Quantcast Star Wars Headed to Hollywood Studios in 2016 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask, and you shall receive:

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    As for Star Wars coming in 2016 to DHS.. eh, wake me when they announce the meat of the Star Wars addition.. Meet and greets are the cheap and easy way out... I'll visit DHS in 2021.. MAYBE, depends if they screw this up or not...
    I don't think Disney is going to buy out the Marvel contract with Universal, but they could if they chose to. The way the company has been whipping out Mickey's checkbook lately nothing would surprise me. Next year? Nah, but it wouldn't surprise me if in 10-15 years they do. They might not, but they could if they wanted.

And again, Disney CAN use Marvel in Florida as long as it meets the restrictions on the contract. You've said yourself, they can use Guardians.

I'm really excited for Star Wars Land and the Pixar Expansion. When Disney spends the money they are hard to beat, and Studios is desperate for a complete make over. I wish they would of spin the Hollywood that never was (ala Sunset Blvd.) through the whole park. I just love that look and feel. But, any major redo of Studios is a great thing.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, you're ALL right. Disney could use some Marvel characters, under certain restrictions, if they wanted to. But that's all beside the point.

What's infinitely more exciting is the coming of Star Wars! Let's talk about that! Maybe i'm just a "pie in the sky" kind of guy, but IF they do this right, I really think that DHS (soon to be DHA?) will become the 2nd most visited Disney park in the world. I really think that Star Wars has that kind of global appeal.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. Star wars crosses generations. There is a whole generation of kids today that love Star Wars just based on the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons and really don't know much about the original trilogy at all! I think Harry Potter will cross generations like this just because the books are so beloved, but you never can be sure. This is going to be huge and they should be ashamed of themselves if they screw it up. But there is no shortage of people visiting, so even if they blow it the first time, it seems like they will always have plenty of $$$$$ to fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

I read some tech boards as well and this thread reads like an Apple vs. Android discussion. People get so bent out of shape over which is better. Both have their pluses and minuses and both have audiences. I guess it's interesting that this website is billed as all things Disney but yet so much Universal discussion comes up. Intercot, while we think it's the best, is just one of many Disney resource and discussion centers. Sure, the other sites cover Universal too, but their passion is Disney, right? Where's the Universal fan site?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. I'm very "meh" about the franchise. However, I'm very excited for the expansion because I am a ride guy. Build awesome rides and I will come, regardless of the IP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I read some tech boards as well and this thread reads like an Apple vs. Android discussion.
    Sure, I think it's just human nature to compare direct competitors like that. Coke vs Pepsi, Bird vs Magic (although we all know that Dr. J was the guy...), Beatles vs Rolling Stones, Brady vs Manning, Marvel vs D.C., etc. The key here is that with this kind of competition, we all win as consumers/fans. Just like all the technological advances that came out of the space race back in the 60s. That's why this amazing universal push is so great, it almost demands a retort in some way. And the more a-list attractions in the region, the happier we all are to throw our money at them all. It really is an exciting time down there. I look forward to see what both WDW and Universal come up with.

Now the key for them is to make sure that my Star Wars experience isn't limited to paying $100 entry fee to meet a dude in a wookiee costume pointing me to where to pick up a churro with a light saber handle...

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be in hog heaven when the new Star wars area and Avatar land opens up !!

As for Marvel, I agree with the PP that said Disney is happy as can be with all the money the Avengers movies are bringing in.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
    I'll be in hog heaven when the new Star wars area and Avatar land opens up !!
    Ditto!

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a star wars fan either but DH is and will be ecstatic when this all opens. I'm not upset at the prospect either. Even though I've never watched a star wars movie all the way through I love the star wars ride in DHS. If done right (and to be fair, I think they did Fantasyland very right) stars wars fan or not, people will enjoy the new additions.

I also tend to agree with whoever stated above that it will be over and above the draw that HP world is in Universal. Star Wars appeal is HUGE and crosses generations. HP is far more limited.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjdoc View Post
    Absolutely. Star wars crosses generations. There is a whole generation of kids today that love Star Wars just based on the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons and really don't know much about the original trilogy at all!
    Very true. My DS5 knew nothing about the movies before watching Star Wars Rebels. He LOVES that series!!!! Since watching that, he's watched all six movies and can't wait to ride Star Tours. Same with DD12. She was never a fan before watching the Droid Tales and Lego shows. Now, she's become a memorabilia collector of Star Wars. She can't wait for the expansion.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Star Wars fan, but not a fanatic. Hopefully they deliver something fantastic eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjdoc View Post
    Absolutely. Star wars crosses generations. There is a whole generation of kids today that love Star Wars just based on the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons and really don't know much about the original trilogy at all! I think Harry Potter will cross generations like this just because the books are so beloved, but you never can be sure. This is going to be huge and they should be ashamed of themselves if they screw it up. But there is no shortage of people visiting, so even if they blow it the first time, it seems like they will always have plenty of $$$$$ to fix it.
    You can add my 3 year old Star wars fanatic niece to that list. She started watching Lego Star Wars on tv and is FULLY obsessed now. The actual movies scare her but she is all in on the characters.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

As far as Disney buying out the Marvel licensing with Universal, my understanding of the contract was that as long as Universal pays the royalties and acts in good faith with the properties (nothing that disparages or lowers the value of the characters in some material way), the deal can run indefinitely. I have not seen the contract or have first hand knowledge, that is simply the way the arrangement was explained to me by an insider.

That being the case, Universal has little incentive to let Disney get it back without either (1) a King's ransom or (2) a very strong desire to re-theme that section of IoA. They can keep the Marvel characters there until the end of time so long as they abide by the terms of the arrangement.

Post Thanks / Like

So let me just ask this....there WILL be some more Star Wars goodies in Dec 2015 prior to the new movie?? Yes?....cuz I'd be excited to see that for sure!!! Our family plans a trip to DHS in Dec...and I am beginning to 2nd thought our choice of going there what with all the new posts I see all the time of some additional attraction being shut down/revamped! ...so again my question is: there WILL be new SW attractions when we go Dec 2015???
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLee View Post
    so again my question is: there WILL be new SW attractions when we go Dec 2015???
    Attractions? No. Attractions take a long time to develop & build. It will be years before we see new attractions. You're talking four months from now.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: