made them so happy to be bouncing with Tigger. Well worth the last minutes seats at the show.

We are lucky enough to do all the crazy planning and make all the reservations and quite often, miss out on a few FP's and cancel a few dining reservations with no regrets.

Still love going to WDW every year and will continue to go back. I wish you a very enjoyable trip and hope everything works out the way you want it to. Stay positive!!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: