Quantcast Pecos Bill's menu revamp

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Pecos Bill's menu revamp

I was just reading somewhere that Bill's is closing for 3 days at end of September for a menu revamp. No more burgers, no more cheese sauce. Burritos and rice bowls the new food view. Please tell me this isn't so! The free fixings bar is a major draw for my family, not sure even with updated grub that my heart would be in the place.
    7/88 Off World
    10/04 Pop Century
    10/05 Pop Century and MNSSHP
    12/07 Pop Century and MVMCP
    09/09 Pop Century and Grand Gathering
    12/10 Pop Century
    09/11 Pop Century
    1/14 Coronado Springs

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this and was coming to post. It was the only CS I ordered a burger at because of the fixing bar.

From Touringplans
    f you are a fan of Pecos Bill’s you will notice a change on your next visit. Beginning September 28 and lasting through September 30, Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe will be closed for refurbishment, however, the refurbishment work isn’t going to be changing the restaurant’s decor. Instead, when the Frontierland quick service restaurant reopens on October 1, it will feature a brand new menu; no more burgers!

The new menu that will soon be featured at the popular dining establishment will include delicious dishes like fajitas, burritos, and rice bowls. (Hmmmm….sound like the Magic Kingdom’s version of Chipotle? Also, could they maybe bring back the taco salad? That would be my wish anyway.)

No word on what will happen with the toppings bar with the refurb, though with the ingredients available currently, one would suspect that the toppings bar will remain with delicious offerings to use on your burrito or fajita.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

The death of Walt Disney, the closing of Maelstrom, and now this...

The place to go when you were sick of burgers. The burgers and fixings were a great reprieve.

If i see Olaf wearing a sombrero in there....
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad we ate there last month. This is our favorite place for a burger topped with lots of mushrooms.

Another of my favorite CS places gone, if the menu change really happens. Adding to the current menu might be better; not everyone eats fajitas and burritos.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT IMPRESSED!!!!!

Seriously???? What are they thinking?!?!? I love Peco's Bills and it is the ONLY place on site I will eat a burger . . . or should I say USED to eat burgers.

The place was always so busy that you could hardly get in there.

Fabulous way to shoot yourself in the foot, Disney!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Smile What are they thinking?

I predict a huge drop in sales if this happens.

While I'm always up for a good burrito/fajita entree', not everyone likes mexican food, but almost everyone enjoys a good burger (and Pecos Bill's has some of the best). In addition, where else can you get a burger in that area of MK? Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland is the closest one I can recall. PB's is always packed, so they're doing something right there. Enhance & expand the menu offerings, sure. Just don't fix it if it ain't broke!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Overall I think they've done a fabulous job revamping the CS offerings. But, this sounds like a huge mistake. We really enjoy PB just as it is. I'm sure the new offerings will be tasty, but like others have said, we go there for the burgers and the toppings bar.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder, are they just going to put in a Chipotle?

Plus, mexican food just seems so appealing. Besides, how does that fit into frontier land?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Well no menu has been posted so obituaries are a bit premature until we see that. Also, this isn't being done in isolation. The new Skippers Canteen will be opening soon and they have to reposition and revamp the menus so that each restaurant's offerings have unique items and don't overly compete with each other.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I wonder, are they just going to put in a Chipotle?

Plus, mexican food just seems so appealing. Besides, how does that fit into frontier land?
    It doesn't sound like they are shooting for Mexican as much as south western, which does fit pretty well.

I'm kind of excited about this announcement. I must be the only one who finds the burgers thin, over cooked, flavorless, over processed, blech. All the mushrooms in the world can't save that.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I certainly wouldn't mind the return of a taco salad, if that's in the works.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ž.•*š)ž.•*š)ž.•*šMagicž.•*š)ž.•*š)ž.•*š

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    It doesn't sound like they are shooting for Mexican as much as south western, which does fit pretty well.

I'm kind of excited about this announcement. I must be the only one who finds the burgers thin, over cooked, flavorless, over processed, blech. All the mushrooms in the world can't save that.
    I'm with you on the burgers. I know they are hugely popular but they have never been appealing to me.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I've always had excellent burgers there. I will miss it. I do love a good fajita plate, but there is no way they can pull off a "good" fajita plate there. I'll likely pass on eating here in the future.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I can't eat what's on the new menu. I didn't get a burger last time because I thought it was already something spicy. And why did they change to those awful chairs?
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Well, living in Texas, we have Mexican (or, even better Tex-Mex) on every corner that is probably as good if not better than anything they can come up with. I think this is a bit of a fail. I could see BBQ maybe (western style spicy, not so sweet). And anyone who thinks Chipotle is Mexican food needs to come visit me sometime for a taste bud awakening tour!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post

They sure didn't help that kids' meal turkey sandwich.

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeofwildwood View Post
    I was just reading somewhere that Bill's is closing for 3 days at end of September for a menu revamp. No more burgers, no more cheese sauce. Burritos and rice bowls the new food view. Please tell me this isn't so! The free fixings bar is a major draw for my family, not sure even with updated grub that my heart would be in the place.
    The cheese sauce has been gone for a while. WDW removed self serve cheese sauce at all of the counter service restaurants. No one knows for certain, but it is suspected that this could be a result of nuisance lawsuits (you know, suing due to people burning themselves even though it clearly says "contents may be hot" ). As of yet, cheese cups aren't on menus as a substitute, at least they weren't when I was there over Labor Day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Well no menu has been posted so obituaries are a bit premature until we see that. Also, this isn't being done in isolation. The new Skippers Canteen will be opening soon and they have to reposition and revamp the menus so that each restaurant's offerings have unique items and don't overly compete with each other.
    I have seen it reported on Dining specialty websites, so I am thinking this is most likely happening. I do agree that this is probably due to the new sit down restaurant. If there is a sit down restaurant in the specified land that has a burger, usually there isn't a counter service place with burger.

Cosmic Ray's isn't that far away and they have a fixings bar with I think has almost all of the same items.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Cosmic Ray's isn't that far away and they have a fixings bar with I think has almost all of the same items.
    But let's not forget the nightmare of having to cross to the other side of Main Street while Move It Shake It is going on, or even worse the 3pm parade.

It is a constant irritation to me that you can't get basic staples of American theme-park diets at most CS and TS locations. Even Cosmic Rays is a mess when you have to go through multiple lines to get what my local Sonic can bring to my parked car without it being a problem for them.

That's my on the matter.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

We fought our way through the parade mess only to find Sleep Hollow was closed. Then back thought the mob to eat a hot dog standing over a trash can.

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, maybe my tastes aren't fancy enough. After walking around the park, in the heat and such. I don't want a burrito, or a lobster sandwich, sometimes I just want a burger and fries.

As someone said, I just want a sonic. Or a coney island. Frontierland is a little like Fort WOrth (where I live) how about a whataburger franchise?

Hmm. Might have to hunt be some squirrels like the guy looking for a low carb diet.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings