Quantcast Bus Service At BC

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bus Service At BC

How is the bus service from BC to the parks? Is BC the first to be picked up or last, etc? We are considering changing our resort to BC from AKL. Thanks!!
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I found the bus service at BC to be pretty shotty. But that's true of almost all the deluxe resorts for some reason. The couple of times we stayed we shared with Boardwalk, YC, and sometimes Swan and Dolphin and were last on the pick up/drop off. I don't know if that's always the case, but the two times we've stayed there it has been. For DAK we drive, for Epcot and DHS we walk, and even to MK we've found it faster to walk through Epcot to the monorail. But, the bus service is the only thing I haven't liked about BC. Everything else has been great.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

This is what DH is afraid of and for that reason doesn't want to stay at BC. As much as we like AKL; we spend most of our time at Epcot and MK and I wanted BC. We are considering GF now.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Does the bus at BC/YC share with Swan/Dolphin and BW?
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at BCV many times and I've only known them to share a bus with the Yacht Club. YC does get dropped off first and picked up first, but I've never had a problem with crowds unless it's early in the morning. The last 2 times I stayed there they had Cast Members with iPads running buses. They were very quick. My last visit there was in May of this year. If you're going to be in Epcot and DHS more than MK or AK, definitely stay at BC. Don't let the buses deter you. Bus problems happen at every resort, I've found.

Oh, and GO RED SOX! Our local team is a single A affiliate for the Red Sox. We love our Greenville Drive and the Sox!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Mommy View Post
    I've stayed at BCV many times and I've only known them to share a bus with the Yacht Club. YC does get dropped off first and picked up first, but I've never had a problem with crowds unless it's early in the morning. The last 2 times I stayed there they had Cast Members with iPads running buses. They were very quick. My last visit there was in May of this year. If you're going to be in Epcot and DHS more than MK or AK, definitely stay at BC. Don't let the buses deter you. Bus problems happen at every resort, I've found.

Oh, and GO RED SOX! Our local team is a single A affiliate for the Red Sox. We love our Greenville Drive and the Sox!

Thanks. I've asked my TA to change my resort to BC. It will be different from AKL (we've stayed there a few times) and a lot cheaper than GF (which we were considering).
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    Does the bus at BC/YC share with Swan/Dolphin and BW?
    I think it depends on the time of the year. When we've stayed there during generally "slower" times of the year the buses have sometimes been shared but during busier times I don't think so. It probably depends on how much traffic they're expecting.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I think it depends on the time of the year. When we've stayed there during generally "slower" times of the year the buses have sometimes been shared but during busier times I don't think so. It probably depends on how much traffic they're expecting.
    Seems to not only depend on the time of year, but also on the time of day. Stayed at BCV first of September, and YC, BC and BW typically shared a bus during most of the day. Mornings and nights, each resort had their own bus (although YC and BC were lumped together one night). I have also stayed at the Swan when the Swan and Dolphin were added to the mix so that all 5 resorts shared a bus.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I just stayed at Yacht Club last week and we only shared the bus with Beach Club. All busses dropped off/picked up Yacht Club first then went to Beach Club. I did not find any time that anyone was standing on the busses (please keep in mind though that we did not stay til park close). The walk to Epcot is so short, it's amazing! The boat does stop at other Epcot resort hotels though.

Don't let the busses deter you. We stayed at Riverside our first week, and thought the bus service was far superior at Yacht/Beach Club.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

You're better off getting off at the first stop and walking, whether it be Swan and Dolphin or boardwalk.. you will make it back to BC before the bus and enjoy a nice little stroll!

This is generally what we do with any large resort.. just get off the first stop and leisurely stroll back to our room. Waiting for the bus to make multiple stops when you are so close to your room can be agonizing!
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed there a few times and the buses were never an issue. Wilderness Lodge was where I had horrible bus service on 3 separate occasions. Bad bus service CAN happen anywhere. However, since you only really need to bus to MK from BC, it's not nearly as annoying as having to depend on buses to get you everywhere.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Personally, I found the bus service at BC to be pretty shotty.
    Strmchsr you have inadvertently given me a new word! "Shotty" is a great combination of "shoddy" and another word that means even worse than that but that I can't type here!
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    Strmchsr you have inadvertently given me a new word! "Shotty" is a great combination of "shoddy" and another word that means even worse than that but that I can't type here!
    lol spell correct on the phone can be helpful sometimes even when it messes up.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Everytime we have stayed at BC or YC, the bus went from Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC and then BW. At times, it was in reverse, but always stopped at all resorts.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

People are reporting that last week there were separate buses for BW, BC/YC, and Swan/Dolphin each with their own gate at MK. Can anyone confirm this?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I can confirm that for the week of 9/19-9/26 at MK there was one queue for BC/YC and one separate queue for BW/Swan/Dolphin. The queues were right next to each other though so I'm sure they could combine them at anytime.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, BC and YC have their own MK bus. Been that way for years.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I have stayed at BC and Yacht Club and had no problem with the buses. Love being able to walk to HS and Epcot !!!! We walk a lot and average about 12 miles a day while at Disney. I have a feeling you'll fall in love with the BC
    wdwfanva

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: