Quantcast Renting point but how do you pick a location?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renting point but how do you pick a location?

So we are considering renting point for our next trip. We are pretty much ready to buy but want to take a test drive so to speak for you next trip. We are pretty much set on renting at BCV but I am also considering WL or AK. I also want to have a back up if BCV isn't available. Any advise or recomendations?
    The details: We are 2 adults and 2 kids. A studio would be just fine for us.
    We are looking at 1st week of June. Star Wars weekend is a priority lol. BC and WL are the same amount of points. AK savannah view about the same or club level for a little bit more.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would steer clear of VWL until 2017 or when the construction is completed. As far as AKV, you probably will not be able to get club level without finding someone with 11 month home resort access but should be able to get a savannah view. BCV is a good choice for June because of storm-a-long bay but the rooms are waiting for refurbishment and I'm not sure when that is expected to start/finish. BWV has just completed their renovation** so that would be a convenient option for DHS.

EDIT:
    It seems BWV may not be done with the soft goods refurb yet. Will post back when confirmed.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We really only wanted to stay at BCV because of the pool but I could see how the refurb maybe a concern. I haven't stayed at BW in years. Where exactly are the villas located? What about BLT? Would you recommend that one? Not close to DHS but MK in walking distance would be nice.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

If you like BCV then you should go for it. The refurbishment will be in the villas only and they normally take down one floor at a time so while you may get an older room, the noise and mess shouldn't be bad. They have finished all the outside areas so you won't have to worry about that.

When standing on the BW facing the resort the Inn is on the left and the villas on the right. You can either get pool, garden, or boardwalk view when booking DVC. Not sure I'd want to look at the creepy clown pool at night.

We stay at BLT every now and then and like it, we're actually booked there for January. The decor is contemporary, not very Disney inspired, so that turns some people off. They have the private BLT pool or you can use the CR pool. The location and ability to walk to MK makes it worth the extra points IMO. We also like it because the monorail makes it quite easy to resort hop for dinner.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    BWV has just completed their renovation so that would be a convenient option for DHS.
    Hadn't heard that these were completed. We are going in late Nov. and that is great news!

OP, you will like BCVs and especially the pool. I wouldn't let the renovations affect my decision. The only DVC resort we didn't really care for was BLT. It was just ok, not bad, just ok.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
    Hadn't heard that these were completed. We are going in late Nov. and that is great news!
    I may have misspoken, while some sites say it is complete others are reporting it's still in process. I'll do some more searching an see what I come up with. Also, the DVC site is still showing sleeps 4 for studios.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

BWV is a 10 minute walk from the front gate of DHS, this would be a great choice for SWW. BCV would also be a good choice. We've stayed at BLT and the walk to MK was short and convenient.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I may have misspoken, while some sites say it is complete others are reporting it's still in process. I'll do some more searching an see what I come up with. Also, the DVC site is still showing sleeps 4 for studios.
    We stayed at the BWV last month - 7/10 - 7/17 - not all the villas were refurbed - ours was not. We did get a peak at a one bedroom that was - very nice - especially the TVs!

I was disappointed with the counters though - looks like they did nothing to them.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I liked BLT for the location and the lounge. I liked kidani for the animals and decor. I liked Beach club for the pool. Just to add to the confusion you could consider OKW as they have the largest studios.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Man there are just so many options. So how important is it to buy points at the resort you will be staying at? We generally go last week of May or 1st week of June. Occasionally we are there for Memorial Day. I'm a planner so booking 11 months in advance is totally doable for our family. A studio would be fine possibly a 1 bedroom at some point. We loved Yatch and Beach Club so lets just say we want to stay there every year. Do we need to buy at BCV? If so I guess that makes my decision easier as to were to rent points.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DANAM View Post
    Man there are just so many options. So how important is it to buy points at the resort you will be staying at? We generally go last week of May or 1st week of June. Occasionally we are there for Memorial Day. I'm a planner so booking 11 months in advance is totally doable for our family. A studio would be fine possibly a 1 bedroom at some point. We loved Yatch and Beach Club so lets just say we want to stay there every year. Do we need to buy at BCV? If so I guess that makes my decision easier as to were to rent points.
    Just to give you a rough estimate, as of right now, you could get any studio or 1 BDR at any of the resorts except VGF, the standard views where available and the concierge levels. That's for the last week of May that covers memorial day. Granted, those will change as the 7 month window approaches but we've usually gotten what we wanted at 7 months.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

We rented first to, even though disney was in the process of changing the rules for resal within the same time period. We were happy, we loved it like we thought we would. It was an expensive rental 8 nights in an OKW GV, but glad that we confirmed we loved it. IF you are going to rent, rent where you want to buy points. I wouldn't worry about refurbs, we love it just the way it is...we normally do studios...we'll be there in December.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I along with our two son stayed in a studio at BLT once, and it was cramped. I don't know how much spreading out your crew likes to do, but if you enjoy having space a studio at BLT might not be a good fit.

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned 4 days ago from staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo House, Deluxe Studio, Savannah View (5th floor) room 5520, using points we "rented". Our first time using DVC rented points to stay at WDW. Arranging it was very easy.

AKL and the DVC type room was wonderful. We spent absolutely every morning with various species of birds, different species of antelope, Ankola Cattle, and giraffes outside our windows. Fantastic view.

Room itself was great..... (we are just a couple....no kids in the room). Queen bed....comfortable. Small clean kitchenette. Coffee maker. Microwave. Small fridge (no freezer). Despite what some people seem to report on the Studios...... we thought there was plenty of room. Bathroom was not as cramped as some online reports seem to say; dual sinks are in separate area too. But we are not folks that typically stay at "high end" luxury hotels in general.

Despite what we were told about the Magic Bands not working for the Magical Express pickup with the DVC use, (said we'd have to use the paper info at the airport) the bands worked fine for it. It was easy to arrange it.... but note that it does NOT show on your "My Disney Experience" pages even though it is 'there' and linked.

We are (slightly) considering buying also. Trying to "run the numbers" to see if it would make sense for OUR particular circumstances and the way we might use it.

best,

...............john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: