Quantcast All-New Fast & Furious Ride Coming to Universal Orlando Resort in 2017

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default All-New Fast & Furious Ride Coming to Universal Orlando Resort in 2017

From the Universal Blog:

You’ve seen the cars. You’ve seen the action. And soon, you’ll be able to live it.

I’m so excited to share that one of the most successful film franchises of all-time will soon become one of Universal Orlando Resort‘s most action-packed ride experiences.

Buckle your seatbelts, because in 2017, Fast & Furious: Supercharged is coming to Universal Studios Florida. You’ll feel like part of the “Fast family” as you embark on a thrilling new Fast & Furious adventure that will put you right in the middle of the action.

Fast and Furious renderingThis ride is going to fuse everything you love about the films with an original storyline and incredible ride technology. You’ll get to check out some of the high-speed, supercharged cars you’ve seen on the big screen. You’ll be immersed in the underground racing world made famous in the films and explore the headquarters of Toretto and his team. Then, you’ll board specially-designed vehicles for an adrenaline-pumping ride with your favorite stars from the films.

To make way for Fast & Furious: Supercharged, Disaster: A Major Motion Picture Starring You! will close permanently on September 8, 2015, with Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue closing later this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

bye bye Disaster... And the make over continues!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so bummed they are closing disaster on Sept 8th. I am taking my niece for the first time mid Sept and I know that she would have enjoyed that attraction.

I am OK with them replacing it since it has virtually been there since the opening of the park in some form or another, but wish it wasn't until Oct.

Not sure how I feel about F&F attraction. I loved Paul Walker and might think about him every time I ride the attraction. I think he was truly one of the few Hollywood people that wasn't caught up in his own ego.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I am honestly amazed - they didn't even take a breath... Universal is really committed to their A game and things just keep getting better and better.

Totally impressed. Looking forward to seeing how this ride system works!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I am honestly amazed - they didn't even take a breath... Universal is really committed to their A game and things just keep getting better and better.

Totally impressed. Looking forward to seeing how this ride system works!
    I agree with you on that. I have said it before but...they are out to win and that makes a better theme park for all of us.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I assume this like many of the attractions between the two Universal US parks will be a modified version of what recently opened at Universal Studious Hollywood so it can be a stand-alone attraction.

POSSIBLE BUT NOT REALLY.

I saw the version here in CA about a month ago, which is part of the backlot tram tour. The tram pulls through the various sets starting where they hang out, and in the garage. The sets combined with screens then put you in an immersive chase sequence that you are smack in the middle of, as you sit on the tram. The characters from the film talk to you and each other, as they do what they do in all the Fast and Furious films. People love these films for the chase sequences.

Similar to King Kong 360 here, but more 4D special effects involved with Fast & Furious attraction.

The Florida version since it won't be on a tram, will obviously involve boarding some time of ride vehicles that will take guest through a similar screens and sets, surrounding you on both sides, and of course as just about everything Universal does, 3D glasses required.

Mixed reviews here in CA. A lot of people thought it was too similar to King Kong 360. I felt it was better since the added effects and movement really made you forget you were riding on a tram. It will be interesting to see how they do the Orlando version. I'm sure the Florida version will be better since they wiil be able to add a lot more movement with ride vehicles than they can move a large tram on a rocker platform.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot. I was hoping to do Disaster! While there in October. No Disaster and no hulk!

Post Thanks / Like

I love that they keep adding things to the parks .... I can honestly say we always skipped Beetlejuice, but I did like Disaster because I love Christopher Walken.
    Can they just move him to the new ride?

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes fast and furious ..I will be in heaven ..I hope they do loads of merchandise...
    Universal are now leading the way in the park attractions ... Good competition for all
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: